Quantcast

<<<~•~>>>Foggy Slacker Sunday<<<~•~>>>

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Max Verstappen entered my dream(s) last night where he was corrected about braking on the RB car while sitting on the sidepod, realized I overheard this only to reluctantly answer my question about old vs. new vehicle weights. :tinfoil:

Local Criterium series starts today, and was able to extract myself from being untested and Road Novice on my license. Rained all night it seems and not overly stoked about wet roads, 50+ Masters or the B Race groups being quite full and no sleep because Red Bull Gives You Wings. I looked - no wings or Blue Cheese either WTF??

:wave:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think I may have found a career path forward I don't hate. I feel oddly excited about it.

Today should be mellow, I would love to pre-ride my commute path but I'm not sure the weather nor time will hold out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_1275.jpeg

only 6” and change is disappointing, as perhaps she said somewhere out there

but nevertheless I shall persist. Small tour day as part of day 3 of my AIARE 1 course. I will hang out at the back on the uphill eh

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I had switched from Chrome to Firefox and not logged into any google accounts on Firefox. It took youtube about 3 days to figure out who I really was and start serving me my old feed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ordered some glasses for the eclipse. I think that I shall take that day off and drive to where the total eclipse path will pass. Will bring a bike, so if the weather is shit, it's not a total loss. Fingers crossed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I guess I should start this tax filing BS again.
I'd also like to ride a bicycle, doesn't look warm out there today though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Painting of baseboards to be done today. I still have baseboards in our bedroom and the basement bathroom to finish (in general), but this will get everything else done. Wifey has been more frustrated about it not getting done, so it will be getting done.

Wifey and I had a talk about drinking again yesterday. She was pretty nasty to her mom and that was part of the issue, so we had to address it. Those conversations suck, but have to be addressed sometimes. I highly doubt Haley will take up drinking though. She has a genetic predisposition to have the tolerance of a 4 y/o and sees how that exhibits itself. Hannah I think is still too young to understand it. Ugh. I fucking hate how it can fuck with people.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Went to a cool meeting last night. I know it sounds bad, but the stories I hear always make my bullshit seem really small. Yes I just took a 20% pay cut in hopes my company stays afloat. What I didn't do was drive drunk and have a head on with another car that resulted in the death of a child. Holy fuck, I can't even imagine. But I've also never driven drunk, so there is that.

Talk about perspective, wow. But it is also really cool to hear about how someone has dealt with that and what they are doing for amends. That shit is pretty encouraging.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
'Come - let us talk of the Hunt' ...something I always say halfway through an order of Wings.

B-Group Crit was dicey, forced wide by one bike minus rider, then another, to stay upright on lap 4 or 5 - couple hundo of landscaping and jumping a curb to get back back onto the circuit, called it after another 4 or 5 laps. Large group, 59 riders, all w/ a strong finish.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Morning Monkeys.

Went to a cool meeting last night. I know it sounds bad, but the stories I hear always make my bullshit seem really small. Yes I just took a 20% pay cut in hopes my company stays afloat. What I didn't do was drive drunk and have a head on with another car that resulted in the death of a child. Holy fuck, I can't even imagine. But I've also never driven drunk, so there is that.

Talk about perspective, wow. But it is also really cool to hear about how someone has dealt with that and what they are doing for amends. That shit is pretty encouraging.
There are some good meetings out there! I look back on my days of 90 in 90 with fondness. I used to hit 10 meetings a week, doubling up Thursday, Friday, Saturday because those were the hardest nights! The meetings here in Yakima are sketchy as fuck though! Haha

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are some good meetings out there! I look back on my days of 90 in 90 with fondness. I used to hit 10 meetings a week, doubling up Thursday, Friday, Saturday because those were the hardest nights! The meetings here in Yakima are sketchy as fuck though! Haha
Yeah, the meetings here in town are sketchy, the wife goes downtown at least once a week, but she is now in charge of a zoom meeting that averages 40+ folks a night. About a dozen of them were there last night for her 2 year coin. I've gone to a couple of the speaker meetings and I'm always impressed.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Upon my resurrection of adequate slumber, copious quantities of arabica filtered water were consumed, a cornucopia of swine strips, unborn poultry embryos and roughage were ingested. In hopes of favorable meteorological events I wish to continue severing and eradicating the remaining silvicultural evergreen species that reside on a specific plot of which I have staked claim. I shall go forth and commit ecological murder of a renewable resource with a electrically powered, spinning death wand of chiseled teeth.

Good day to you sirs.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy shit, we are actually doing a budgets and we are spending $200 a month on average for our 2 dogs and a cat, not including vet bills. That's food, treats, meds, and shit bags.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It took me a couple of reading to figure out that the meetings were AA. I went to one where my friend got her one year chip ( I was the inspiration to get sober. she figured if I could get straight so could she). I never went to a meeting before or since. Than stuff just isn't my cup of tea. Been sober since July 10th 1981. It just depends on how badly you want to get straight so hang in there guys

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It took me a couple of reading to figure out that the meetings were AA. I went to one where my friend got her one year chip ( I was the inspiration to get sober. she figured if I could get straight so could she). I never went to a meeting before or since. Than stuff just isn't my cup of tea. Been sober since July 10th 1981. It just depends on how badly you want to get straight so hang in there guys
i know someone who doesn't.

it's hard to cut them out of your life.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I believe the current average is around $300-400k for one child to the age of 18.
Yeah, I've been trying to convince my boy that a vasectomy is a cheaper alternative to another child. He is struggling to afford the 2 he has, yet they are considering the possibility of another because reasons.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yeah, I've been trying to convince my boy that a vasectomy is a cheaper alternative to another child. He is struggling to afford the 2 he has, yet they are considering the possibility of another because reasons.
When my daughter was born, an old friend told me, if you have a boy you only have to worry about one dick, if you have a girl, you have to worry about all the dicks, lol

Look on the bright side, at least you dont have a couple girls that are into very expensive hobbies like stoney.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
:stosh:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This is not in any way helpful, encouraging, or inspiring.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This is not in any way helpful, encouraging, or inspiring.
Quitting is not easy. But it comes down to how bad do you want it and how honest you are to yourself. No one is going to take the drink out of your hand,, the straw out of your nose, the needle out of your arm for you, you have to say I'm a fuck up and I am not going to stay this way. Then you have to make that radical lifestyle change. Don't hang out with people you went and got wasted with. clean out all of the alcohol, dugs, and paraphernalia from your house and life. know that pain will be involved but be determined to not crumble and win over/ inspite of the pain. You can't ever again just have one. It doesn't get easier to say no because you forget how bad the pain was. That's my life. yours may or may not be similar. I can't sit in a room of people telling stories with them smoking cigarettes and stay addicted to nicotine and wonder why they can't get straight. You have to walk away from everything. I chose a path that is mine alone. it was and is still painful but that path is why I am still alive today.