Quantcast

•*•IsItFridayYetGMT•*•

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude... that has been awhile...
haven't been on lately i guess... woke up at 5am yesterday morning. diahhrea. 10 minutes later the vomiting started, followed immediately by more diarrhea. got back to sleep for probably an hour or so. this cycle repeated until 1 in the afternoon. about that time i finally started keeping liquids down. i only came downstairs twice yesterday. spent the rest of the day in bed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
haven't been on lately i guess... woke up at 5am yesterday morning. diahhrea. 10 minutes later the vomiting started, followed immediately by more diarrhea. got back to sleep for probably an hour or so. this cycle repeated until 1 in the afternoon. about that time i finally started keeping liquids down. i only came downstairs twice yesterday. spent the rest of the day in bed.
Chipotle!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
Just got back from a long night of soaking in hot springs near death valley with a cool chica.
now packing to move.
Storm pushing through tonight. Driving will be an adventure mañana.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My friends court case was decided. As predicted, pretty much a status quo, only about $15K wasted. Lawyers can go fuck themselves.

The one difference in the status quo? Mother's shitheel boyfriend isn't allowed to watch the kid alone, also is not allowed to go to my friends house. What was my testimony about? That the mothers boyfriend was a shitheel.

Conclusion: you want Westy to have your back.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
How bad did it end up being? What does the dr say about healing, motion recovery, etc?
Both bones are pinned and plated, which is good because the bone on bone crunchy was driving me batty. Turns out I had a flesh wound that was 4x7" and they were able to pull the skin back and reinstall without a graft. The rqdial nerve which opens my thumb etc... is intact but not functioning. They say PT and time will bring it back but looking at 3 to 6 months for that to happen.

It could have been SO much worse. My arm was dangling from the shoulder, thought it was going to be amputated. No extensive muscle or tendon damage, nerves stayed intact, although stretched.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You ever get that beam sorted?
Different superintendent is responsible for the last rush to closing. He said he'd get me that work order and if he can't locate it we'll cut a window in the drywall to verify it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Both bones are pinned and plated, which is good because the bone on bone crunchy was driving me batty. Turns out I had a flesh wound that was 4x7" and they were able to pull the skin back and reinstall without a graft. The rqdial nerve which opens my thumb etc... is intact but not functioning. They say PT and time will bring it back but looking at 3 to 6 months for that to happen.

It could have been SO much worse. My arm was dangling from the shoulder, thought it was going to be amputated. No extensive muscle or tendon damage, nerves stayed intact, although stretched.
PHEW MAN. Glad the news was "good".

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Wow. Glad to hear you're okay. When are they saying you'll be going back to work or are you getting ready for Social Security now?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

sounds pretty brutal. after seeing some of the case studies from my company on their products, i'm pretty impressed at how good they've gotten at putting humpty dumpty back together.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Different superintendent is responsible for the last rush to closing. He said he'd get me that work order and if he can't locate it we'll cut a window in the drywall to verify it.
Eh? Back story?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Eh? Back story?
There's a concrete foundation with a few steel beams laid across it to form the floor of the ground level (along with a bunch of engineered trusses. The pre-drywall inspection showed that some of these beams were shimmed with wood instead of metal, weren't grouted or welded in, and one of the beams seemed a bit short for its pocket.

Since the main floor rests on this and both dan-o and cecil recommended I pursue the matter I asked the builder for a copy of the work order where they fixed this. If it can't be found then the super and I will inspect the ends of the beams ourselves by cutting little holes in the drywall.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Since the main floor rests on this and both dan-o and cecil recommended I pursue the matter I asked the builder for a copy of the work order where they fixed this. If it can't be found then the super and I will inspect the ends of the beams ourselves by cutting little holes in the drywall.
I'd call for that anyway. It's your home, your cash and the proof is in the pudding. Your piece of mind is well worth the minimal cost to repair and refinish some drywall.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm with Nick, demand a physical inspection with your 3rd party dude present.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wow. Glad to hear you're okay. When are they saying you'll be going back to work or are you getting ready for Social Security now?
Boss wants me back in supervisory role next week.. haha.

What matters is that I am off the bike/trail buildng for 2 months.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm with Nick, demand a physical inspection with your 3rd party dude present.
Hire a inspector. Pay him. Use the outcome for your next step and piece of mind. If the outcome is in your favor and they except that outcome sue them and they will have to pay you for the cost of inspector at a rate you may consider a profit. No builder/developer ever has pockets deep enough to get a judgement against them. They are usually Nickel and Dime folks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Boss wants me back in supervisory role next week.. haha.

What matters is that I am off the bike/trail buildng for 2 months.
You may need to consult a attorney. If you were injured at work by no fault of your own. Then it is your right to get Workers Comp during your recovery. Look up what your local laws are. Most reasonable employers will give you 12 weeks paid leave so the OSHA folks don't come sniffing around and get caught up in a workers comp shitfest.