butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
y u no portals

or just a straight up Unimog

pls get a Unimog

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
for the price you get much more going to an FMTV platform, not to mention the Unimog is severely overgeared and does not do well over 50mph if it can even get to that speed.
stick some giant tires on a Unimog and that'll fix the gearing

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I love popcorn. I do. I really do. I prefer kettle corn from the sprint cars races, but I’ll take what I can get.

My daughter’s friend works at a hardware store where they have fresh popped popcorn for their customers. She brought me home a paper bag of popcorn yesterday.

I just ate a one day old small bag of hardware store popcorn. It was fantastic.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I love popcorn. I do. I really do. I prefer kettle corn from the sprint cars races, but I’ll take what I can get.

My daughter’s friend works at a hardware store where they have fresh popped popcorn for their customers. She brought me home a paper bag of popcorn yesterday.

I just ate a one day old small bag of hardware store popcorn. It was fantastic.
renfrow's?

the best kettlecorn was from gas stations in charlottesville. the same ones that made amazing sandwiches. we'd always get a big bag before a road trip. @Westy knows of what i speak..

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
renfrow's?

the best kettlecorn was from gas stations in charlottesville. the same ones that made amazing sandwiches. we'd always get a big bag before a road trip. @Westy knows of what i speak..
The Ace hardware in IT.

…..however, please tell me more about kettle corn in VA? Please? Better than at the dirt track races?!

EDIT: isn’t Renfrow’s awesome though?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The KA Sr. final got stupid. Bunch of off tracks, but nothing serious. Then two guys hooked at the middle of the no-lift straight-left-straight and flipped at about 65mph. A corner worker got hit by a kart and the driver got fucked up. Both out by ambulances.

Wifey was here. Just told me that we're done with karting. I told Haley and she hasn't stopped crying for almost an hour.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The KA Sr. final got stupid. Bunch of off tracks, but nothing serious. Then two guys hooked at the middle of the no-lift straight-left-straight and flipped at about 65mph. A corner worker got hit by a kart and the driver got fucked up. Both out by ambulances.

Wifey was here. Just told me that we're done with karting. I told Haley and she hasn't stopped crying for almost an hour.
Has she driven since the accident?

:homer:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
50 miles on the MTB yesterday, so I'll go ride up a big mountain today to make sure I'm tired.
Went and did the Columbine climb that's the "big" 3000ft climb in the Leadville 100. Cleaned it, but can't say I'd be a fan of doing it up or down during the race when others are coming at you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He's an adult. Making adult poor decisions. Resulting in a dislocated finger and 5 stitches in his chin.

And a much lighter wallet for awhile...
Did he just trip or was he at least doing something incredibly stupid?

Pain and suffering is justified if you can laugh about it for the rest of your life.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Has she driven since the accident?

:homer:
But a seat belt! And it's safer!

I don't think Haley is going to talk to her unless she has to at this point and it will probably be for a very extended period. I just hope that anything that she says to her isn't too nasty, because she is very, very upset. "Wtf is wrong with her? Doesn't she realize that this is the only thing that brings me happiness?" A shockingly mature statement from a 12 year old.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But a seat belt! And it's safer!

I don't think Haley is going to talk to her unless she has to at this point and it will probably be for a very extended period. I just hope that anything that she says to her isn't too nasty, because she is very, very upset. "Wtf is wrong with her? Doesn't she realize that this is the only thing that brings me happiness?" A shockingly mature statement from a 12 year old.
Ah, very mature to be having her first midlife crisis. At 12.

:rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was riding around town today. At an intersection some morbidly obese POS in a Jeep blew a stop sign and almost t-boned me. He decided to open the window and said some shit about how I should stay off the road with some unimaginative insults, despite being in an actual bike lane. I decided to perform a little psychological experiment. Not too difficult to follow someone on city streets and I made sure to make eye contact with him in his mirror. After a few blocks I made a guess he was going to do some mall crawling in the Jeep and took a shortcut to cut him off at a mall parking lot. Like clockwork he pulled in, I pulled in right behind him. When he saw me he circled around and pulled out to park in a neighboring lot. I followed, circled around the parking lot close close enough for him to see me. Every time I tried to make eye contact he would look at his phone. Circled around his car at a safe distance for a solid 5 minutes, he wouldn't get out of the Jeep. I made one close roll by and I saw him reach over and heard the doors lock.

Having clearly set dominance I decided to continue on with my ride.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."- Robert E. Howard

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit Stoney and I though my mom was wacked. Hell my mom rode in the ambulance with me with my face split wide open and I spent 3 days in a coma yet she never tried to stop me from biking afterwards
Anxiety to the point that it is hindering life. MIL1 is the same. It's just getting progressively worse. This is going to make for a fun couple of days (weeks).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Somebody posted the video on IG :rolleyes: . And it got taken down. Guy was facing the wrong way. He has a couple of broken ribs; the driver is fine. He only went for precaution because of the contact with the corner worker.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Somebody posted the video on IG :rolleyes: . And it got taken down. Guy was facing the wrong way. He has a couple of broken ribs; the driver is fine. He only went for precaution because of the contact with the corner worker.
how's your kid doing? still hella mega pissed?