Quantcast

<<<<•>>>>Tacos, you know what to do. <<<<•>>>>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was not supposed to see Hilarie for two weeks after she entered care, which would have ended today. Sunday towards the end of my ride I stopped at a local place for ice cream and one of our nurses walked in with Hilarie. We hugged and sat together but she was a total wreck.

Our current plan is to have her live at home maybe Mondays-Thursdays so I have weekends free to do other stuff, travel, whatever. If I travel for longer, she stays at the residence while I'm away. We're going to adjust until something works.
I can't imagine.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had a dream about my marble countertop was broken in half due to incorrect installation. Which woke me up at 3am. Then there was this sound coming from some broken tiles on neighbouring house so I ended up falling asleep on the couch eventually 5am. Sinking into the couch with the beer heading to bed early.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Morning Monkeys.

Mmm, tacos. So check it out, my fake shoes came yesterday and they are pretty damn nice. They are pretty true to form and the fit is great. The box was an epic fail, though. It's tiny first of all, like barely big enough for my 13's. The color and logos are correct, but it's flip top not two piece. It's plain paper, not the "cement" paper and the label is all wrong. It had a flyer in the box and a "verified authentic" tag that might be StockX? But they are clearly not authentic. :rofl:

View attachment 192295
Where did you get the fake ones at?
Those jokers were impossible to get when they dropped, then immediately doubled in price.
Resellers have ruined the whole scene.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Where did you get the fake ones at?
Those jokers were impossible to get when they dropped, then immediately doubled in price.
Resellers have ruined the whole scene.
They popped up on DHgate of all places. They were $70ish with shipping and came in less than 2 weeks. The box was put in a bag and shipped. These aren't the "top tier" ones but those are $100-$180. I'm really happy for $70, they feel great.

They only made 50k pair. A general release is 500k+.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
First ride with the Cascade link installed. While the difference in how the bike rides is noticeable, it's not revolutionary or night-and-day like some internet reports would have one believe. The rear end is softer off the top, it feels more active with better bump absorption and traction. And it does ramp up nicely. I didn't notice a ton of geometry change, maybe because I've been running the back end with more sag so the BB was already lower and HTA a little slacker than normal. I did notice that the fore/aft "sweet spot" was a little more forgiving, which I appreciate. It's still the same bike, but maybe just a bit more better on the descent. No noticeable change when climbing. The big thing now is, the rear suspension feels really good and I want the fork to feel better.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
They popped up on DHgate of all places. They were $70ish with shipping and came in less than 2 weeks. The box was put in a bag and shipped. These aren't the "top tier" ones but those are $100-$180. I'm really happy for $70, they feel great.

They only made 50k pair. A general release is 500k+.
Man, I saw the video showing the differences between the two, and it was barely anything to it.
You did good.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My new prescription eyeglasses showed up at Costco. Went in, put them on and I was stunned at how clear and vivid everything was. My old glasses photochromatic lenses had yellowed and the prescription was off. I am enjoying reading again and walking around looking at things . Progressive and Photochromatic. Yeah they aren't hip but I'm an old fuck and I don't give a damn.

glasses.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
yo @AngryMetalsmith this yo hood? :rofl:

So much going on in that clip. Never mind how he got up there for a second. Why does the dude watering his yard decide to start spraying towards the broken power line ? And the white car behind the hanger appears to be riddled with bullet holes. What is so damn important in the trunk ?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My new prescription eyeglasses showed up at Costco. Went in, put them on and I was stunned at how clear and vivid everything was. My old glasses photochromatic lenses had yellowed and the prescription was off. I am enjoying reading again and walking around looking at things . Progressive and Photochromatic. Yeah they aren't hip but I'm an old fuck and I don't give a damn.

View attachment 192333
I see what you did there.