Quantcast

€£¥$$$Christmas gmt$$$€£(○)(○)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Merry Christmas Monkeys!

Low key the wife and I agreed no presents, then I ordered a photo book of our wedding pictures that have been online for like 8 years, so that went over ok.

Imma go play free golf in the rain at my local goat track. Should be good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Howdy. Small child got a balance beam and floor mats, in addition to a lot of shit. Large child got a lot of shit, in addition to karting stuff, a bunch of cash, and an amazing hand embroidered hoody from her aunt. I'll post a pic of it later, but it's a stencil from a picture of her in her kart. The colors are right to her kart, suit, and helmet, and it even has the right number on it. Really fucking cool. The cash will be going towards her team race suit - because that's no difference than everybody kicking in $50 to the race suit if she opened a box with it inside.

Edit: here is the sweatshirt Haley's aunt made.
1000004102.jpg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woot, rode dirt and didn't have a heart attack. day 30 on thyroxin and Lipitor. I was going to tke it easy and stay on the flats but we all no how that goes when you know that at the top of one of the climbs there is a sweet single track descent. Anyhow I opted for the second longest but moderate climb in the park and amazingly enough I made it 90% of the way up before I had to get off and hike a bike the last 200'. Pics in the last bike ride thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woot, rode dirt and didn't have a heart attack. day 30 on thyroxin and Lipitor. I was going to tke it easy and stay on the flats but we all no how that goes when you know that at the top of one of the climbs there is a sweet single track descent. Anyhow I opted for the second longest but moderate climb in the park and amazingly enough I made it 90% of the way up before I had to get off and hike a bike the last 200'. Pics in the last bike ride thread
Are you trying to stay under a particular % of max heart rate? What’s the rationale?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Are you trying to stay under a particular % of max heart rate? What’s the rationale?
no just the fact that the doc said that right now I am at a high risk for stroke or heart attack until I get my cholesterol down and my fitness back up so I am keeping myself out of the max HR range , so basically trying to stay under 140 bpm. On that Climb I just ran out of gas. I was back to normal in less that 2 minutes after getting off the bike and walking. The last bit of the hill gets effing granny gear steep even when I was fit I would still be in low gears grinding it up. Damn happy with todays effort.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The green beans are incredible. The sesame beef is pretty good, the wings are great, the northern fried rice is meh but goes well with my beef. The wife got the zhen bang chicken and it's also pretty good. 7 of 10, parking isn't great (it's nw 21st).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the parents dog gave me a nice blanket for the reading/sleeping recliner.

it is quite warm.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

The green beans are incredible. The sesame beef is pretty good, the wings are great, the northern fried rice is meh but goes well with my beef. The wife got the zhen bang chicken and it's also pretty good. 7 of 10, parking isn't great (it's nw 21st).
Ate there on my last visit two springs back. Excellent!

But I enjoyed this place (Vietnamese) even more! Went back several times during my stay.