Quantcast

€uro $unday GTM

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Spent half my day at work for free, yay.
I need to work out what is wrong with my thumb, holding angle grinders and swinging hammers isn't much fun if you can't really grip with your thumb.
Hands and forearms are still sore from work on Friday, no photography or riding this weekend, booooo!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Did a bunch of mini case studies last night and all were high passing. Last night was also the first time I've had a good, long sleep with positive dreams in a long time. Coincidence? I doubt it.

More study today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
HBD @Adventurous

moar work for me today. had to pop over to the hospital for an esophagram yesterday and might have to show my face in person for a nasogastric tube placement later this morning, maybe not

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hbd @Adventurous

I am here. Need to wash my bike as yesterday was so humid I was dripping for the entire first half of the ride, and most of it went on my top tube. Also sliced my rear tire and will need to replace it after not enough miles :( Not sure I want to deal with a repaired tire on this bike.

I also have had a fun craigslist weekend. Scooped up a new 10 speed cassette that will let me sell off my old Tri bike, and managed to find a FREE HTC Vive headset setup. Actually two complete units. These should be old enough to work with my potato PC.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I finally had a chance to look at Haley's data for the last few months, since I wanted a chance to warm my brain up before I started taking practice tests. The new kart is doing as expected. Her fastest laps and day out ever was the first day out in the new kart. Her second fastest *barely* was in her old kart but on brand new tires. Her third fastest was yesterday on 3-day old tires (they are only really good for four practice days). And her slow session yesterday? 20+mph headwind on the fastest section of the track - she did that whole stretch >5mph slower. She closed a 1.5sec from her previous best lap - which without the headwind is 47.4sec and top-5 in her class.

This will be more helpful for @jebfour, but the green is her fast lap yesterday the red is ever. Basically almost the entire front straight she was fighting the headwind (increasing line on the bottom). After that, she was going faster and just pulling time back (downward line on the bottom).
1688919015168.png

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So *another* fucking hailstorm swept through the area yesterday afternoon. I haven't even gone out to check the garden yet today... :mad:

Fuckin' hail.
I drove right behind that storm. 470 was flooded and there was inches of hail on the ground. Good luck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I drove right behind that storm. 470 was flooded and there was inches of hail on the ground. Good luck.
Yeah - I got stuck in that traffic coming back from a fruitless fungus foray in the mountains. Also had to divert off I-70 just east of Evergreen to get around another traffic jam caused by people playing demolition derby in the construction zone up there. :rant:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
OK, so I lied. I scooped up 2x HTC VIVE pros plus 4x controllers, 2x steam VR stations and one wireless setup. This is like a $4k VR setup

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I had to give my neighbor a driveway easement across the top of my property when we bought the place. He built his driveway and didnt stay on the easement. I didnt want a confrontation at the time and ignored it.

Then a month ago he got a dog and it murdered 4 of my chickens and 2 turkeys. I told him I would kill the dog next time. Hid daughter showed up literally seconds before the dog was dispatched.

Fast forward to today. Now he wants to put a parcel box on my property, within the easement, but over 125ft from his gate and in a very prominent spot of the driveway. He told me its where he was allowed to place it.

I told him hell no, he can put it at his gate or at his house. Then I told him he needs to move his driveway onto the easement.

Fucking guy is a complete moron. I'm done being nice. We went to highschool together but all those brownie points are long gone.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I had to give my neighbor a driveway easement across the top of my property when we bought the place. He built his driveway and didnt stay on the easement. I didnt want a confrontation at the time and ignored it.

Then a month ago he got a dog and it murdered 4 of my chickens and 2 turkeys. I told him I would kill the dog next time. Hid daughter showed up literally seconds before the dog was dispatched.

Fast forward to today. Now he wants to put a parcel box on my property, within the easement, but over 125ft from his gate and in a very prominent spot of the driveway. He told me its where he was allowed to place it.

I told him hell no, he can put it at his gate or at his house. Then I told him he needs to move his driveway onto the easement.

Fucking guy is a complete moron. I'm done being nice. We went to highschool together but all those brownie points are long gone.
Yeah, fuck that guy!
No, not literally.
Unless it would help the situation?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Goddammit. Tomatoes and beans are back to square 2. I guess it's good that they're not back to square 1, but JHFC. One zucchini and one yellow squash were mostly protected by a couple bushes higher on the hill - the other two are again looking really beat up.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

The best way to deal with your easement is fencing it off and placing bees there. As long as the bees are necessary for your production and the fence is to protect your assets from wildlife impingement it is all legal, After the easement is "abandoned" by the grantee is then terminated. Nobody fucks with bees especially when you have to cross a fence.