Quantcast

~•~Hmph Day~•~

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Received my ss cog yesterday. Putting that on my franken 29+ fatbike. It's been ages since I rode single speed.

Having a friend over for her birthday breakfast. Breakfast sausages rolled into buckwheat crepes with aged cheddar and maple sirup. :drool:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Steaming cup of covfefe to start the day. Slew of meetings on the agenda, so I doubt much else will get done.

It would appear my wifi outdoor plug works, which is great, so now I can program a schedule for my truck's block heater.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello.

off to work in a minute. Got about 50 minutes on the trainer this morning, so that's a good start. Little by little.

Debating what to do with direct report. At this point the message should be clear and I don't believe that I can rely on him. That being said, sometimes saying "Hey do you actually want to work here? Because you're not showing it" can be as effective as "I spoke with HR and one more fuckup and you're out the door". In other words- do I try to approach him as a homey before I treat him as a fuckup.

anyways

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a stupid tech support question

Does anybody know how to get a font in paint 3d? I want to write something in arial black. I see arial and arial rounded. I've tried downloading arial black but it still doesn't show. If I go to fonts, I see "Black" listed under the arial family, but I can't select it.

Otherwise, can anybody help write a word in white on a transparent background in arial black?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Debating what to do with direct report. At this point the message should be clear and I don't believe that I can rely on him. That being said, sometimes saying "Hey do you actually want to work here? Because you're not showing it" can be as effective as "I spoke with HR and one more fuckup and you're out the door". In other words- do I try to approach him as a homey before I treat him as a fuckup.
Empathetic me says try the homey approach, cause you never know what someone has going on in their life and you could help be that catalyst for change.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
hello.

off to work in a minute. Got about 50 minutes on the trainer this morning, so that's a good start. Little by little.

anyways
Does he have a desk? If so. Leave a massive shit in one of the drawers. If he sticks around. He’s a keeper, if he leaves, two things accomplished. . . You left a turd and got rid of a turd.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cccolddd, but not hard freeze, yet. Kolache run done, only took me an hour to complete what should have been a 15 min round trip, yay traffic. Now to the office we go. :twitch:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My confidence in our society has fallen even more. Less than 50% of eligible voters in CO voted. They all get mailed a ballot, yet this is still the result. Pitiful.

Our county, not surprisingly, voted down the mill levy to increase funding for schools. We already have the lowest paid teachers in Denver-metro and had an exodus this school year. I expect the same next year. Our property taxes will be going up substantially with the property value adjustments next year, and we will have nothing to show from that. A move across the freeway is looking really good...

Also teaching a class of "recovering from hard financial times", which I go into economics quite a bit as well. That should be fun, as there are some pretty hardcore "Biden caused it" guys at this city, who are gonna be real upset when I explain inflow of cash to markets and how that causes inflation.

So yeah, here.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Down Jacket morning, I actually put my shorts in the drawer for the next few months, shit.

speaking of shit, picked up a client yesterday, he effing reeked of turd. then I saw it, fresh turd on the outside of his pants leg. Damn people how the hell do you not now you have shit on yourself? Yes Clorox wipes were deployed so disgusting.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What did you get for a gas detector?
74D52B01-52FF-44B0-ACF8-1D6DC946D3F1.jpeg

wasn't going to spend a grand on an MSA like we had on the dept

Simple to use and easy to calibrate, talked to the PHD behind the company directly on the phone, seems most of his sales are for the mining industry and confined space teams including FEMA. Felt good about the device since he also calibrates them for free.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also teaching a class of "recovering from hard financial times", which I go into economics quite a bit as well. That should be fun, as there are some pretty hardcore "Biden caused it" guys at this city, who are gonna be real upset when I explain inflow of cash to markets and how that causes inflation.
BAHYDUN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Received my ss cog yesterday. Putting that on my franken 29+ fatbike. It's been ages since I rode single speed.
I've still got my old (2009 vintage) Boone Ti SS cog sitting in parts and I'd love to give it a go again. But XD freehub and 2x (non DM or 104bcd) crankset on my HT says much fuckery would be required. I think I sold my Hope HG freehub to @canadmos ?

I think the last time I had it SS was 2013 racing a bunch of 100 milers in the NUE series...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
It's been an off-schedule week for me, so I'm starting slow this morning. Oldest is over the flu, but is now on antibiotics for a secondary infection (walking pneumonia).

In other news, I have exactly 24 days before kid #3 arrives, and about 1,000 things to do. :s

Time to look at some election results...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I found out the boards hadn't shipped yet because the graphics are heat transfered and the machine takes a ton of juice, so they hold orders until they have at least 200 to do. But I got notice this morning that the boards are completed and should be shipped today. So stoked.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A move across the freeway is looking really good...
my kids absolutely love Polaris fwiw.
Oldest is over the flu, but is now on antibiotics for a secondary infection (walking pneumonia).
I had the flu-pneumonia double whammy a few years back. Knocked my right on my ass. Felt like death.

/me was going to go mountain biking but Baby Aya coughed herself into puking this morning so home from preschool she shall stay with me.