Quantcast

<<<•>>>Harumph day<<<•>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Oslo was a nice visit again but would like to come back next time when its warmer and bring the mtb too. Vacation a couple of days at home where I plan to be up to no good, work out, ride bike, and do some painting.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Motherfucker, shipped off a frame, UPS shows delivery to dudes front porch. He claims he was home, but nothing was delivered. How do I know he didn’t just say it wasn’t delivered?
UPS won’t say anything for at least 15 days.
The hits just keep on coming for me right now.
Official complaint thread, I want a ‘23 do over, please.:rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Motherfucker, shipped off a frame, UPS shows delivery to dudes front porch. He claims he was home, but nothing was delivered. How do I know he didn’t just say it wasn’t delivered?
UPS won’t say anything for at least 15 days.
The hits just keep on coming for me right now.
Official complaint thread, I want a ‘23 do over, please.:rolleyes:
insured?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
At least our local fedex seems to take photos when stuff gets delivered, so I know they've left it at the mailbox 1/4mile away.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So it sounds like I might be getting an offer. The second interview was a casual discussion about my background and how it might be applied to them from the guy who can't wait for a replacement so he can move on. I thought it might go that route and am wicked glad it did.

With any luck it will be 5% or more than where I just was. :fans:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Hey all, been a busy couple of weeks for me, so largely I've just been buried in work.
Crawled back out of the NCMC bunker at 7 this morning and have the next 4 days off to recover.... 14 hour shifts in the bunker in the sub basement under parliament takes it out of you.
Had a few cool bucketlist moments though!
Tuesday night I got to give my 1st satellite tasking orders.... I'm kinda terrified of what that must have cost even though it was just a Sentinel-2!
Got to send my 1st EMA message as well.
Then yesterday because Princess Anne and her entourage had decided to do some disaster tourism and visit the bunker I finally got my wish to have access restricted to our section.... people trying to come in and have a nosy was already causing problems before the royal visit so it was finally enough to get approval.

20230216_013616.jpg

The not so nice was getting home at 8am on Wednesday to find the caravan had sprung a leak in the storm and all the carpet was sodden, I had to get my back to work in just a few hours so just put head down for a few hours snooze before heading back into work... so just had to leave it.
More rain today so now the 1st day off is basically in clean up mode sorting out that mess at home. :(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Recruiter called and an offer is coming together, so I should know by tomorrow. My ask was more than I was making but barley above the minimum range posted, so I know I won't get insulted, but hope it's above my ask.

For those keeping score at home:

4 applications
2 rejections
1 interview : 1 offer

Not terrible.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Recruiter called and an offer is coming together, so I should know by tomorrow. My ask was more than I was making but barley above the minimum range posted, so I know I won't get insulted, but hope it's above my ask.

For those keeping score at home:

4 applications
2 rejections
1 interview : 1 offer

Not terrible.
My wife is still hunting, but thankfully picked up a couple of months of half her time consulting to keep her busy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Last day watching my friend's dog. While I love her Dog. I love her apartment more. Front and back sleeping porches. Top floor 1 dedicated bedroom. Cool kitchen. Gas Stove. Half bath off kitchen/dining area. Backyard. Cool neighbors. Quiet. Basement laundry and huge storage. 2 parking spots. Trees. $635/mo.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife is still hunting, but thankfully picked up a couple of months of half her time consulting to keep her busy.
My last gig was a 6 week contract that turned permanent, but after the company got bought 2 years ago, it got real weird. I was only there about 6 months before the purchase, then COVID.

The Portland market is ok, there were a dozen or so jobs I could manage, one I applied for showed it had 50 applicants, but I hadn't heard from them yet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My last gig was a 6 week contract that turned permanent, but after the company got bought 2 years ago, it got real weird. I was only there about 6 months before the purchase, then COVID.

The Portland market is ok, there were a dozen or so jobs I could manage, one I applied for showed it had 50 applicants, but I hadn't heard from them yet.
Funny, that first paragraph almost parallels hers. Contractor to full time, basically telling the new president of the company how to run it, then he went weird.

Must be a Portland thing ;)