Quantcast

<<<~•~>>>Foggy Slacker Sunday<<<~•~>>>

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Indiscernable mist damn it man.

I dropped two 8" diameter trees and bucked/piled them today using only my Silky Boy. I counted 12 teeth missing in the saw. I am tired. I have four more 12" diameter trees to get through.

I need that Stihl in my life. :bonk:
Or:

I have the smaller Katanaboy 500. :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

This is what I am using. I've had it 3 years and it's about due for a different blade or maybe I'll try a different model.

I have a Silky telescoping pole saw that has done serious work for me. I see they discontinued their pole saws. I've got outdated equipment, yikes.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Or:

I have the smaller Katanaboy 500. :D
I've got a Bigboy 2000 and it's fantastic for stuff that size. And being quiet in the woods for trail stuff. Have an electric 18" Ryobi with a couple batteries for around the house bigger stuff. Great for casual home use. Doesn't get used much though, just because the Silky works so damn well. The Stihl looks awesome, if I had a need for something bigger/more powerful.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've got a Bigboy 2000 and it's fantastic for stuff that size. And being quiet in the woods for trail stuff. Have an electric 18" Ryobi with a couple batteries for around the house bigger stuff. Great for casual home use. Doesn't get used much though, just because the Silky works so damn well. The Stihl looks awesome, if I had a need for something bigger/more powerful.
I too have a Bigboy. It was my first Silky saw. Great for trail gnome activities.