Quantcast

€€€€¥¥¥¥¥¥ it’s Wednesday and my kids are already barfing! §₩£’£¡

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Tough one, bro. Hope they feel better.
Off to bed super early tonight after two inexplicably shit nights of sleep in a row.

There has been much plotting of Christmas catering, a process which I have endeavoured to maintain a fairly remote orbit around. Seems like we’re having our now-traditional Peking duck (yay) and dumplings on the 24th and barbecue butterfly leg of lamb, fish, caprese salad (yay) and various other bits for lunch on the day. Smoked salmon for breakfast probs. My principal requirement of far too much Prosecco and Aperol has already been achieved. My American inlaws are here and are going shopping tomorrow so overcatering is guaranteed.

Oh also on a food note some our friends gave us some of their homemade Saville orange marmalade for a gift and holy shit that might be one of the finest foods on the planet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the snow for Christmas forecast has been changed to freezing rain Friday and rain all weekend. Also found out the Santa delivery might get delayed because it seems Nebraska is a shitshow right now. Yay!

It's only Wednesday, this is the longest short week of my life thus far.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solstice. Last day of work before 1.5 weeks off. All teachers... should be painful.

Edit: to clarify, and @Pesqueeb probably already knows this - hence the laugh, I handle one retirement plan for the district. PERA is the state pension that covers all teachers. There is a pretty bad confusion about whether I'm PERA or my company, since the district has both. So probably 5-10% of my teacher meetings get cancelled once we start talking. Also, there is this assumption that PERA will be enough (it's not) and a shock when people find out they won't get SSI, because they're paying into PERA instead. All-in, they are either time wastes or very likely me crushing dreams. None of which are fun.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In the office. have a bit of work this morning. will go pick up my boys christmas present at lunch (new alpine skis), then office party in the afternoon. tired.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cracks me up that ~2000 years after the fact a party girl and her resultant illegitimate, illusionist spawn are celebrated as something special by billions...

It is older than that. Virgin birth myths were common back to early Egypt, Babylonia and Buddhism. It is just a remake of earlier work. About as original as Hollywood. I would say that the latest version of the story is kind of stale and could use a remake with some good explosions.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yup its one of those fts days. Went out to defrost the workvan windshield. Turned the van on and as soon as the door shut with me outside I heard the auto locks click. Did the first 5 client's in my car then drove to the office to get the spare key. What a pain in the arse.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
It is older than that. Virgin birth myths were common back to early Egypt, Babylonia and Buddhism. It is just a remake of earlier work. About as original as Hollywood. I would say that the latest version of the story is kind of stale and could use a remake with some good explosions.

Yup its one of those fts days. Went out to defrost the workvan windshield. Turned the van on and as soon as the door shut with me outside I heard the auto locks click. Did the first 5 client's in my car then drove to the office to get the spare key. What a pain in the arse.
Last trip I took, the Sprinter started displaying "Replace key battery." Didn't make me feel secure. To Mercedes' credit, when I got home I replaced the battery without incident.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, there is this assumption that PERA will be enough (it's not) and a shock when people find out they won't get SSI, because they're paying into PERA instead. All-in, they are either time wastes or very likely me crushing dreams. None of which are fun.
good work Scrooge

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
UGH. both kids woke up to barf/woke up by barfing. My wife snores so I had earplugs in and didn't wake up with the first kid. She woke me up for the second though! We're all home on the couch, and it seems to have skipped my wife and I so it must be food poisoning I guess.

Feel shitty tho, so here we go.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Waiting for FedEx freight for the second day in a row. They are afraid of our driveway…

Bike ride on deck and then a trip up to Pdx for Christmas shopping.