Quantcast

<~•~>Mountain Climbing Monday<~•~>

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Goddamn, keeping a 2004 Impreza running is getting expensive and annoying. AC compressor went out, wasn't cheap.

Then just had a garage do all the fluid stuff for the 120k $ervice and the timing belt which was overdue.

They wanted $330 to do plugs and wires so I refused that and all the other crap that needs done. So I went to do the plugs and a fuel filter on Sat, found oil in the plug wells, so it was new valve cover gasket time. Turns out that's super-fun on a Boxer, but I got it done yesterday without needing to jack the engine up above the frame. Tricky but do-able. Went really well till a cover bolt went missing in an interdimensional pocket near the frame crossmember.

Waiting on parts to refresh the shifter linkage joint and bushings, since the shifter turned into a sloppy squid of a mess while the car sat for years. Need to do new tie rod ends and replace cracked strut top mounts...borrowed tools from Autozone and waiting on things to show up in the mail.

Also gotta get out a wire wheel and some rustoleum to try and keep the oil pan and frame in decent shape. Prolly gotta swap out the oil pan for new at some point.

Refreshing the super-yellow, hazy headlights with one of the Mother's kits was a morale booster, tho. This thing needs some more cosmetic work at some point. And rims, because these wheels are getting super-gross and corroding.

Just glad I have a buddy's garage can do this stuff in, because the hotel parking garage would be less ideal.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

work, shmerk.

Goddamn, keeping a 2004 Impreza running is getting expensive and annoying. AC compressor went out, wasn't cheap.

Then just had a garage do all the fluid stuff for the 120k $ervice and the timing belt which was overdue.

They wanted $330 to do plugs and wires so I refused that and all the other crap that needs done. So I went to do the plugs and a fuel filter on Sat, found oil in the plug wells, so it was new valve cover gasket time. Turns out that's super-fun on a Boxer, but I got it done yesterday without needing to jack the engine up above the frame. Tricky but do-able. Went really well till a cover bolt went missing in an interdimensional pocket near the frame crossmember.

Waiting on parts to refresh the shifter linkage joint and bushings, since the shifter turned into a sloppy squid of a mess while the car sat for years. Need to do new tie rod ends and replace cracked strut top mounts...borrowed tools from Autozone and waiting on things to show up in the mail.

Also gotta get out a wire wheel and some rustoleum to try and keep the oil pan and frame in decent shape. Prolly gotta swap out the oil pan for new at some point.

Refreshing the super-yellow, hazy headlights with one of the Mother's kits was a morale booster, tho. This thing needs some more cosmetic work at some point. And rims, because these wheels are getting super-gross and corroding.

Just glad I have a buddy's garage can do this stuff in, because the hotel parking garage would be less ideal.
Subaru, never again. :nope:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nothing like getting woken up with the words of a pissed off wife " Garbage cans aren't out" apparently my response of I know but they don't come until 7 am and I'm getting up at 0430 was enough to piss her off.
anyways that shit is done.

Just me and the dogs in the house so thankfully I can drink my espresso in peace

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

1M9fmo1WAFVK0.gif

Nothing like getting woken up with the words of a pissed off wife " Garbage cans aren't out" apparently my response of I know but they don't come until 7 am and I'm getting up at 0430 was enough to piss her off.
anyways that shit is done.
Is she incapable of moving garbage cans? :think:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up, flufflies?? Swam before this WFH day. I will climb onto the KICKR at some point during these work hours and do some easy pedaling. My legs are feeling pretty shot from the weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a virtual doctors appointment booked for 8:30am today. The booking app and their confirmation texts clearly stated "be ready to check-in ten minutes before your scheduled time".

So of course, they call TWENTY minutes early, while I'm driving and from a random number, so I don't answer. Five minutes later (still more than ten minutes before my appointment time), I'm pulled over in a parking lot and pull up the app to get ready for the appointment. Only to discover its been cancelled.

:banghead:

calmblueocean

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Holiday here, constitution day. So not getting much done, maybe a ride later today?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I did not put the garbage cans out for it is not until tomorrow that they are picked up

going to e-bike in to work as the storm/hail risk outside of the mountains is lower today and tomorrow than during this whole two week long storms every day bullshit that we’ve had

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
remaining old floor removal has begun. kinda sad to see the old heart pine go, but will be glad when the new floors (prefinished hickory) are in.

i shall not put out garbage and recycling until wednesday morning, for that is when they are collected.

working on the porch; will pick up 13yo from his end of year math testing around 1:00. gotta run by the post office at some point and mail my dad his birthday present. that is all.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Plenty on ye ole to-do list for the day. Outside of work, I need to send off the paperwork for the car sale, fill/sand/prep a door, and maybe, just maybe, hang another piece of drywall. Trying to get it all up so ny FIL can tape/mud/sand it all. House projects galore!

Wife might murder me if she knew the extra work I've been putting into the door. "But it's just a closet door!" She would say. Still can't help but try and restore it to its original glory, the dinged and poorly painted shitshow it was before shall not suffice.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wait you peeps live on the edge and take the trash out on the day it gets picked up?

Frig, everybody and their brother puts it out to the curb the night before pickup around here. Actually, that's what the town tells us to do.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Want to ride but legs needs a rest at tree days of riding. These are difficult days as the bike really helps lower my stress level.
Remind us, what happened with the job? Were you not supposed to hear from them last week?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
something i did not know....

the husband of the crazy lady i worked for in colorado managed assets worth over 370 million with his son at his brokerage firm....no corporations....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
also...

did not know there were e bmx bikes...

Scot Breithaupt is rolling over in his grave....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today's finance tip: I think I've mentioned this before, but it popped up today to remind me.

For those that work for publicly traded companies and get company stock deposited into their ESOP/401(k) plans - check to see if the shares are in unit or actual shares. If they are in actual shares, look into Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA). If you're working with an advisor who tells you to sell it and move to an IRA, pause before doing anything, because they might cost you thousands in taxes. It might be worth firing that person and finding someone who brings it up first.

We had it happen with a plan I dealt with about 10yrs ago. Edward Jones advisor pushed someone to rollover a few million dollars of stock. Ended up coming the person nearly $400k in taxes. Substantial lawsuit was the last I heard about it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Remind us, what happened with the job? Were you not supposed to hear from them last week?
This one job has been dragging on forever. According to his assistant he will get to me tomorrow but my hopes are not up for the call nor the job. It’s exhausting to look for a job.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This one job has been dragging on forever. According to his assistant he will get to me tomorrow but my hopes are not up for the call nor the job. It’s exhausting to look for a job.
Ah bummer! Still have my fingers crossed for a positive surprise.

*note to self: do not ride with CBJ in the near future, he has too much time to ride on his hands* ;)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Heading into the hills to work over the Banshee on some singletrack. Looking to do some bushwhacking and trail riding. There may be a 1000ft vert hike a bike to start the day off.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ah bummer! Still have my fingers crossed for a positive surprise.

*note to self: do not ride with CBJ in the near future, he has too much time to ride on his hands* ;)
I only took a day off riding because my left leg was hurting. Speed still suffering a little from my recent cold but should be back soon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wait you peeps live on the edge and take the trash out on the day it gets picked up?

Frig, everybody and their brother puts it out to the curb the night before pickup around here. Actually, that's what the town tells us to do.
I live in a cul-de-sac. There's one spot where we all drag our garbage to. One guy always brings his trash/recycling/compost and dumps them in other people's bins so he doesn't have to bring his shit back in the next day. drives my wife absolutely batty! so I have to wait till said neighbour has left for the day before bringing our bins out. it happens every once in a while that I miss the truck...

Holiday here, constitution day. So not getting much done, maybe a ride later today?
constitution day... is that like when everyone takes a huge dump on the same day?!?! :D

/me: I started my day off great. my boys have a pd day today, so I took the younger one for a mountain bike ride. he's such a great rider, so natural on the bike. it was fun.

But when I got home I wanted to bring the eldest to get some gear for his summertime activities. As with everything, it became a fucking battle. Jesus christ on a crutch, I don't understand why every interaction I have with him is a fucking struggle. it's fucking madness. so I gave up, and I'm now at the office. and
:stupid: