Quantcast

~• GMTuesday •~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How y'all doin?
Finally over this summer cold.

I think I got my Cura brakes sorted out while I was sick. We'll see later.

Beautiful day in store. Go out and do something fun.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still struggling with a summer cold which I thought was gone but came back after my Swedish struggles. I am a weak old man. I have not ridden any mtb this year so far. I need to put the new tires on the bike and get going and maybe find some new more challenging trails to ride if they exist around here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Breakfast and about to leave for Co Springs. Handing account off to new guy, so I never have to go back there for a long time to discuss money, because money > economy > Cheeto Jesus will make everything wonderful!

Got to have one of those conversations with someone yesterday. Explaining that we're starting to change our outlook to neutral (which is a bell ring to negative) because things like employment numbers are being revised down and he went ranting that media always skews what they want you to hear and they can't hire enough people anyways. Right... But you are govt, pay less than open mkt, and the pension you get new employees don't get, so why would they not take open mkt? Older white guy retiring with a 90% govt pension @ 60. Can't trust people, they just want to take for free from the govt... Fucking assholes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sup @Nick !
Another day at work, another day at home working on the new house.... lame.... need to ride bike....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOL! Good morning!! I went for a short run before work and needed long sleeves and light gloves. That is the best weather to run in. And after work it should be 78 degrees and sunny, which is the best weather to ride in, which I will do. In between the two though is a big fat pile of monkey shit that I call "WORK."

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Breakfast and about to leave for Co Springs. Handing account off to new guy, so I never have to go back there for a long time to discuss money, because money > economy > Cheeto Jesus will make everything wonderful!

Got to have one of those conversations with someone yesterday. Explaining that we're starting to change our outlook to neutral (which is a bell ring to negative) because things like employment numbers are being revised down and he went ranting that media always skews what they want you to hear and they can't hire enough people anyways. Right... But you are govt, pay less than open mkt, and the pension you get new employees don't get, so why would they not take open mkt? Older white guy retiring with a 90% govt pension @ 60. Can't trust people, they just want to take for free from the govt... Fucking assholes.
So what you are saying is

airplane_crash_position-1170x658.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Day 7 of drywalling. Let's hope the FIL is satisfied with the way things turned out so we can get around to priming, painting, trimming it all out, and laying flooring.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I haven't taken any of that in months. I remain unconvinced of it's efficacy.

You know, like fasting. :D
Fasting has been scientifically proven to make you hungry.
You all jest but the evidence behind this is sound, I tell ya. Free, simple, increases metabolic rate despite no calorie intake, melds well with ketogenic diets, mobilizes fat because the body has no choice other than to burn it.

The hunger isn't too bad. Ghrelin has 3 daily spikes that correspond to normal mealtimes, and as long as one is conscious of this and that the sensation of mild hunger will indeed pass in a few more minutes it's highly tolerable.

I'm currently about 39 hours in, for the record.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Still struggling with a summer cold which I thought was gone but came back after my Swedish struggles. I am a weak old man. I have not ridden any mtb this year so far. I need to put the new tires on the bike and get going and maybe find some new more challenging trails to ride if they exist around here.
Come over to Fynen. Depends on how you define "challenging" there are some here that are good fun.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
Met with an artist last nite in town. We are producing an animated series based on his prairie dog comic.
Ended up spending the rest of the nite chatting with some other growers. It seems most of my plants are ahead of most folks in town, except my sativas I grew from seeds we got in mexico.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You all jest but the evidence behind this is sound, I tell ya. Free, simple, increases metabolic rate despite no calorie intake, melds well with ketogenic diets, mobilizes fat because the body has no choice other than to burn it.

The hunger isn't too bad. Ghrelin has 3 daily spikes that correspond to normal mealtimes, and as long as one is conscious of this and that the sensation of mild hunger will indeed pass in a few more minutes it's highly tolerable.

Sounds a lot like trickle down economics

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that's actually impressive, will power and all. I don't think I could fast that long with any regularity.

I'm taking the opposite approach. 5 mornings per week I'm dedicating to either working out or riding 45 min. unless I know I have an afternoon mtb ride planned. That plus a better focus on what I'm eating and how much, for 90 days, and see if I gain/lose/feel better/catch teh 'beetus. Today was day 2/2.

Science vs "science" ...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Extended fasts are not something that people with more knowledge recommend to do regularly, but more like a monthly/quarterly kind of thing. I won't be doing this every week. But intermittent fasting (like eating between 12 PM and 6 PM only) is very easy to work into one's life.

I hope your tactic works well, Nick. If nothing else you should get more rides in! :D I'm going to repeat my metabolic rate and body composition tests, perhaps at 6 months if I've seen a lot of results by then and certainly at a year. That way I'll have objective data on how much fat vs lean mass I lost, and what happened with my metabolic rate.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I haven't taken any of that in months. I remain unconvinced of it's efficacy.

You know, like fasting. :D
what were you taking it for?
I am wary of this trend but am interested.
I figure I smoke enough pot to get all cannabinoids.