Quantcast

~~•~~FTS Friday~~•~~

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
doing a few errands, doing a little work. realized i should do trailwork since i can't ride for a while. might do a bit of that over the next few weeks...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In other news, had my surprise performance review yesterday. I achieve expectations. Sounds about right, achieves expectations is pretty much who I am as a person.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
In Tucson.
Rained like the Devil last night.
Washes are flodded.

Go to the south west they said. :think:

The vanlife thing is getting ridiculous.
Comptemplating selling it next spring.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Good morning!

...and this is why our cats don't get to go outside.

The deck rail shot was taken with my Samsung potato through the kitchen double windows. Other is after she flew off to her overwatch spot, ~ 40 feet up and 100 or so away.

IMG_0022.JPG
422549232_10163659307354698_5293771060970373779_n.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Comptemplating selling it next spring.
If serious, how so, just too busy everywhere? Or just a long drive from Canuckistan to sit in AZ rain? :D

Wife and I really missed having a camper while we tried to get a van last year after selling our truck camper. Might be getting closer to picking up a van though.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Rainy grey crap weather yet again. Work tonight, then off for three. Forecast is calling for the next six days to be sunny. Hoping it's somehwat accurate. Need to do some exterior house stuff, and ride bikes. Not that those things can't be done in crap weather, it just sucks doing them that way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good morning!

The deck rail shot was taken with my Samsung potato through the kitchen double windows. Other is after she flew off to her overwatch spot, ~ 40 feet up and 100 or so away.

View attachment 207135View attachment 207136
Thats cool. I love seeing birds of prey.

And with our mild winter here they have been out it numbers. There are some big boys out there.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Thats cool. I love seeing birds of prey.

And with our mild winter here they have been out it numbers. There are some big boys out there.
Yep. I think this was a female, but not 100% sure. Easily as large as our 20# fat boy cat Hank. We see them winging around the neighborhood all the time, and a fair amount of big owls late in the day/dusk. Lots of little critters around here for them to munch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

View attachment 207135View attachment 207136
I noticed two birds frozen on the feeder the other day, they stayed that way for a good 10 minutes. It was chill to watch, I've never seen them do that before. Then I noticed the neighborhood red tail hawk lingering the trees.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I noticed two birds frozen on the feeder the other day, they stayed that way for a good 10 minutes. It was chill to watch, I've never seen them do that before. Then I noticed the neighborhood red tail hawk lingering the trees.
Ha! Our backyard usually is teeming with squirrels and small birds. This thing hung around for about 30 minutes, during which none of the usual critters were out and about.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just nowhere to park besides the glamorous Walmart parking lot?

/me is not working today. Errands then up to the mountains this afternoon. A Land Cruiser kind of weekend is forecast.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
breakfast burritos, coffee, and a day o' work ahead! WOOT!
we're back on Death Storm Watch for the next couple of days, so at least skiing will be good.

how are you feeling, homie?
ok. bit of trouble w/focusing and memory. constant tinnitus. also haven't had a single drink in a week for the first time in probably 15-20 years. trying to sleep a bit more. hoping that the cumulative effects kick in in the next few weeks...we shall see.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Rain, rain and more rain mah bratato's, Still waiting on the surveyor, hopefully he will be done this week. I really hate it when I cant do something myself.

In other news,

River house is up to 850ish views and 65ish saves. The realtor says she gotz lotza viewings today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ok. bit of trouble w/focusing and memory. constant tinnitus. also haven't had a single drink in a week for the first time in probably 15-20 years. trying to sleep a bit more. hoping that the cumulative effects kick in in the next few weeks...we shall see.
if you have trouble sleeping / staying asleep, try a magnesium supplement an hour or 2 before bed.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
everything sucks and is bad

nah jk lol

slept OK, a bit restless for sure. No workout this morning, recovery was a bit slow. Son had a dermatology appointment this morning and I feel like we're not making any progress. Frustrating. Birds are still birding.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
No rain today, the trails are primed for throwing dirt though.

Had a giant bald eagle hovering 25ft above me on my greenbelt spin last night. Damn those birds are massive. I was mildly concerned for my well being even.

@Jozz is it your vehicle or the traveling your burned out on?

I am quasi hunting for a turbo diesel pickup with 6.5ft bed so I can build me a poor mans camping/bike rig. When my kids go to boarding school I'll get a handful of Rky Mtn road trips a year.