Quantcast

‰ ‰ ‰ ‰ not-quite Monday GMT ‰ ‰ ‰ ‰

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Spent a good deal of time yesterday rebuilding a platform for the basement stairs. My body sure feels it. I shall hopefully put the finishing touches on that today so I can move onto the next platform, then the stairs.

I'm annoyed that no matter what I do, I'll never be able to make it all comply with today's building code. Guess it's a good thing things were different back when this was all permitted and done.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last day with our exchange student here. Holy heck am i exhausted. They're schedule has been relentless. Yesterday was ski practice in the morning. A hot lunch at the club, drive an hour for a forest skate, 1 hour at home for dinner, then laser tag. Today is fat bike in the am, snow shoe, canal skate then final banquet. I don't know how soccer (or hockey) moms do it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Made it home from a snowy Cortland gymnastics meet. Syd had a good meet and won overall (as well as vault and floor with 2nd on Bars after she swan dove off the high bar). Alex got 2nd overall after a win on bars and second on vault and beam and 3rd on floor. Single digits here and this nagging cold = me not doing much today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last day with our exchange student here. Holy heck am i exhausted. They're schedule has been relentless. Yesterday was ski practice in the morning. A hot lunch at the club, drive an hour for a forest skate, 1 hour at home for dinner, then laser tag. Today is fat bike in the am, snow shoe, canal skate then final banquet. I don't know how soccer (or hockey) moms do it.
Meth

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I need my garage back, so Haley will be helping me with that. I need to get MIL1's laptop setup today. $600 Costco HP that will be more that enough for her.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
herro

doing some organizing/throwing some shit out. cold AF here and my son has a cold, so we're pretty much just hanging out inside. New frame is almost done, needs some fine tuning and the mfugging rear brake internally routed. shouldn't be much of a challenge but will probably require a bleed to feel right on the other side. gotta order a brake adapter and some shock hardware

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ah. Have fun with your algae.
this one was my fault. I was seeing how long a chlorine cartridge would last based off of using test strips

I found out the end of that

I was due to drain and refill in a month or so anyway so not a huge deal, plus I cleared out some ice on the driveway to boot :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this one was my fault. I was seeing how long a chlorine cartridge would last based off of using test strips

I found out the end of that

I was due to drain and refill in a month or so anyway so not a huge deal, plus I cleared out some ice on the driveway to boot :D

How long do your carts last?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a debacle getting home last night. Almost missed the last subway train and then when I got to end of the line, of course the next bus going north wasn't going to be for another 40 minutes. As it was -20 or some crap I just ended up taking a $50 uber....

Ain't nobody got time for this! :rofl:

Ended up getting home at almost 4am and I don't think I actually fell asleep. Time for a nap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oof. I usually get 8-9 months.
whoa

so far both of these re-fills have been due to me being stupid and letting the chlorine (or dichlor in this case) run out

but with the submersible pump it's really quite trivial.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It rained all day and then it got dark. Maybe it will be slippery out later. Maybe I'll go find out!

Tom Turkey crawled deep into the blackberry bramble after the neighbors dog assaulted him. He finally came out today so I went to the store and brought home a couple melons to cut up. The birds approved of fresh melon. Tom is limping a bunch and only has one tail feather left. They don't seem to care about the blood stain the dog left in the snow.

Neighbor basically said that he expected the day to come where his mutt got out and ran over here and I would end the dogs life. I am not impressed. Dog executioner is pretty low on my list of things in life I enjoy.

He did at least plow out the driveway after my backhoe blew a hydaulic hose.