Quantcast

™™™™™ Tuesday ¶¶¶¶¶¶

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked with the body shop. They are at 65% ACV. State Farm normally has total at 75%. Once the mechanical estimate is completed, she is expecting it to go over 80%. So, we're expecting a total at this point.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening. First day of school for me and first day of modified field hockey with my girls. Only have 10 right now so I am hoping the others get their clearance soon or it's going to be a long season!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
MRI done. Money gone. Hope I get a result that can push my recovery and avoidance of future back issues along. I suspect I just paid $1,200 for sounds I can make with my synths at home.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
MRI done. Money gone. Hope I get a result that can push my recovery and avoidance of future back issues along. I suspect I just paid $1,200 for sounds I can make with my synths at home.
For $1200 @Pesqueeb could have flown there, taken your photo, made ping noises and bought you a coffee afterwards.

edit: might need a @Toshi consult on how pretty you are in the photo though, so maybe not cheaper after all.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just paid near $3,000 for an echo. With insurance.

(I did elect for splitting it over 12 mo as it appears to be interest free so why not)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am thinking of building a pannier-rack mount trumpet case for my daughter. She loves riding to school, but it’s hard with a big plastic hardshell case. I am thinking of buying a canvas sided case and throwing pannier mounts on the side, so it clicks to a rack on her bike and she can ride without carrying it. It looks like it’ll cost $60 or so. Thoughts?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am now the proud owner of another Norco. Fully clapped out this time.

I mean $60 on the drive home, seems like I might have over paid and not lowballed enough.

I don't want to judge a book by its cover, but this bike might have a colored history and be involved something that rhymes with "Seth". Perhaps I might do some googling and see if it has a different owner.

The spray painted rims and fork that has clearly blown its load over the brake is a nice touch.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
icing toes and collarbone...anything to do for fractured toes other than ice them and wait? can't really tape them as it's two or maybe three of the middle ones...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
icing toes and collarbone...anything to do for fractured toes other than ice them and wait? can't really tape them as it's two or maybe three of the middle ones...
Nothing you really can do bub, broke 3 earlier this year myself,

Everything starts with R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevate

Then buddy tape and wear loose footwear.

You do not want to compress and wrap them too tight but enough to add stability to them then buddy tape them together.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:hmm: zigged, shoulda zagged?
french fried/pizza'd, etc...washed out at speed coming into a left-hand corner too hot/without skills to back up my speed/maybe hit a wet root (?), slammed whole left side of body on ground...maybe smashed foot into rock/root? kind of shocked 5.10 impacts didn't protect the toes more...not sure what exactly happened...am pretty functional and can still ride...shit's just annoying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am thinking of building a pannier-rack mount trumpet case for my daughter. She loves riding to school, but it’s hard with a big plastic hardshell case. I am thinking of buying a canvas sided case and throwing pannier mounts on the side, so it clicks to a rack on her bike and she can ride without carrying it. It looks like it’ll cost $60 or so. Thoughts?
At least she doesn't play tuba?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Do what @gonefirefightin said but look for a cast boot online or at a medical supply store. Not the big plastic, space boot, but the thing that looks like a Velcro sandal. It takes the pressure off your little piggies when you walk.