Quantcast

™™™™™ Tuesday GTM 

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Going for a road ride in a little while. Then hopefully it will dry out nicely for a mtb ride tomorrow.

Spending my vacation doing stuff around the house.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Still wet and rainy. Need to attend to my OneUp dropper. Good days to work on trails are getting scarce.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sad Tuesday. They are clear cutting the forest near my house to make way for a bunch of $2M, modern farmhouse luxury homes. :(

Gonna drive down to the in-laws at lunch so we can pick up this fancy cedar play structure that the wife claimed off Marketplace. Hopefully the child will enjoy this in a few years.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, you spicy monkeys! Our neighbor is paving his driveway and our young dog is freaking out about it. She is scared of the big scary trucks and hides and shakes, just like she does every week when the garbage truck rolls through the hood. The old dog though goes up to the big tractors and sniffs them. She has zero fucks to give.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What it do, you spicy monkeys! Our neighbor is paving his driveway and our young dog is freaking out about it. She is scared of the big scary trucks and hides and shakes, just like she does every week when the garbage truck rolls through the hood. The old dog though goes up to the big tractors and sniffs them. She has zero fucks to give.
1) are we talking white people spicy (like milk is spicy) or traditional thai "my entire face is numb and I won't be able to sit right for a week" spicy?
2) how is the old dogg doing? I thought she was sick a few weeks ago?
3) I looked into the half ironman but it's the same week as my cousin's wedding, so I have a valid excuse. Will hope to do an additional tri or two next year though, probably sprint level.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

It snowed last night. I’m not ready for that yet. My freshly re-manufactured carb for my ‘76 showed up. Hopefully this makes us run a little moar gooder.

Very happy to have finished tofu nugget harvest, ethanol pellets can handle snow better.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
2) how is the old dogg doing? I thought she was sick a few weeks ago?
Old doggo is going on 14. She's playing with house money at this point. She had some serious intestinal issues a few weeks ago and spent two days at the e-vet but has recovered from that. Overall she is just old and rickety. Sometimes I need to hold her up when she pees/poops so she doesn't tumble over, she needs help getting up the three stairs at our front door, it takes some work to get her to eat her meals now, and she needs help getting up off the hardwood floor. Basically it is like taking care of a very old person. This is what we sign up for when we adopt a pet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I really like having 4 day weekends and wish I could make them the norm. Made a trip out to Hood River on Sunday to get apples and pears, great success. Got all the back lights on Frita swapped out for LED's, still deciding on the front lights. I want to upgrade the headlights but the options are way too many. :panic:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sad Tuesday. They are clear cutting the forest near my house to make way for a bunch of $2M, modern farmhouse luxury homes. :(

Gonna drive down to the in-laws at lunch so we can pick up this fancy cedar play structure that the wife claimed off Marketplace. Hopefully the child will enjoy this in a few years.
Man I hate seeing that.

Doubley so when the community is touted as being out in farmland, the wilderness etc. Except yall come in and clear-cut everything....barf. but I guess it's okay because they plant a few saplings after, which usually die. :s

Living in a house with no shade or trees sucks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What used to be a large park area at the end of our road has spent the last two years being developed into ugly $2m+ houses. Not a fan. I'm sure the elk that used to summer in there don't appreciate the change either.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also orange cat has a feeding tube now. Guy was drugged up to the nines last night.

Seemed a bit more perky this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good luck and best wishes to orange cat.
Thanks, I'll give his shaved belly a rub.

He's only 11 or 12 years old and this came out of no where. They poked his liver last night, trying to get a more definitive answer to what it is - without putting him through too much stress.

Feeding tube sounded drastic to me, but he seems ok with it on his neck. And makes it way easier to feed and give drugs.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Man I hate seeing that.

Doubley so when the community is touted as being out in farmland, the wilderness etc. Except yall come in and clear-cut everything....barf. but I guess it's okay because they plant a few saplings after, which usually die. :s

Living in a house with no shade or trees sucks.
I feel the worst for our neighbors, who have lived here for 30 years surrounded by forest and farmland their family has owned for over 300 years. They were crushed yesterday watching the crew laying waste to a bunch of old growth (well, for New England) trees.

What used to be a large park area at the end of our road has spent the last two years being developed into ugly $2m+ houses. Not a fan. I'm sure the elk that used to summer in there don't appreciate the change either.
I still marvel at the number of people who can afford homes like that.

But hey, Denver area needs more housing amiright?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
slept like the dead, but only until 5:30.
laced up new wheels last night over whiskey, then checked them this morning over coffee. (science!)
actually dusted off my tension checker thingamajig, which let me to make some adjustments and now these are dialed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
laced up new wheels last night over whiskey, then checked them this morning over coffee. (science!)
actually dusted off my tension checker thingamajig, which let me to make some adjustments and now these are dialed.
will hopefully be building some new wheels over the winter / early spring. heard a rumor that the mtb box stealth hubs may not actually be vaporware after all.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Guessing King somethings?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I feel the worst for our neighbors, who have lived here for 30 years surrounded by forest and farmland their family has owned for over 300 years. They were crushed yesterday watching the crew laying waste to a bunch of old growth (well, for New England) trees.
its not to late for things to get sabotaged in the middle of the night.

:popcorn: :pirate::oops::lighten::homer::butcher:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Building super-light wheels for wifey this morning for her birthday. I don’t think she will be as excited as I am over it, though. Gonna drop two pounds + off of her bike with Wheelset, pedals, rear tire, cassette, and Ti railed saddle.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Building super-light wheels for wifey this morning for her birthday. I don’t think she will be as excited as I am over it, though. Gonna drop two pounds + off of her bike with Wheelset, pedals, rear tire, cassette, and Ti railed saddle.
I need a new truing stand. My 15yo Park struggles with wide hubs and big rims.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
prepare your monocle...

Kings + WAO Unions + Sapim Race + polyax nips.
i'm on the fence between unions and factions. however i have also hear WR1 is already testing their next gen of rims, so i might just lace up some alloy rims while i wait for the new stuff.