Quantcast

<~•~>Mountain Climbing Monday<~•~>

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>But when I got home I wanted to bring the eldest to get some gear for his summertime activities. As with everything, it became a fucking battle. Jesus christ on a crutch, I don't understand why every interaction I have with him is a fucking struggle. it's fucking madness. so I gave up, and I'm now at the office.
You must be new to child-rearing?

:D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Interview scheduled with a new company for Thursday, not sure confident that I'll get it, but the pay range is 142%-178% of my current salary, and every other friday off. I could live with that, even if it does mean leaving my current company in a lurch.

Now, to write up an NCR because the current company is on a cost reduction tear and as it turns out, cheap ass machine shops are ass, print shoes a +0.000/-0.002" tolerance, they delivered parts at +.01", goddamnit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
That should also result in a SCAR
In a properly managed company with at least some form of QA/QC program, yes, yes it would. I'll just be happy if anybody looks at my NCR and inspects the rest of the batch.

Actually, in a properly structured company with some form of QA/QC program this vendor never would have recieved a PO. They also mad a batch of parts out of hardened D2 tool steel when the print called for 17-4 Condition N because "it's basically the same material". This is what happens when you simultaneously embrace outsourcing and move the manufacturing arm of the company to a shithole.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
all old floors out. subfloor in in areas where it flooded and they took it down to the slab. 30% of new floors laid out in front part of house. hopefully they'll get all the new floor in tomorrow and just have trimwork left. i also have a feeling i'm going to get tasked with repainting the den and laundry room. hrrrrmf.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
all old floors out. subfloor in in areas where it flooded and they took it down to the slab. 30% of new floors laid out in front part of house. hopefully they'll get all the new floor in tomorrow and just have trimwork left. i also have a feeling i'm going to get tasked with repainting the den and laundry room. hrrrrmf.
Buy a home they said.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had an adventure of a ride today that was a mixture of fun and suffering. I punched a tree on accident but didnt break anything.

On the way home I punched a deer that ran out in front of me. There was oncoming traffic and no shoulder. The deer flew in front of the oncoming car and ended up in the ditch. I had locked my brakes up but still hit it pretty hard. It was laying in the ditch paralyzed with blood coming out of his mouth. I put it out of its misery and reported it to the state patrol.

Luckily my vehicle doesnt appear to be damaged and my air bags didnt go off. It was a bummer.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Had an adventure of a ride today that was a mixture of fun and suffering. I punched a tree on accident but didnt break anything.

On the way home I punched a deer that ran out in front of me. There was oncoming traffic and no shoulder. The deer flew in front of the oncoming car and ended up in the ditch. I had locked my breaks up but still hit it pretty hard. It was laying in the ditch paralyzed with blood coming out of his mouth. I put it out of its misery and reported it to the state patrol.

Luckily my vehicle doesnt appear to be damaged and my air bags didnt go off. It was a bummer.
Didn't take it home and dress it out?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was just looking at deer depredation permits earlier today. Fucking hooved rats.
It was painful not throwing it in my truck. I dont know the rules for taking road kill home. I was even a little concerned about shooting it in the head. Maybe the law will get back to me after I reported it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It was painful not throwing it in my truck. I dont know the rules for taking road kill home. I was even a little concerned about shooting it in the head. Maybe the law will get back to me after I reported it.
you're on the east side

conSernd citisssinz uv wildLIFE liberation and justiss in the 9th home are on the other side of a whole mountain range

Other than winthrop, which is an honorary west side community™.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
you're on the east side

conSernd citisssinz uv wildLIFE liberation and justiss in the 9th home are on the other side of a whole mountain range
Haha - people get busted for doing stupid stuff with dead animals around here. The only people who can take animals whenever they want are the natives.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haha - people get busted for doing stupid stuff with dead animals around here. The only people who can take animals whenever they want are the natives.

Actually fine in most places. Have to do a little paperwork here.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Next time remember, you’re reporting a dead deer that looks like maybe somebody euthanized it, but you’re not certain, and you definitely didn’t do it.

One could never get away with that here, kinda sucks as we actually have a pretty healthy deer populations and an even healthier car population so I’ve seen plenty laying on the side of the road suffering. It takes forever for CHP to come out and then call animal control who has to call the local PD to then find the one guy on duty willing to take the shot. By the time it’s too late.

Saw a Ferrari nearly clip one Saturday on my way home from swim class, that woulda been a weird way to teach the youngin about the circle of life.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
what part of 'shoot, shovel, and shut up' are you not getting?

In all seriousness, roadkill has different rules. Even here in the people's greatest white totally diverse capitalist environmentalist hellscape utopia of california.
Dude I'm talking about it on the internets! It was a tasty looking animal. It was 90 degrees today though and I would have had to hang it from a tree in my yard. I'd like to be in a position to get after it though.