Quantcast

<~•~>Sleeepy Sunday<~•~>

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

nephews weekend scout trip was cut short.

scout master died of a heart attack while rafting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Family pictures day. Hannah had her first soccer game yesterday. She scored the first goal and her team won by something like 9-1. She's all about it now and ready to keep charging with soccer.

Haley still had her race suit on when she and I got to the soccer game because we came straight from the track and were going back afterwards. One of the dads asked her where she was racing, so she told him about the new track. Turns out he just bought a kart for his 6y/o. Both of us were like 'cool, a kid kart. If you need help, we have multiple friends running those motors'. Nope, turns out somebody sold him a kart for 8-12y/o kids, in the same class Haley was in last year. The guy that sold it is a douchebag and we're not surprised. The kid's parents are divorced, but both were at the game. Wifey made friends with the mom early on so she was standing near us and our reaction about the kart type, class, and his comment about driving around the neighborhood (Haley "they aren't street-legal or safe to drive on the street") made an impact, because she had pulled him aside and was lighting him up when we left.

Unfortunately it's been a rough weekend for unplanned out of pocket expenses. While we were out Friday evening our 4-bike rack fell off the wall and landed on the front of my car. It left multiple substantial dents and to-the-metal gouges across the hood and quarter panels. Haley also hit somebody at the track and bent her kart yesterday. Sibling 2 of 3 that she has hit, both times bending her kart, and this time also taking out the steering column and tie rod. The kart will now have spent the last 2mos at the shop after leaving the track getting something fixed. I need to find a business to sponsor her...

With the car, Wifey finally accepted that I will not be using my side of the garage for a car at this point, so I will be moving the storage unit over to my side and setting up the bikes to hang independently on her side. So over the winter I will be reorganizing the garage to have a pretty substantial built-in garage storage unit instead of the scattered pieces all around how it is right now. Never-ending projects.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Hello there. Last few days have been busy. Madelyn is invited to her first sleep over next weekend. Considering she seems to wake up every night with bad dreams, not sure how well that is going to go. Although the house is very close family friend and I assume she'll be sleeping with them before the nights over.

Went to a reenactment thingy yesterday. Last time I was there, I was a kid. Maddie loved it, Isla is 1 and could give a shit. Had some great fire cooked food though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Here. Family pictures day. Hannah had her first soccer game yesterday. She scored the first goal and her team won by something like 9-1. She's all about it now and ready to keep charging with soccer.

Haley still had her race suit on when she and I got to the soccer game because we came straight from the track and were going back afterwards. One of the dads asked her where she was racing, so she told him about the new track. Turns out he just bought a kart for his 6y/o. Both of us were like 'cool, a kid kart. If you need help, we have multiple friends running those motors'. Nope, turns out somebody sold him a kart for 8-12y/o kids, in the same class Haley was in last year. The guy that sold it is a douchebag and we're not surprised. The kid's parents are divorced, but both were at the game. Wifey made friends with the mom early on so she was standing near us and our reaction about the kart type, class, and his comment about driving around the neighborhood (Haley "they aren't street-legal or safe to drive on the street") made an impact, because she had pulled him aside and was lighting him up when we left.

Unfortunately it's been a rough weekend for unplanned out of pocket expenses. While we were out Friday evening our 4-bike rack fell off the wall and landed on the front of my car. It left multiple substantial dents and to-the-metal gouges across the hood and quarter panels. Haley also hit somebody at the track and bent her kart yesterday. Sibling 2 of 3 that she has hit, both times bending her kart, and this time also taking out the steering column and tie rod. The kart will now have spent the last 2mos at the shop after leaving the track getting something fixed. I need to find a business to sponsor her...

With the car, Wifey finally accepted that I will not be using my side of the garage for a car at this point, so I will be moving the storage unit over to my side and setting up the bikes to hang independently on her side. So over the winter I will be reorganizing the garage to have a pretty substantial built-in garage storage unit instead of the scattered pieces all around how it is right now. Never-ending projects.
Lol, it’s awesome that your daughter drives hard enough to bend her kart. Dayum ! But yeah, you need to find her a sponsor with deep pockets.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Start keeping tabs of all the repair costs all her shitty driving is racking up. Ask her if she wants to start paying for it.

:homer:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Stupid post of the year or maybe century.
We sold our 14 Outback 2 years ago as it was a steaming bucket of fuck. (Ok, never left us stranded, just cost a few thousand a year to keep moving/stopping).
Mrs is not a fan of the CRV, I’m not crazy about it either. She wants another Outback. Probably a 19 or 20 would be in our range. How stupid are we on a scale of. . . RFKjr to Neil Tyson?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We sold our 14 Outback 2 years ago as it was a steaming bucket of fuck. (Ok, never left us stranded, just cost a few thousand a year to keep moving/stopping).
Mrs is not a fan of the CRV, I’m not crazy about it either. She wants another Outback. Probably a 19 or 20 would be in our range. How stupid are we on a scale of. . . RFKjr to Neil Tyson?
The new Outbacks are quite nice. We have a 2018. Our prior one was a 15, and there is a notable improvement in quality.

Also, Costco offers quite a nice discount on Subarus.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got plugs, wires, and coils for the truck and will be doing a ghetto tune-up today. At least it isn't as hot as they were anticipating.

@stoney get her some bumpers and let her smash shit up.

Voodoo_Kid_Commercial2.1.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
mission log 9824

I have constructed a couch cushion fort in the living room, doubt the GF even knows I am here. I have provisions for the day possibly into the night but will have to be stealthy for trips to the bathroom.

take no prisoners
I assume you have night vision goggles in your kit. Good luck and may the force be with you.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I test drove a CRV after a 70 mph deer destroyed my Element. Went with a Rav4 because it drove more like a small truck than a car.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's true! Subaru made healthcare expensive, opened the borders to Mexican gangs, is antisemitic, holds down hard working upper class white men, destroyed pronouns, and promotes round earth theory. You're just being fed liberal propaganda by effeminate liberal college professors who give kids the gay. Wake up sheeple!
It's the unwillingness to let it go.

❄let it go let it go!❄

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
It's true! Subaru made healthcare expensive, opened the borders to Mexican gangs, is antisemitic, holds down hard working upper class white men, destroyed pronouns, and promotes round earth theory. You're just being fed liberal propaganda by effeminate liberal college professors who give kids the gay. Wake up sheeple!
We need the rep system back. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Start keeping tabs of all the repair costs all her shitty driving is racking up. Ask her if she wants to start paying for it.

:homer:
Sadly, this wasn't her fault. She was positioning to pass him and he spun. She had nowhere to go and just clobbered him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You need to work on your grammatical errors.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Interesting Subaru info. I’ve got a few friends with them who seem fairly satisfied. One has owned a couple consecutively. Another friend in the PNW bought a used on from a friend and seems happy with it despite it being 10 years old.

In other irresponsible and expensive news, I might have ordered another bass. Seriously. It’s time to start clearing out some of the collection.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you should lease an EV. everyone should lease an EV. and use a Washlet

/me went on a walk while kid 1 had her violin lesson. kids 1 and 2 are not electing to go mountain biking with me this afternoon. I might just spin around home on my single speed instead and make money moonlighting