Quantcast

<>•<>Midweek Humphday<>•<>

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Moab in August? :crazy: how's the weather??
Just here on an overnight on the way to Durango. Pulled into N. Klondike at 9:00 PM, cooled down the travel trailer , got up and rode early. Onward to higher country now.
However, not a single soul on any trail, no traffic, no lines at any store in town. Pleasant if you time it right.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Drove 30 minutes to access prime brie. Got some local veggies on our way back and a thousand pounds of hemlock boards. Had planned to ride but motivation is sub-par.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have arrived in the land of different colored construction pylons and where everyone is either doing 20+ over the speed limit or 20 under.

Eventful drive. Saw a deer standing on the shoulder of the freeway, from a far distance. Luckily it didn't jump.

Also had a tire blow out on a transport truck that was right infront of me. Had to take evasive maneuvers to avoid the shrapnel and tread carcass. Good thing I know to keep a good buffer between me and the trucks..

Beer o clock yet?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Frig, some wine tasting bike tour group or whatever out of Vermont filled the entire bike storage room here. I hate touching other people's bikes, but had to move two of them to squeeze ours in on the wall hangers - theirs are all just lined up in the middle using their kickstands. Also a few ebikes just leaning against the wall, also blocking the wall hangers.... :banghead:

ANYWAYS, beer is in hand now.

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
The baby osprey chick (on the Lazy River Float, two drink minimum) done all growned up.

Where the frack did summer go?
IMG_20230816_154736138_copy_900x1600.jpg

Also got pissed at by a yearling swamp donkey displeased with my presence, as is the custom...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The baby osprey chick (on the Lazy River Float, two drink minimum) done all growned up.

Where the frack did summer go?
View attachment 199043
Also got pissed at by a yearling swamp donkey displeased with my presence, as is the custom...
Those helmet birds get angry sometimes...

Speaking of birds, I've spotted two Kestrel hawks this summer. Up to now, have never seen one. Cute little buggers.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is it a dry heat though?

I hear that's the deal breaker.
funny thing about the desert.....even those temps aren't deadly in the shade.

it's the sun in zero humidty air that getsya

We've got an office in moab that job openings pop up for every so often. As much as I love the colorado plateau geology, I can't possibly live in a place that only has two seasons: "Hot as fuck" season, and "swarming asshole" season

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
funny thing about the desert.....even those temps aren't deadly in the shade.

it's the sun in zero humidty air that getsya

We've got an office in moab that job openings pop up for every so often. As much as I love the colorado plateau geology, I can't possibly live in a place that only has two seasons: "Hot as fuck" season, and "swarming asshole" season
I thought every season was "swarming asshole" for you?

Have you considered moving to the Yukon?