Quantcast

€€ Monday Phunday €€

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Exit Through The Liquor Store

I did, good sir - I thought I thanked you in an earlier thread, but if not... grazie.
cool....i have not been paying attention on here that much in the last couple weeks....

enjoy the euro vacation.....

a friend of the family is going to be doing the italian mountain tour later this year....bought him the same books if his knees felt like hiking...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
cool....i have not been paying attention on here that much in the last couple weeks....

enjoy the euro vacation.....

a friend of the family is going to be doing the italian mountain tour later this year....bought him the same books if his knees felt like hiking...
I haven't dug through the books you sent yet - our Italian holiday isn't until September, so we still have some time.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done, got to pass a job off on to a supposed guru and he was as confused as I was, so that was fun.
Had this stuck in my head for the morning-
Then got told to go have a look at a new customer's machine, nek minnit I'm lifting a 7ft hydraulic cylinder in to the truck, yay!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Had to do an unplanned brake job on the wife's car yesterday after the semi-metallic pads became full metallic.

20230521_172541_copy_600x800.jpg

I've only had the parts laying around for a year now. Husband of the year material there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was out cold as soon as my head hit the pillow last night. 2 days of kayaking on a lake will do that to you. I get to go get my teeth cleaned right after work today oh joy.....

hope the espresso kicks in so I can remember where the hell I left the keys to my work vehicle

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
FANCY

fun weekend. Friday night was solo parenting as the wife went to T.Swizzle at gilette. Kids did awesome. Saturday it poured almost all day- we had soccer midday and the kids were drenched. They still won and I had a blast. Sunday I got out on the bike for 30 miles and worked on the TT rig in the evenings...finally getting some progress on the internally routed cables and shit.

Had a weird experience at the local shop...7ft of brake housing, 5ft of shift housing, two brake cables and various endcaps ended up costing me $55 before tax. I'm all for supporting my LBS, but fuck it if I'm going to pay double or triple MSRP (shimano brake setup for road is $20 MSRP) for loose cabling. At least I needed most of it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
some of y’all were up at ungodly hours. At least SS, who apparently hit the lottery, has the time zone to blame

/me is ferrying elder kid to optometrist then school, then trying on smaller pants at REI, then picking up le bike at GBS (with replaced spoke) and riding likely WR.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good weekend.
Rained so not in the fields and was able to help with the bike fest some.
Kiddo did a race yesterday, but decided to ride with her friend instead of hammering.

Need to plant the trees we got for Mrs on Mother’s Day/her birthday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Still in ABQ. Went for run, watched sunrise over the Sandias. Must find espresso........
i vaguely remember abq on our roadtrip from bedford texas to see the land the parents bought in pagosa springs for the first time in the mid 70's....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FANCY

fun weekend. Friday night was solo parenting as the wife went to T.Swizzle at gilette. Kids did awesome. Saturday it poured almost all day- we had soccer midday and the kids were drenched. They still won and I had a blast. Sunday I got out on the bike for 30 miles and worked on the TT rig in the evenings...finally getting some progress on the internally routed cables and shit.

Had a weird experience at the local shop...7ft of brake housing, 5ft of shift housing, two brake cables and various endcaps ended up costing me $55 before tax. I'm all for supporting my LBS, but fuck it if I'm going to pay double or triple MSRP (shimano brake setup for road is $20 MSRP) for loose cabling. At least I needed most of it.
Local shops here also charge out the wazoo for housing.

So I just ended up buying a whole box of Shimano SP41 from Jenson. The whole box cost about the same as what 4 housing changes would have cost, if I had gone through the local shop.

I'm surprised you don't have a bucket of end caps and whatnot from aliexpress. :busted:

Edit: it's actually on sale again.

I also always make sure to have a box of these cables. They aren't fancy, but they work.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Local shops here also charge out the wazoo for housing.

So I just ended up buying a whole box of Shimano SP41 from Jenson. The whole box cost about the same as what 4 housing changes would have cost, if I had gone through the local shop.

I'm surprised you don't have a bucket of end caps and whatnot from aliexpress. :busted:

Edit: it's actually on sale again.

I also always make sure to have a box of these cables. They aren't fancy, but they work.
As miserly as I am, I try to kick back to my LBSs when I can or feel like it. I had a local shop pack up my old EVIL frame, replace a crashed brifter, and often times for small parts like tubeless goo or bar tape. As for my homey Ali, I do have a ton of end caps but I said "throw em in" thinking the dude would charge me like $3 for a handful of shit- instead he measured out each one including $1.25 per alloy housing end (x4). He charged me for each individual cable cap which was about 1/4 of the cost of the full bucket I bought off amazon for the same thing. I guess I should have said "Not for that price" but instead I'll complain on the internet.

It was nice housing though...the brake and shifter stuff seems more compliant than my generic shit I have lying around.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Still alive. Temps are 20 degreee cooler than last week. No more smoke in the air. Allergies are kicking my ass.

Thinking about taking a quick trip to Taos next month for a friends life celebration. Damn it why do the good ones die young.