Quantcast

~€£]*\^€|€ f you Friday ~€{!!{£<¥

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. One client meeting this morning - only one all week and the first time I've turned my work computer on in 7 days. Then off to more "exploring with family" around Nashville.

Went to Broadway yesterday... that was a drunken clusterfuck of live music, excess makeup, clothes that were too small for the individual (both in circumference and square footage), and tiny dicks doing burnouts in brodozers on a busy street with drunkards everywhere. I'd prefer to not go back... Maybe to make Wifey happy (because she likes both live music and country), we could do day drinking (which I don't do), but holy shit that was a clusterfuck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
had a really fucking weird dream last night. a tick got itself into my forearm. and it got big. like the size of a marble. and was somehow buried under my skin, and when i squeezed my skin it would pop out like panic pete's eyes and you could see it moving. then i tried to cut it out and it popped out like the chest explosion scene from Alien but from my forearm and then someone smashed it with a hammer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
had a really fucking weird dream last night. a tick got itself into my forearm. and it got big. like the size of a marble. and was somehow buried under my skin, and when i squeezed my skin it would pop out like panic pete's eyes and you could see it moving. then i tried to cut it out and it popped out like the chest explosion scene from Alien but from my forearm and then someone smashed it with a hammer.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, I just don't find riding in 80F/90% humidity appealing. Instead, I mowed the lawn jungle last night. Super humid this morning and thunderstorms in the afternoon again so I don't think I'll be riding today either.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How it go there, Joe Public! During my travels around the new-to-me office building here, I happened upon a locker room and showers that are nicer than any gym I've been a member of. I definitely see some biking to work in my future! 20 miles each way. Speaking of road rides, I signed up for a charity century tomorrow that starts two miles from my house. 60% chance of heavy rain now. Ruh roh.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I work today. Doing fluoroscopy studies for a change of pace (usual dude is on vacation so the rest of us cover for a day or two).

Stress level is still high. On call this weekend, too. But then a hopefully lighter workweek than this unpleasant one and two weeks of vacation coming up.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
OK SO
company I work for now just went public
My direct report just put in her 2 weeks.
I am going to put in my 2 weeks in the afternoon.

Big day.
Had an awesome conversation with my direct report earlier before she made it official. I wanted to make sure that she spent a year here before she left so that she got her options. She said I was the best boss she's ever had, and told me that my manager (her skip level) said some terrible things to her, which she held from me. I feel a lot less bad about both of us quitting on the same day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
OK SO

Big day.
Had an awesome conversation with my direct report earlier before she made it official. I wanted to make sure that she spent a year here before she left so that she got her options. She said I was the best boss she's ever had, and told me that my manager (her skip level) said some terrible things to her, which she held from me. I feel a lot less bad about both of us quitting on the same day.
That will feel good.

I'm sure you did already, but make sure to tell her to not hold that stuff back. Thats how bad managers and douchebags continue on as if its okay to do so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OK SO

Big day.
will you still get to cash in on going public now that you've given notice?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
will you still get to cash in on going public now that you've given notice?
maybe? I have vested shares. I'd like to execute them and hold until I can sell. I can't execute online currently, so my intention is to put in my notice and square this away later. I will say that our stock is BOMBING, down 25% since it opened. I can make at most $25k before taxes... I don't want to leave that on the table, but if they steal it from me somehow I won't cry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
maybe? I have vested shares. I'd like to execute them and hold until I can sell. I can't execute online currently, so my intention is to put in my notice and square this away later. I will say that our stock is BOMBING, down 25% since it opened. I can make at most $25k before taxes... I don't want to leave that on the table, but if they steal it from me somehow I won't cry.
was it through an ESPP/ESPO or something? wait, couldn't have been ESPP if they just went public. I have an ESPP, since those are public shares purchased after taxes those belong to me and if i left the company can't touch them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
was it through an ESPP/ESPO or something? wait, couldn't have been ESPP if they just went public. I have an ESPP, since those are public shares purchased after taxes those belong to me and if i left the company can't touch them.
I think they placed a hold on executing options when they knew they were going public in order to reduce any IRS noise for us. That should be lifted now that we are officially on the market.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Typically you should have 30-90 days after leaving to exercise your options. Also look at the tax impact, the difference between the fair market value and strike price goes in to AMT.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That will feel good.

I'm sure you did already, but make sure to tell her to not hold that stuff back. Thats how bad managers and douchebags continue on as if its okay to do so.
I did and do. She does this to a lot of people and as a result, our group has the highest turnover in the company. Her lack of professionalism is astounding, but they keep promoting her. We had an HR pow-wow after enough people started to complain. She doesn't change, she just waits for people to calm down and keeps it up. My assumption is that we will both be replaced and the cycle will continue.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Goddamnit, sounds like my Chevy engine has a fatal condition, with likely only a few months to live.
7k engine rebuild, really thinking newer truck, but I guess there is a severe National shortage of the ones I would be looking for. Boo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Goddamnit, sounds like my Chevy engine has a fatal condition, with likely only a few months to live.
7k engine rebuild, really thinking newer truck, but I guess there is a severe National shortage of the ones I would be looking for. Boo.
V8?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Looks like I am on the hunt for a ‘14-‘18 Silverado LTZ, hopefully less than 100k, between 27k and 35k.
If y’all see something like that, lemme know.
Mileage is 20k more than you were hoping, but it's at the lower end of your price range and the color really brings out your eyes.

You're welcome.