Quantcast

<>~>~€<€ Sunday scrum day ¥+¥+¥+¥+¥

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Short-ish ride today worked me over. Self-powered shuttle up went ok, quads and arms felt like jelly on the way down. Kind of a bummer, bc I was looking forward to getting home and riding all last week!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We have done many things, seen many things but did not ride in Moab. Disappointed to say the least but it was 93 at 11pm when we parked and about the same when I got up a little before 5. Plan was Klondike Bluffs and then hit Arches at 9ish but we bailed on the ride so we hiked a bit in Arches and got quesadillas at the truck in town. Heading to CO (finally—we’re a day behind because of a flat).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We have done many things, seen many things but did not ride in Moab. Disappointed to say the least but it was 93 at 11pm when we parked and about the same when I got up a little before 5. Plan was Klondike Bluffs and then hit Arches at 9ish but we bailed on the ride so we hiked a bit in Arches and got quesadillas at the truck in town. Heading to CO (finally—we’re a day behind because of a flat).
Yeah - riding in Moab June-August is inadvisable... actually, *going* to Moab those times is also inadvisable. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah has been introduced to Korn - Shoots and Ladders. And rocked the shit out of it . She's referring to it as the "ring around the rosie" song. :rofl:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yeah - riding in Moab June-August is inadvisable... actually, *going* to Moab those times is also inadvisable. :D
Yeah. We don’t have much of a choice as I don’t get “vacation time” outside of the summer to make a trip like this happen. It has been bot but we’ve been good about hydrating and taking it easy with outside activities. I think the best has actually kept the crowds down too!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
To extend beyond @SkaredShtles comments.

We are in Grand Junction (down the road from Moab) next weekend for a race. We will have a pop-up with 3 sides, we're borrowing a Ryobi mister fan, are planning to have coolers full of ice and cold Gatorade (for everyone in the house, not just Haley), will have her out of her race suit within minutes after every track session, and 5' golf umbrellas to cover her while waiting for track sessions to start and for Wifey and Hannah. I still expect all of us to get dehydrated and for it to be exhausting on a daily basis, even with spending most of the day sitting in shade.

Do not come to Moab during the hot season.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah. We don’t have much of a choice as I don’t get “vacation time” outside of the summer to make a trip like this happen. It has been bot but we’ve been good about hydrating and taking it easy with outside activities. I think the best has actually kept the crowds down too!
Given my comment above, ride around dawn and dusk. It will only be 90* then.

In the summer it could easily be mistaken for Hell's Asshole.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I hear ya... it must be crappy having the whole summer off. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Given my comment above, ride around dawn and dusk. It will only be 90* then.

In the summer it could easily be mistaken for Hell's Asshole.
Yeah. It hasn’t been too awful because there isn’t any humidity. I was born in Florida with bear & humidity so I am well aware of how to deal. We planned activities I. The morning and evening and travel time during the hottest parts of the day. Fortunately we are all good about hydrating too!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you've seen every variety of tumor possible in the human anus and that's all you got?
I mean you can google condylomata all you want but I was going with your “fleshy fold” reference literally

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rode entirely between 10k-12k today, wtf am I even doing?

Living. That's what.

At this pace I'll be able to hang with 6th and his Mrs. before September, 2024.

At least I'll sleep well tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this afternoon just pissed me right the fuck off. Needed to replace the sink pop up valve. Previous dude Glued all the pipe fittings together. I had to use a hacksaw to the old pop up valve to remove it then cut some more fipe to fit in the new valve. a job that should have taken 15 minutes took over an hour. Then Ruth tells me (after we agreed earlier this year that she wasn't going to go to the national dressage finals in Kentucky in mid November) that we are going. 16 days of pure hell for me I80 in both directions. I hate Wyoming at that time of year.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode entirely between 10k-12k today, wtf am I even doing?

Living. That's what.

At this pace I'll be able to hang with 6th and his Mrs. before September, 2024.

At least I'll sleep well tonight.
Where didja ride?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Breck, again. Did not suck.
I really don't know the trails out there too well. But I should go ride Miners again soon and maybe loop Mount Guyot as it's been a while since I did that too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Jesus, I go out of town for two weeks and trail Karen has gone nuts blocking off trails.

god I hate the people in this place.

at least we're not at piano wire

yet
my buddies are out in CA and making their way up to your neck of the woods later this week. tell me which trails they should avoid so that they come home with their heads intact?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
my buddies are out in CA and making their way up to your neck of the woods later this week. tell me which trails they should avoid so that they come home with their heads intact?
This is mostly close to neighborhood shit they'd have no reason to ride.

People like to bitch about bikes and dirtbikes on trails and then close off the mtb and dirtbike trails created to spread out traffic.

Tell them to ride toads from the armstrong pass side. It's probably already on the list but downieville just to the north of here is worth it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
This is mostly close to neighborhood shit they'd have no reason to ride.

People like to bitch about bikes and dirtbikes on trails and then close off the mtb and dirtbike trails created to spread out traffic.

Tell them to ride toads from the armstrong pass side. It's probably already on the list but downieville just to the north of here is worth it.
they're staying in tahoe, one or two days riding around there (they were talking about tahoe rim trail as well as toad's? - but you should let me know if there's something better around there; they like steep janky shit like me) mixed with two days shuttling downieville. you can go visit them...they'll give you all the beer, likker, weed, and shenanigans you want. montemar ct. they've been out there before so they have a bit of a clue. they hit ucsc stuff today.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
they're staying in tahoe, one or two days riding around there (they were talking about tahoe rim trail as well as toad's? - but you should let me know if there's something better around there; they like steep janky shit like me) mixed with two days shuttling downieville. you can go visit them...they'll give you all the beer, likker, weed, and shenanigans you want. montemar ct. they've been out there before so they have a bit of a clue. they hit ucsc stuff today.
two days isn't even enough to scratch the surface

sounds like they know what they're after