Quantcast

€€ Monday Phunday €€

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Local shops here also charge out the wazoo for housing.

So I just ended up buying a whole box of Shimano SP41 from Jenson. The whole box cost about the same as what 4 housing changes would have cost, if I had gone through the local shop.

I'm surprised you don't have a bucket of end caps and whatnot from aliexpress. :busted:

Edit: it's actually on sale again.

I also always make sure to have a box of these cables. They aren't fancy, but they work.
Best price I have found, this is basically wholesale.

CE5DE0E6-F9C5-4EFA-80BA-785640B99019.png

Amazing that the JagWire stuff is more expensive than the Shimano stuff these days.

Last edited:
Local antique dealer removed a couple of cabinets full of Hilarie's stuff from the parlor. That allowed me to remove the wall to wall carpet. As I was finishing that he came back to give me a large stack of large US currency that he had found in one of the cabinets. I love rural Vermont - I will be taking him and his wife out to dinner.

Had a weird experience at the local shop...7ft of brake housing, 5ft of shift housing, two brake cables and various endcaps ended up costing me $55 before tax. I'm all for supporting my LBS, but fuck it if I'm going to pay double or triple MSRP (shimano brake setup for road is $20 MSRP) for loose cabling. At least I needed most of it.
If they have what I want, I'm ready to pay them whatever. If they don't have it I order it myself.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Local antique dealer removed a couple of cabinets full of Hilarie's stuff from the parlor. That allowed me to remove the wall to wall carpet. As I was finishing that he came back to give me a large stack of large US currency that he had found in one of the cabinets. I love rural Vermont - I will be taking him and his wife out to dinner.
grandfather did the same thing.

so did my great grandfather.....in of all places downtown philly...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Old man whining time. Kind of threw out my back doing some logging last week with 25 year old firefighter types, I’m just too old for that Shit. Anyhoo, laying low today, just chilling out. Well, my Golden has the biggest jowls outside of a St. Bernard, and drips gallons when he drinks water. Somehow I slipped on the wet floor, and rolled my ankle hard enough I thought I felt something snap.
Fun!
Hiding out in the 64 degree basement for the rest of the day, hopefully tomorrow is better.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Old man whining time. Kind of threw out my back doing some logging last week with 25 year old firefighter types, I’m just too old for that Shit. Anyhoo, laying low today, just chilling out. Well, my Golden has the biggest jowls outside of a St. Bernard, and drips gallons when he drinks water. Somehow I slipped on the wet floor, and rolled my ankle hard enough I thought I felt something snap.
Fun!
Hiding out in the 64 degree basement for the rest of the day, hopefully tomorrow is better.
You should consider wearing a helmet, and not just for riding.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wait, you really eliminated the weed cellar? What’s going there, hot tub?
Yup. We put the weed cellar in the weed cellar, then we’ll cover it with fill dirt and compact it, then put a patio on top of all that. Probably concrete, but we are considering flagstone. And the massive trenches are for electric and data cables.

IMG_7157.jpeg

The excavator left his mini excavator here overnight. Think he left the keys in it? You know, in case he parked someone in?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fun!
woke up yesterday morning and left foot felt like an elephant had stepped on it. even though nothing had happened. painful to walk on. wth? fucking old man problems....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just another day at work. I was on the backside of this going to drop off a dialysis client @ Heggenberger rd and 880 near the Oakland Colosseum when this started to go down. I fliipped around and zipped down a side street when I saw swat with the rifles poined at the Burger King and all these folks screaming with their cell phones videoing the whole thing. Took these photos on my way back to 880 after they reopened the roadway

20230522_114025.jpg
20230522_114035.jpg
20230522_114037.jpg
20230522_114105~2.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
but were they actually authentic?
The Hispanic construction works seemed to think so. My Spanish is not so good, but he knew what I wanted and my order was proper.

What I found hilarious was you could tell all the dudes hitting the truck were single while all the married dudes had a proper lunch box and were kicking it in the grass.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
major flare up feels like your foot bones are shattered into a million shards of glass when you put weight on it. Bad break but no break
Ten years of that shit was enough for me. Gout completely redifined everything I thought I knew about pain. All those injuries from racing, broken bones, pulled and torn tendons, etc. we’re nothing compared to Gout flare ups.