Quantcast

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ Thursday up early …ç…………

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still waking up at 5am. So I am in the office early. Had a good bike ride last night. I had some surprising strava improvements. I don't chase times but just and indication I rode a good pace both using the bike better and allergies not effecting me too much. Been trying to use the brakes less and lean the bike more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi Claus

still the vestiges of Wednesday night here

trying to wind down the brain. Got lots of errands and the like on the docket tomorrow. Will try to do many of them via e-bike so as to get some air and exercise while at it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up at 5 for no particular reason. I suppose I shall drink coffee and read until it is time to pick up the laptop. At least my Friday, hooray 4-day weekend!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

At work, feeling woooped.

Someone has left their coffee cup under the coffee dispenser. I'm about to yeet that thing into the trash.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
nothing beats walking into the kitchen and finding a huge pile off runny dog poop at 5am. Well ok just about everything beats it. :o

Espresso then off to work. On the Fatmobile today one bariatric wheelchair and one Bariatric Gurney. Dam you Kaiser. thankfully we have a power lift gurney.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Johnny on the Spot! LMFAO! I dragged my tired bones to the pool before work and swam 2400 yards. I'll fit a run into this WFH day at some point, most likely after the a/c repair guy comes and goes. Right now I am hungry...I was up at 5:00 and have not eaten anything yet. I should tend to that.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. Was doing a little trip planning with Mrs. Dirtrider last night and seems we may try and research/plan a trip to Mont-Sainte-Anne this year to ride and catch last WC race…Any fellow monkeys been to MSA? What’s typical weather late September/early October? Never been to that section of Canada.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bad sleep Tuesday night, bad day at work yesterday, tough ride to wear myself out and hopefully get a full nights sleep last night.

DSO decides to bark at wildlife at 1:30AM.

I feel like I owe a million bucks this morning.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So wife has something called superior canal dehiscence syndrome (SCDS), aka she can't hear for shit. I am sure you Toshi and scrublover types know what this is....something about her ear canals being fucked, but repairable by a neurosurgeon. I am sure those guys aren't booked too far out....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH day. I logged in not expecting much and notice all the system information is apparently missing from the web interface. That used to work, it was the command line that was broken. Now the command line is fine, but webs has shat the bed it seems. Not feeling great about releasing this tomorrow at this point. :panic:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hung with buddies last night to chill with one before he moves on friday. :dead: this morning. meetings at work. planning to go to rock creek tomorrow which would be cool.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I might not be sick anymore. A few lingering sniffles and coughs but I think I’m back to whatever condition my condition was in before this thing hit me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
TMI, but I have to laugh. Wifey got healthier food for me to have for breakfast, but it's had some uh... rough reactions with my stomach. I dropped a deuce in the downstairs bathroom about 5min ago. The odor just made it through the vents into the bedroom upstairs, on the other side of the house. She almost woke up Hannah with the yelling. :rofl: :rofl:

Also dropped off the kart earlier with a friend who has the fastest kid in MiniMax locally. He, Seb, and Haley will be doing a focused day tomorrow. He said she'll probably do 100+ laps (which is a lot) with data comparisons between all three of them. He wants it so that Isaac has other kids to drive with, but also to make the class faster.

She's also practicing with the team on Saturday. It's going to be a long two days for her.

Haley ordered a cool new shirt today.

"It's Senna; you can tell by the helmet. If you can't, you shouldn't be allowed to race."

Wicked take by an 11 year old, on a racer who died when I was 13.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
ok so here was the scenario

I was traveling north on I5 just south of the hwy 58 exit when I saw a plume of dust in the passenger mirror, as I looked closer I saw a old junked surplus cop car passing on the shoulder about half a mile back. I then looked in the driver mirror and seen at least a dozen cop cars rounding the bend in full code. As I was starting to prep to lane change and get out of the way I saw a plain clothes officer get out of an unmarked escalade near the next exit and he had pulled a set of stop sticks out of the back of the rig. The suspect was coming up on my right and could see the plain clothes officer getting ready to deploy the stick when I started to move over to get the suspect vehicle into the shoulder for a better tire strike. The cop threw the sticks out so far I thought I was going to get a flat on the trailer. The suspect hit all fours on the sticks and came off the shoulder and was sideways in the grass before he recovered and as he was getting back on the asphalt the slew of cops came around me on the other side and pinned him into the guardrails and all the guns came out.

Some of those cops looked like they were amped on pre-workout and had mouthguards in ready for a fight. The plain clothes ran up to my window and said thanks and said we got it from here. I floored it out of there when I saw the weapons posturing to rifles.

not one single thing in the news or web about it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ok so here was the scenario

I was traveling north on I5 just south of the hwy 58 exit when I saw a plume of dust in the passenger mirror, as I looked closer I saw a old junked surplus cop car passing on the shoulder about half a mile back. I then looked in the driver mirror and seen at least a dozen cop cars rounding the bend in full code. As I was starting to prep to lane change and get out of the way I saw a plain clothes officer get out of an unmarked escalade near the next exit and he had pulled a set of stop sticks out of the back of the rig. The suspect was coming up on my right and could see the plain clothes officer getting ready to deploy the stick when I started to move over to get the suspect vehicle into the shoulder for a better tire strike. The cop threw the sticks out so far I thought I was going to get a flat on the trailer. The suspect hit all fours on the sticks and came off the shoulder and was sideways in the grass before he recovered and as he was getting back on the asphalt the slew of cops came around me on the other side and pinned him into the guardrails and all the guns came out.

Some of those cops looked like they were amped on pre-workout and had mouthguards in ready for a fight. The plain clothes ran up to my window and said thanks and said we got it from here. I floored it out of there when I saw the weapons posturing to rifles.

not one single thing in the news or web about it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
, but I have to laugh. Wifey got healthier food for me to have for breakfast, but it's had some uh... rough reactions with my stomach. I dropped a deuce in the downstairs bathroom about 5min ago. The odor just made it through the vents into the bedroom upstairs, on the other side of the house. She almost woke up Hannah with the yelling. :rofl: :rofl:
IMG_2784.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mr Landlord came out when I finished grilling and confronted me. I felt intimidated. He gave me $100bill for fixing my friend Lynns stairs and shared a beer with me and was cool. I heard he was a dick. I gave him a chicken thigh. He gobbled it down in 2 seconds. I signed onto fix the bulkhead and the squirrel holes and jacking up the back porch. I gave him a list. My brother doesn't know it yet. But he will be helping me out. Haha.