Quantcast

<~•~>Sleeepy Sunday<~•~>

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thick smoke and unhealthy air, blocking out the sunlight. Looks like some offshore winds are blowing in that should clear things out. Will probably stick to a local road ride as the air is really bad up in the hills.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Got out for an easy five mile run early this morning and then did some MTB jibbing with Wife and Splat. 11 miles on technical, hilly trails. I'm pooped.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took my youngest and a younger neighbor to get bubble tea and stopped at the park on the way home. While my son is old enough to come here on his own, the neighbor isn't. I'm so done with "taking the kids to the park"... Not in the mood to sit around making small talk with other parents...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi.
Show last night was a blast, Rancid’s set was pretty good but man, the years have been rough on those guys. Pumpkins sounded amazing. I first saw them when Gish was released, maybe 5-6 times since. Really strong set list of #1 songs plus random b sides. Green Day was shockingly good. They played Dookie and American Idiot in entirely, plus a shit ton of other songs.
Great ride this morning, now packing for work trip and having bbq ribs for dinner. Sunday Funday!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I rode a bike today. Not only did the chain stay on it didn’t break either!

Not impressed with the brakes on this thing, though. I have no experience with this brand (TRP) and there doesn’t appear to be any air in the lines, but they just don’t seem very powerful? Anyone here ever used TRP brakes and have some advice? Maybe it’s a set up thing, but there doesn’t appear to be much adjustment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I rode a bike today. Not only did the chain stay on it didn’t break either!

Not impressed with the brakes on this thing, though. I have no experience with this brand (TRP) and there doesn’t appear to be any air in the lines, but they just don’t seem very powerful? Anyone here ever used TRP brakes and have some advice? Maybe it’s a set up thing, but there doesn’t appear to be much adjustment.
I run older Quadiums on my hardtail. I like them. You do need to run the metallic pads, for the newer models I believe you really want the Evo versions.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6th's brother from another mother...

I was working up to a million very climbed in a year, was hoping for 700k this year.

But now I'm moving somewhere where I get more vert going to my current mailbox than I can riding a metric, that plan is fucked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell it's hot. Got all the plugs done, coils swapped and new wires installed. Start it up and there is the awful ticking. WTF? Pull the wires, check all the plugs, put wires back on, everything is secured, same shit. Ok, drive to O'Reilly's and borrow a timing light. Half way there it stops. No ticking, at any RPM. No idea, but it seems fine now.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I was working up to a million very climbed in a year, was hoping for 700k this year.

But now I'm moving somewhere where I get more vert going to my current mailbox than I can riding a metric, that plan is fucked.
Step one: Buy/lease long but skinny field.

Step two: Sculpt a velodrome with 150 ft of vert.

Step three: Profit!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fuck it took 3 hours to remove a bunch of broken fire extinguisher mounts and install replacements that are much beefier. of course the holes don't match up so much drilling was involved. plus none of the cars had mounts in the first place so more drilling was involved. I'll bet my useful idiots will break these too within a few weeks. 100 out so beer nd home gym will be it for the rest of the day,

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hi.
Show last night was a blast, Rancid’s set was pretty good but man, the years have been rough on those guys. Pumpkins sounded amazing. I first saw them when Gish was released, maybe 5-6 times since. Really strong set list of #1 songs plus random b sides. Green Day was shockingly good. They played Dookie and American Idiot in entirely, plus a shit ton of other songs.
Great ride this morning, now packing for work trip and having bbq ribs for dinner. Sunday Funday!
That show is coming to Providence Park and I'm tempted to go. I haven't been to a Green Day show since like '94? :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
People have been viewing our house for the last 50 minutes. Either buy it or leave please, I want to go home and shower/unpack from a weekend away.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Anyone here ever used TRP brakes and have some advice? Maybe it’s a set up thing, but there doesn’t appear to be much adjustment.
I have had Dhr Evos and found them to be awesome. Second best brakes I’ve tried, easy to bleed, not the most adjustable of levers but I was a big fan.