Quantcast

€€£ Salty Sabado £€€

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Best description for why your need a trust when your net worth (including life insurance) is even just $1mm.

"Hookers and blow. That's what happens when you give a 21y/o $1mm. Now imagine that you have a 5y/o and that money triples by then? They probably won't make it to 22."

I've used that for a while and it's the example in the class. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Best rationale for convincing someone to give me their child's inheritance that I have ever heard!
It's more about getting them to set up a will and trust, which is not my gig. Just getting folks to plan fwd.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just did a gravel race, 39 miles on the fatbike. Heading out for a few laps on the Canfield.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I had to run 18 miles today so I went ahead and ran a half marathon to cover the bulk of that. Jogged my way to a 1:34:09 finish and surprisingly was the top "grandmaster", which is 50 and over. Tacked on the extra miles before and after to hit my 18 miles. I've got a 100 mile ride tomorrow and I think I did pretty good in saving my legs for it.

View attachment 194660
running 18 miles is saving your legs....

let me think about that....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I ordered parts for a few friend's bikes. Instead of the little box. I received a big box. Like a shop order full of inventory box. Invoice says it's my order. I call Cochalis up. WTF guys. They put me on hold for 20 minutes and tell me the package says it was delivered?? Call back Monday?? Sales rep calls 10 minutes later. How dare you demean my agent and hangs up on me. I was drinking coffee with Cassie when I made the call. She backed me up. I was cool about the whole thing. I easily have $4 grand worth of SRAM cassettes, brake parts, handle bars, grips, some shimano stuff too. All high end stuff. Eye candy for the display case by the cash register stuff. I will do the right thing here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
asshole season unofficially started last weekend.

daily emergency sirens, care flight overhead every other day, fireworks in the air bnb two doors over, as I'm walking through the neighborhood and some asshole comes barreling around a corner at 40mph and I do the 'slow down' motion with my hands eastbaydadbro stops the car (but won't get out of it) like he's going to threaten me.......

quiet mountain town life

living the dream

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
And distribute it to the Monkeys.
They have until Tuesday to send me the Stem, Selle Italia saddle, shimano lever, brake lines, mineral oil, and olives. They have already charged my amex card for the parts and shipping on the big box. They routinely send me open box returned items for new stuff. OEM stuff I cannot get parts for or warranty. Straw broke the camel's back here. I still have a QBP account. Amazon prices cannot be beat also. Just the whole warranty thing with amazon.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They have until Tuesday to send me the Stem, Selle Italia saddle, shimano lever, brake lines, mineral oil, and olives. They have already charged my amex card for the parts and shipping on the big box. They routinely send me open box returned items for new stuff. OEM stuff I cannot get parts for or warranty. Straw broke the camel's back here. I still have a QBP account. Amazon prices cannot be beat also. Just the whole warranty thing with amazon.
I think I need a cassette from my last ride. Just keep me in mind.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

daily emergency sirens, care flight overhead every other day, fireworks in the air bnb two doors over, as I'm walking through the neighborhood and some asshole comes barreling around a corner at 40mph and I do the 'slow down' motion with my hands eastbaydadbro stops the car (but won't get out of it) like he's going to threaten me.......

quiet mountain town life

living the dream
Cry me a river. It's full on Winnebago touron season here now. We get like 2 weekends where it's nice before the shit drops...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Cry me a river. It's full on Winnebago touron season here now. We get like 2 weekends where it's nice before the shit drops...
I'm not going to cry you jack shit. If the timing works out I'm going to give you an entertaining headline to read soon.

Because living in a place that dwarfs visitor numbers of yellowstone and yosemite combined, and certainly anchorage, I'm going to give you the gift that keeps on giving: an inspirational example to follow.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm not going to cry you jack shit. If the timing works out I'm going to give you an entertaining headline to read soon.

Because living in a place that dwarfs visitor numbers of yellowstone and yosemite combined, and certainly anchorage, I'm going to give you the gift that keeps on giving: an inspirational example to follow.
We only have like 2 roads.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
4 roads? You lucky son of a bitch.
You have escape routes. I can point you to them if you wish.

We only have 4 roads in theory. True, 20+ years ago these were functional thoroughfares. But since about 2015 what we have is two accidents, and two pothole repair jobs. Or 4 accidents. Sometimes we even double up.

And no foolin.....we have daily gridlock from reno commuters these days from people who can't afford to live here but found a job. That one I'm sure you know.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We do, but really only the Gros Ventre road out to Union Pass.
And I guess Fall Creek road in the summer?
Am I forgetting one or two that you could drive an emergency vehicle on?
(besides the obvious, Moose -Wilson road, GTNP inner and outer roads, Togwotee, 89 South, 22 West…?)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
nah that's what I was thinking. It's just that when you drive them, you get to less populated places. We get sacramento or reno.

And credit where due, but JM is being generous with "two" roads :rofl:

anchor.JPG

That's still a big ass town though. Lots more roads to go hide on, where as we have like 3 blocks and then the artery.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

quiet mountain town life

living the dream
poor baby. you do realize you sound like karen, don't you? fireworks! sirens! *barreling!!!* around a corner! you should probably stay. sounds like you love it. and you have no other choice. :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
nah that's what I was thinking. It's just that when you drive them, you get to less populated places. We get sacramento or reno.

And credit where due, but JM is being generous with "two" roads :rofl:

View attachment 194683

That's still a big ass town though. Lots more roads to go hide on, where as we have like 3 blocks and then the artery.
They were going to have a ferry across, built a terminal, bought a ferry, built some roads...but it never materialized and they ended up selling it. I had this idea and I think it kicks ass.
Knik.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
(besides the obvious, Moose -Wilson road, GTNP inner and outer roads, Togwotee, 89 South, 22 West…?)
im surprised no one has launched their cars at the roundabout yet....forgetting that they are there.....

or have they...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah, it happens occasionally. The best was a semi that completely didn’t see it, and just pile-drove straight through the middle. Luckily it was like 4:00 am or something. But they have put in a whole bunch of flashing lights and warnings.
Summer Silly Season we always get one or two geniuses that roll their RV’s on it.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, it happens occasionally. The best was a semi that completely didn’t see it, and just pile-drove straight through the middle. Luckily it was like 4:00 am or something. But they have put in a whole bunch of flashing lights and warnings.
Summer Silly Season we always get one or two geniuses that roll their RV’s on it.
And you get the throngs of aging sunburn and prostate stimulating enthusiasts pointlessly revving their $30,000 scooters while cosplaying the Village People.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a dukes of hazzard moment in georgia

hold my beer....120 foot launch

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
poor baby. you do realize you sound like karen, don't you? fireworks! sirens! *barreling!!!* around a corner
says the guy who vehemently defended intense before realizing they actually did make crooked frames

the guy who called my 'telsa hate' stupid before he realized musk was just another rich prick nazi who doesn't actually do anything

I've already gotten hit by a car on my bike by someone running a stop sign. And you obviously don't realize what fireworks do here. I've evacuated twice in the last three years to get out of the way of fires no one can stop.

Should I mention what you sound like? Anything else you'd like to be an expert on?

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
says the guy who vehemently defended intense before realizing they actually did make crooked frames

the guy who called my 'telsa hate' stupid before he realized musk was just another rich prick nazi who doesn't actually do anything

I've already gotten hit by a car on my bike by someone running a stop sign. And you obviously don't realize what fireworks do here. I've evacuated twice in the last three years to get out of the way of fires no one can stop.

Should I mention what you sound like? Anything else you'd like to be an expert on?
well fine then. understood re: fireworks and forest fires. and sure, you're oh so prescient on the tesla hate (i don't own one, btw). but yeah, no one should line that jackass's pockets.

do i sound like a prick? maybe.

i still miss my uzzi though. it wasn't misaligned, it just broke every once in a while b/c i don't buy a new bike every two years b/c it's cool and i beat the ever living crap outta it. but don't think i ever really defended them for anything. just stated i liked mine.

i do still think that if you hate it so much there you should move, and do understand that it's probably gotten a lot shittier in the past 10-15 years...that sucks.

ps-my favorite "i got hit by a car" story was when i was 12 and skating across the street and a hearse ran a red light and threw me up on its hood. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
well fine then. understood re: fireworks and forest fires. and sure, you're oh so prescient on the tesla hate (i don't own one, btw). but yeah, no one should line that jackass's pockets.
My point was that I'm used to you shooting your mouth off without having the slightest clue what you're talking about, often with an insult, always with an air of superiority while being completely fucking wrong or not even curious enough to ask about.

do i sound like a prick? maybe.
You read my post and thought to yourself "ya know, someone really should stand up for the assholes in this scenario!"

i do still think that if you hate it so much there you should move,
Me too. I'm working on it. But it requires some money I don't have.

Last edited: