Quantcast

•*•IsItFridayYetGMT•*•

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You may need to consult a attorney. If you were injured at work by no fault of your own. Then it is your right to get Workers Comp during your recovery. Look up what your local laws are. Most reasonable employers will give you 12 weeks paid leave so the OSHA folks don't come sniffing around and get caught up in a workers comp shitfest.
In Montana the laws are geared to promote return to work as early as possible, if there is productive work available to the injured that does not hamper recovery the employer has a legal obligation to return the employee to work. Workman's Comp & the lawyers involved come into play when there is negligence involved.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In Montana the laws are geared to promote return to work as early as possible, if there is productive work available to the injured that does not hamper recovery the employer has a legal obligation to return the employee to work. Workman's Comp & the lawyers involved come into play when there is negligence involved.
Here in NY we do things differently. Very differently.

This is Bullshit. It works the same here...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bonjour. I went riding on the bicycle tonight with a bunch of other fine folk.

Not a bad way to end the night.

Also, ummmm, its December and the trails are perfect and a jacket isn't required for riding? Excuse me? :clapping:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Once someone gets on workman's cop it s very difficult to get them back to work and they often become a burden of the state after their settlements have been squandered.
It is a racket. The Lawyers here have commercials on TV. When I was Union Steward we would get kickbacks at the end of the year for keeping members from working. Often under really suspect circumstances. Its been over 7 years so....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have been working with fairly dangerous industrial machinery since the mid ninety's. Back then I was expected to do some dangerous things to get my job done. I was happy to do it, but seeing so many of the "old timers" with missing digits and other appendages I took it as a personal goal to stay safe. I used to travel with several home made dead man switches that I would wire into the machine. I used them when I had to keep a machine live or running to troubleshoot or clear problems. Had two switches, a thumb operated dead man and a foot pedal for when I needed two hands.

Anymore the safety rule pendulum has swung in the other direction. I am not really sure how to do much of anything without violating safety rules, breaking safety rules is grounds for dismissal. I miss the hands on work but I am no longer in a role where I am expected to wrench. I am glad only because I really don't know how to deal with getting shit done and not breaking the rules.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Both bones are pinned and plated, which is good because the bone on bone crunchy was driving me batty. Turns out I had a flesh wound that was 4x7" and they were able to pull the skin back and reinstall without a graft. The rqdial nerve which opens my thumb etc... is intact but not functioning. They say PT and time will bring it back but looking at 3 to 6 months for that to happen.

It could have been SO much worse. My arm was dangling from the shoulder, thought it was going to be amputated. No extensive muscle or tendon damage, nerves stayed intact, although stretched.
kind of started gagging reading this.
get fucking well.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Dad kicked ass in the cardio stress test. His something, something out put was double the average. He made sure to tell the Dr. about his new kettle bell workouts. 77 and one of the fittest heart attack patients they've tested.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sadly there are times I only think I know what I am talking about.
Funny, there are times where I have a roomful of people agreeing with me, yet I have no idea what the fuck I was saying. It seems I have developed some kind of uncontrollable subconscious corporate meeting reflex.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Funny, there are times where I have a roomful of people agreeing with me, yet I have no idea what the fuck I was saying. It seems I have developed some kind of uncontrollable subconscious corporate meeting reflex.
I find if you have more money then everyone else in the room. You will always get your way. Yes I am that kind of asshole.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is it a bad thing that I am treating buying a house like ordering a Taiwanese hooker?

Also what happened to boostindubsauce? Did he fall down go boom?

Also also I love this next thing So.Fucking.Much.

Bonjour. I went riding on the bicycle tonight with a bunch of other fine folk.

Not a bad way to end the night.

Also, ummmm, its December and the trails are perfect and a jacket isn't required for riding? Excuse me? :clapping:
Can I start a GMT yet?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I work in the packaging industry. I've seen shit happen in distribution you wouldn't believe.
Even if I come into possession of Donald Trumps heart I promise to not use my growler to ship his heart to Monravia for it to be ground into sausage to make pies. I promise...