Quantcast

€$£ Sunny Montag £$€

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I wonder if that M&C will get infused with some pulled-pork-I-ness.
Please report back.
No infusion noted. However, much was learned. A bit less time would have been preferred on the mac&cheese. Also, while the pork was excellent, it was overly juicy. Perhaps a few more hours? Not sure.

This all being said, there is a week of leftovers.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
F-yeah. Our DH trails are all dry, no mud, just perfect dirt. Even better, the summer suspension on my Mutz is not all F-ed up this year (got a higher flow piston up front and had DVO revalve the rear) and it doesn't actually feel like the bike is snapping in half riding over a big mess of roots. Had some real good DH runs. 2.5 29er rubber gripping like crazy (probably slow, but carving nice).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Put two bikes back together out of their travel cases.
Gave a quick service to our trail bikes.
Fully serviced the fork and rear shock on my DH bike, checked the pivots, there is a notchy pair but they can stay as they are for a while. Still need to do exactly the same to wife's DH bike.

Notched a chunk out of the red DU bushing stuff on the SRAM rear shock mount as I was pushing the reducer shaft back through, I much prefer the Fox version.

@Nick and @Toshi WP soooooon

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just finding out that MIL1 ate shit Friday night while she was here watching the girls. Doesn't know what happened, just woke up on the floor. She didn't tell us until 30min ago - despite spending half of Saturday here. Knees, wrists, hip, and side of head all hurt.

Wtf?! Why are some people so averse to medical care that they are willing to just disregard shit like that? She's fucking 74 and of the very old type...

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Subdural bleed, to neurology
I know the process. Absolute refusal to let us take her anywhere. She's not at a point that we'd be able to get medical care authority (which we don't want), so we can only do so much. Wifey is calling in the morning to schedule with her Dr tomorrow. She's not giving her the option to not come. Hopefully no issues between now and then.

Just a shitty spot for Wifey to get put into. Her mom clearly needs to be taking care of herself, but she isn't/won't. She can't force anything to happen, so she has to sit back and watch an unhealthy woman almost intentionally stay unhealthy. And knowing that all combined will shorten her mom's life. Just rough for her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had an awesome ride today. Wasn't that fun driving home where there were a handful of people that were clearly drunk as fuck. General attitude towards drunk driving is pretty lax here not to mention seemingly zero enforcement.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just finding out that MIL1 ate shit Friday night while she was here watching the girls. Doesn't know what happened, just woke up on the floor. She didn't tell us until 30min ago - despite spending half of Saturday here. Knees, wrists, hip, and side of head all hurt.

Wtf?! Why are some people so averse to medical care that they are willing to just disregard shit like that? She's fucking 74 and of the very old type...
As someone who's had seizures, straight just passed the fuck out, and also had multiple concussions....sometimes you just don't remember it happened until a little shard of recall comes back the next day or two. You don't exactly come to with a fully functioning brain or short term memory from any of the above.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As someone who's had seizures, straight just passed the fuck out, and also had multiple concussions....sometimes you just don't remember it happened until a little shard of recall comes back the next day or two. You don't exactly come to with a fully functioning brain or short term memory from any of the above.
A few years ago I had a bad crash, dislocated my shoulder and banged my head pretty good. That night I knew I went for a ride but had no recollection of where, how I got back to my car, or driving home. If it wasn't for the searing pain of popping my shoulder back into place getting etched into my brain I probably wouldn't have even known I had crashed. When I was getting x-rays and the prompt care the next day they freaked out when I told them this. They were going to call an ambulance until I asked them to check me for a concussion, zero symptoms.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A few years ago I had a bad crash, dislocated my shoulder and banged my head pretty good. That night I knew I went for a ride but had no recollection of where, how I got back to my car, or driving home. If it wasn't for the searing pain of popping my shoulder back into place getting etched into my brain I probably wouldn't have even known I had crashed. When I was getting x-rays and the prompt care the next day they freaked out when I told them this. They were going to call an ambulance until I asked them to check me for a concussion, zero symptoms.
Yeah it's kind of weird if you've had this happened a few times. But everyone who's been through it knows it. When someone who's never been through potentially violent sports maybe goes through the same thing, you gotta kind of recognize that yeah, a headbang or a blackout that might have come from not sports is the same. I've had things happen that I honestly didn't even remember until someone brought it up a month later.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah it's kind of weird if you've had this happened a few times. But everyone who's been through it knows it. When someone who's never been through potentially violent sports maybe goes through the same thing, you gotta kind of recognize that yeah, a headbang or a blackout that might have come from not sports is the same. I've had things happen that I honestly didn't even remember until someone brought it up a month later.
Yup, when I take a hit to the head the only real symptom I suffer is memory loss, well as far as I know. It worries a part of me, another part of me wishes there was a lot more I could forget.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yup, when I take a hit to the head the only real symptom I suffer is memory loss, well as far as I know. It worries a part of me, another part of me wishes there was a lot more I could forget.
I was straight epileptic for a few years after I hit my head hard enough skateboarding to go blind for two days when I was in high school. The cloudy sensation of remembering a day or two much later after the fact was a pretty gnarly reality for a few years. Every head hit riding bikes years later just made a weird echo. But if forced to think about it, I could recognize what was going on.

So anyway, an elderly folk going through the same thing, maybe for the first time in their lives I can sympathize with. To me it was just another part of high school and risking my life for teh funz

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was straight epileptic for a few years after I hit my head hard enough skateboarding to go blind for two days when I was in high school. The cloudy sensation of remembering a day or two much later after the fact was a pretty gnarly reality for a few years. Every head hit riding bikes years later just made a weird echo. But if forced to think about it, I could recognize what was going on.

So anyway, an elderly folk going through the same thing, maybe for the first time in their lives I can sympathize with. To me it was just another part of high school and risking my life for teh funz
Head hits aren't a fuck around topic in this house since my seizures started. It makes sense that she would just forget to tell us, because if she was even mildly concussed, she wouldn't realize it. Still need to get her looked at though.

I know the process. Absolute refusal to let us take her anywhere. She's not at a point that we'd be able to get medical care authority (which we don't want), so we can only do so much. Wifey is calling in the morning to schedule with her Dr tomorrow. She's not giving her the option to not come. Hopefully no issues between now and then.

Just a shitty spot for Wifey to get put into. Her mom clearly needs to be taking care of herself, but she isn't/won't. She can't force anything to happen, so she has to sit back and watch an unhealthy woman almost intentionally stay unhealthy. And knowing that all combined will shorten her mom's life. Just rough for her.
I'm in ER now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Head hits aren't a fuck around topic in this house since my seizures started. It makes sense that she would just forget to tell us, because if she was even mildly concussed, she wouldn't realize it. Still need to get her looked at though.
Could have also just blacked out from dehydration or poor sleep at elevation, low blood sugar, a petit mal etc etc etc.....

The subsequent cloud is all the same

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Could have also just blacked out from dehydration or poor sleep at elevation, low blood sugar, a petit mal etc etc etc.....

The subsequent cloud is all the same
Exactly. It's the hitting the ground that's the concern.