Quantcast

€€€€¥¥¥¥¥¥ it’s Wednesday and my kids are already barfing! §₩£’£¡

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
have you met the average american?
SSI is Social Security Insurance. You don't have a choice usually. Only elective options are through religion, which only some employers provide the option (Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses usually). The SSI replacement plans have other mandatory plans. Elective plans... Now that's where we have problems.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As a state employee I have a mandatory 401(a) with 5% me + 10% them put into it until one hits the IRS annual compensation limit for the year. But I’m also paying into SSI up to the usual FICA limit—some state employees are PERA, some not.
You are the definite exception.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, I don't know how healthy a taco salad actually is, but it is by far my favorite salad. The cart here in town does carne for $10 that's just awesome.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
statistically speaking i am very, very far above average financially when it comes to americans
Statistically speaking, most of RM should be as well. Based on age and employment type, most of us have higher household income and net worth than national average.

Some are higher up each of those scales, but most of us are. The fact that people are able to be online throughout the day says a lot about employment type, which will provide insight to income levels. Given that people are now starting to talk about retirement, and the average age is early-50's (last I checked), also means that net worth levels are in those threshold ranges.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Aw Steve, don’t do yourself down, I at least always think of you as an exemplary average American. :cupidarrow: :D
i have no one to worry about when i die....

i could chase money if i want....

id rather not.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the @kidwoo approved amount. for now.

also yo dude! hope life is good.
Yo back! All is good here, bit of a dwell in the work craziness so took a couple weeks off to ride everyday while wife is working and kids are still in school/daycare. Lots of a day beers too.

Hope all is well with the Kranked Klan, kids must be psyched for the holidays.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It appears I am. I was riding yesterday and mid-ride thought to myself, "I wonder what Tim is doing right now?". Then I remembered you were probably talking about riding bikes on here and decided I should check in.
And you didn't invite me? :cray:

Good call. Saved me the trouble of saying no.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yo back! All is good here, bit of a dwell in the work craziness so took a couple weeks off to ride everyday while wife is working and kids are still in school/daycare. Lots of a day beers too.

Hope all is well with the Kranked Klan, kids must be psyched for the holidays.
kids are good. pumped for Xmas for sure. tomorrow is their last day of school and my last day of work before the holidays. we're all getting over head colds. haven't been riding much. just busy/lazy. gonna try to kick up the miles again in the new year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Low twenties tonight. Was trying to remember the last time it was this cold, that would have been backpacking back in August.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Low twenties tonight. Was trying to remember the last time it was this cold, that would have been backpacking back in August.
The cold cuts different here. Thick and moist air. Do not like

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The cold cuts different here. Thick and moist air. Do not like
I find it easier to stay comfortable at 25 than at 35 and 100% humidity. You can be cold or wet or wet and cold but never warm and dry. Best case scenario is warm core with cold extremities.