Quantcast

₩₽¥ Saturday ¥₽₩

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's because dads just let kids go full-feral while wives are gone. Good for the kids *and* good for dad.
Complete opposite here. I'm the laundry/dishwashing/cleaning/food shopping one, so it's undoing a weeks worth of mayhem while watching them.

Case in point, she let them pop confetti filled balloons from her sister's baby shower last weekend, and left them all over the house.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Complete opposite here. I'm the laundry/dishwashing/cleaning/food shopping one, so it's undoing a weeks worth of mayhem while watching them.

Case in point, she let them pop confetti filled balloons from her sister's baby shower last weekend, and left them all over the house.
That's grounds for changing the locks when she's away. The boys don't need that kind of energy in their lives.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept 9+ hours last night WIN. Had to pop into the office for ten minutes then go do a transport on my way home. Fried egg sandwich with lettuce tomato and mayo and a cup of espresso for breakfast , off to do some yard work before the next band of rain hits.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's a few vehicles out on this side of the lake now. Must have been fun getting them out there, as there's a good half foot to foot of loose powder ontop of the ice, depending where you step. I saw at least one white hyundia elantra looking thing. Good luck, I don't think Matt's offroad recovery will travel this far. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got my January gas bill this AM, anybody want to buy a kidney?

Never had a gas bill over $100, this one was $450, WTF. Time to buy some electric heaters
Way over $500 for me, never had one over $320-ish before. My electricity bill is also the highest in Winter, ever. Massachusetts residents are fucked, our electricity is like 90% natural gas produced and we import almost all NG from overseas because fucking Jones act from 1917.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
received_562869229128168.jpeg

Sick at night, didn't sleep well and didn't ride because I felt like shit for it all. But I did get to the garage and make that an actual riding thing now. Still some details to sort obvs.

Nice and light altogether, though. By my standards, anyway.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Heat pumps use way less electricity than electric heaters.
I keep seeing the term, but will admit I have no idea WTF a heat pump even is, maybe have to deploy google.

Mote than likely would never save enough on power to justify the cost, my heater doesn’t run all that much, and my electricity is cheap as hell as long as the suns out. Made almost a megawatt in the last 30 days.

An electric water heater is probably worth looking into as well for me, laundry, dishes, showers, that’s a lot of water that needs to be heated up. Wouldn’t mind ditching the giant tank in the garage and getting some more cabinet space either.

Way over $500 for me, never had one over $320-ish before. My electricity bill is also the highest in Winter, ever. Massachusetts residents are fucked, our electricity is like 90% natural gas produced and we import almost all NG from overseas because fucking Jones act from 1917.

I always thought the US produced all our own NG, maybe bought a little from Canadaland, so Jones act didn’t really matter for NG prices.

I suspect this price surge was a “fuck you becuase we can” type of deal. Europe is fucked for NG because of a Russian asshole, but ours was never really shipped overseas anyway, and we don’t import so our prices are up because they want them to be up, not because of any real reasons. Same with gasoline here in Ca, the oil companies know that people will just blame LiBeRuLz so when crude goes up 5% gas goes up 40%, when crude goes down 10% gas goes up 20%, and nobody looks at preto company profits, they just get mad at the government

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Still tolerable here, $210 for propane last month, $200 for electricity. Helps that the town has its own electric utility, but that backfires not being eligible for the generous MassSave incentives.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby Aya woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed so her lesson happened as planned. Lines were absolutely ridiculous today. But got some skiing in with the wife nonetheless.

I keep seeing the term, but will admit I have no idea WTF a heat pump even is, maybe have to deploy google.

Mote than likely would never save enough on power to justify the cost, my heater doesn’t run all that much, and my electricity is cheap as hell as long as the suns out. Made almost a megawatt in the last 30 days.

An electric water heater is probably worth looking into as well for me, laundry, dishes, showers, that’s a lot of water that needs to be heated up. Wouldn’t mind ditching the giant tank in the garage and getting some more cabinet space either.

I always thought the US produced all our own NG, maybe bought a little from Canadaland, so Jones act didn’t really matter for NG prices.

I suspect this price surge was a “fuck you becuase we can” type of deal. Europe is fucked for NG because of a Russian asshole, but ours was never really shipped overseas anyway, and we don’t import so our prices are up because they want them to be up, not because of any real reasons. Same with gasoline here in Ca, the oil companies know that people will just blame LiBeRuLz so when crude goes up 5% gas goes up 40%, when crude goes down 10% gas goes up 20%, and nobody looks at preto company profits, they just get mad at the government
They also make hot water heaters with heat pumps.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How do I mount it onto my shingles? Because I need that. That is a 4"+ ice slab that's melted down over the last 2 weeks.
View attachment 188745
I picked up a 30ft one direct from these people it came with clips for the edge of shingles if I were using it for that.

Their price seemed good compared to anything else I could see. I need to get another section for some gutter that freezes, but I have zero idea where to power that section from...

No go on getting it down into the pipe, frozen not far underground, so I can't get it any worthwhile distance even after lots of boiling water going down there. Got to be about 8 ft of frozen section underground at the moment, based on where the freeze was ending last year and where it's frozen from at the moment...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I picked up a 30ft one direct from these people it came with clips for the edge of shingles if I were using it for that.

Their price seemed good compared to anything else I could see. I need to get another section for some gutter that freezes, but I have zero idea where to power that section from...

No go on getting it down into the pipe, frozen not far underground, so I can't get it any worthwhile distance even after lots of boiling water going down there. Got to be about 8 ft of frozen section underground at the moment, based on where the freeze was ending last year and where it's frozen from at the moment...
I used ice melt to get my pipes of open. Just started putting scoops onto the top and let it melt down. I know it's not the best option environmentally, but I didn't have many because that ice damn was 8" thick and getting worse.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Practice test passed. Barely. Calculating gift taxes on family owned businesses when you need to remember the tax rates for the last 10yrs is difficult. And for some reason I cannot for the life of me keep TIC, JTWROS, and TIE separated in my head. Look fwd to having a trust atty and CPA to work with who can sort that shit out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby Aya woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed so her lesson happened as planned. Lines were absolutely ridiculous today. But got some skiing in with the wife nonetheless.
Pioneer line for those familiar. Worst I’ve seen.

sun dog. And brrrrr crossing the Fraser Flats

2202819E-E59D-46C9-B205-D02D9E52F51A.jpeg
7C8C7516-C626-4CBC-9FD2-29D26CE8B4C4.jpeg
E328F413-6FC4-4F60-A2FD-D9B3BFAB79BD.jpeg
C5E6F0BF-7CD6-4757-A9CA-AF67EACE5ED1.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You know, you and the girls could be skiing way better terrain AND have shorter lines JUST on the other side at MJ.
Was with wife. Considered hoofing to Sunnyside but I am positive lines there would have been bad as well. We went to Pioneer since Olympia was very bad. That was a mistake.