Quantcast

<•> Tuesday <•>

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good morning all. Still feeling a bit under the weather. At work anyways because 'merica. Actually if I work a little bit today, I can get results two weeks earlier and I don't feel that bad, so meh.

Still taking suggestions on color for my spooky project bike. Starting to lean toward bassboat/metalflake green or blue.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wifey is going to audit a dressage clinic down in Paso Robles this weekend and is taking the camper. She asked me if i want to go. I said no, I plan to go play this weekend. I'd rather get my fingernail pulled than sit there watching people get lessons on dressage riding ( and no I'm not stupid enough to say that out loud in front of her).

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good morning all. Still feeling a bit under the weather. At work anyways because 'merica. Actually if I work a little bit today, I can get results two weeks earlier and I don't feel that bad, so meh.

Still taking suggestions on color for my spooky project bike. Starting to lean toward bassboat/metalflake green or blue.
I’d go two tone, vomit green fading to peaked in high school pink. Some real nice 80s vibes.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, sunshine! I rolled my lard ass to the high school track and got a 5 mile run done before the sun came up. Cold, windy, and raining. Unpleasant but I got it done.

I had an 8:00 appointment for a blood draw at Quest. The waiting room was packed and everyone was being a bitchy, whiney cunt. I just kept my head down and grinded through. Yes, I got to go in before a bunch of people who got there before me, but that is what happens when you schedule an appointment vs dropping in.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I vote for sparkly, metal flake purple.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like traveling by train.
Just last the wife brought up the idea of a train to a ball game. An old employer did that as a team once. We met at the office, pooled to the train, went to Seattle and caught a mid day game and came home. It's actually a pretty slick up and back. So we are trying to plan a trip early next season and take Lil Man with us. Should be fun.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Drinking coffee and working from home at the moment. Mostly drinking coffee, though.

There's a 2016 Giant XTC Advanced 29 carbon frame locally on Craigslist that is intriguing me, although I definitely don't need to build up another hardtail....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just last the wife brought up the idea of a train to a ball game. An old employer did that as a team once. We met at the office, pooled to the train, went to Seattle and caught a mid day game and came home. It's actually a pretty slick up and back. So we are trying to plan a trip early next season and take Lil Man with us. Should be fun.
when we lived in NJ my wife and i would frequently take the light rail into the city. was cheaper than parking and way less hassle.

when i lived in RI i took an amtrak express from there to Philly for a holiday once, easter IIRC. time was maybe slightly longer, but not having to deal with traffic in the CT / NY / NJ was worth it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Oh fuck yes, bass boat green with gold wheels and other bits. Love me some 90s OG Pimp colors. Do it !

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
throat started to scratch and nose started to run yesterday evening. still have it today, but it's not a full-blown cold. not sick enough to not work I guess. what are you gonna do?!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
when we lived in NJ my wife and i would frequently take the light rail into the city. was cheaper than parking and way less hassle.

when i lived in RI i took an amtrak express from there to Philly for a holiday once, easter IIRC. time was maybe slightly longer, but not having to deal with traffic in the CT / NY / NJ was worth it.
One big issue with where we live now is lack of mass transit. When I lived in Beaverton, I took MAX into Portland a lot to avoid parking and traffic. Hell, my office is on the MAX line with a stop across the street.

There is a bus that goes downtown, but they are talking about killing that because it sounds like nobody has been riding it since COVID. I could ride the bus downtown then take the MAX to Beaverton, but that is just silly.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@canadmos you get your lady flower cut before frost took her out?

Work schedule for October never really materialized. Spent the day yesterday with my thumb up my butt. Got ahold of a contractor who is looking for some day labor framing a house... I'll take it! Next week though.

On deck for today is some pick axe work on a trail called Iron Fist. The local non-profit auctioned off a tour of my trails and that tour happened two days ago. When we got to the Iron Fist section, well, I guess I haven't ridden it in a while. Had to get the well-to-do's off their bikes and walk through it. Trail really needs cleaned out and re-benched. Wish it was dirt but it's not. Long pants and safety glasses here we come!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@canadmos you get your lady flower cut before frost took her out?

Work schedule for October never really materialized. Spent the day yesterday with my thumb up my butt. Got ahold of a contractor who is looking for some day labor framing a house... I'll take it! Next week though.

On deck for today is some pick axe work on a trail called Iron Fist. The local non-profit auctioned off a tour of my trails and that tour happened two days ago. When we got to the Iron Fist section, well, I guess I haven't ridden it in a while. Had to get the well-to-do's off their bikes and walk through it. Trail really needs cleaned out and re-benched. Wish it was dirt but it's not. Long pants and safety glasses here we come!
I didn't.. do you think that'll do anything to them? They seem to be okay - but were due to be chopped down anyways. Going to do that today or tomorrow and start the drying.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I didn't.. do you think that'll do anything to them? They seem to be okay - but were due to be chopped down anyways. Going to do that today or tomorrow and start the drying.
A mild frost probably wont hurt them but a legit killing frost will end those plants and they'll start rotting!

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I have a conference call scheduled for 9am. I am ignoring it.

ETA: My home office chair just broke. I should probably just go for a ride and drink a beer afterwards.

Last edited: