Quantcast

™™™™™ Tuesday GTM 

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Was my last day of work for this week today. Vacation! :banana: House projects! :( Bike projects!:banana:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Since I have absolutely no trust in any of the local tire shops and do not wish to have scratched and boogered up wheels on a brand new car, I made an appointment with the dealership where I bought it. Had a very reassuring conversation about craftsmanship and details with the mechanic there who installed the trailer hitch in August. He fixed my tire, did a great job, didn’t ruin my wheel’s finish and the dealership didn’t change me. Heck yeah !

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No CX Ray? Do you even build wheelz, bro? :D
I considered it, but the total cost was a bigger constraint than the weight savings. This build wasn't budget.

That said, if y'all need wheels or wheel parts, check Custom Wheel Builder in Colorado Springs. This shop hooked me up with a solid deal on everything but my hubs and had it all including the WAO rims in stock. 10/10 would shop there again.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
2 of the 3 big capacitors look a little poofed up. I would undsolder those and replace them. Good as new when she's over. Just replace all the caps while your in there!
I think the board itself has issues since I wasn't able to get continuity in many places even on both sides of the rectifiers/diodes, it could have been cathode related but without a signal gen and ox scope it would be a vain attempt.

I picked up a complete used one and will call it a day. Apparently, those parts are pretty hard to find right now as are new inverters. I will count myself lucky to find a used one inside a day's drive.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@gonefirefightin yeah i would consider yourself lucky! When you get the old board out and have them side by side do some quick tests between them both and see whats different, for science of course.

I've been fixing circuit boards at work for 1.5 years now and I am amazed at how often its the capacitors and power supply components on the boards that are causing the problems. Something like 85% of the time thats been the problem in my work.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin yeah i would consider yourself lucky! When you get the old board out and have them side by side do some quick tests between them both and see whats different, for science of course.

I've been fixing circuit boards at work for 1.5 years now and I am amazed at how often its the capacitors and power supply components on the boards that are causing the problems. Something like 85% of the time thats been the problem in my work.
If I had a shop with all my scopes and bench tools I would tinker for sure but living on the road poses some challenges, just bench-tested the replacement and it works fine so in the coach, it goes.

The thing weighs over 50 lbs and it mounts to the underside and inbetween the frame rails in the basement of the coach so I have to use a bottle jack and a chuck of 2x6 to hold it up in place while I throw in the bolts, absolute pain in the ass.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It was one of those "favorite author" and "dream vacation" question combos. Where I want to go changes. Fuck if I remember what it was? And author? Full name? Last name? I can't remember this shit.
@SkaredShtles uses LastPass, I use 1Password... both have notes fields where you can jot down this sort of sh!t.
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.45.25 PM.png

Currently in Salida deciding where to get dinner.
Good luck! You didn't ask, and I didn't really mention when you texted me about 'stuff to do with the family', but Salida is *not* known as a culinary hotspot. The meager choices here are generally fine for me and Teh Spousal Unit™ but someone with more refined tastes/expectations such as yourself and wifey will most certainly be... underwhelmed.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
@SkaredShtles uses LastPass, I use 1Password... both have notes fields where you can jot down this sort of sh!t.
View attachment 183456

Good luck! You didn't ask, and I didn't really mention when you texted me about 'stuff to do with the family', but Salida is *not* known as a culinary hotspot. The meager choices here are generally fine for me and Teh Spousal Unit™ but someone with more refined tastes/expectations such as yourself and wifey will most certainly be... underwhelmed.
That said... get some tacos!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No CX Ray? Do you even build wheelz, bro? :D
I considered it, but the total cost was a bigger constraint than the weight savings. This build wasn't budget.

That said, if y'all need wheels or wheel parts, check Custom Wheel Builder in Colorado Springs. This shop hooked me up with a solid deal on everything but my hubs and had it all including the WAO rims in stock. 10/10 would shop there again.
Cxrys on a mountain wheelset are a pain in the balls. Snapped many in my last wheelset with them.
I've not bought from there yet, but definitely mocked up wheels to see what they would cost.

Call ended up being 4:04. Actual conversation was 4min.

Currently in Salida deciding where to get dinner. @Full Trucker
You mean there's no Red Robin?? What kind of ass range town is that?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Supposed to get down to 29 tonight. Already feels cold. Going to have to put on some pants to go to the studio and it’s only October. This is some Bullshit right here !
back to 60s by friday. just in time for a fuckit day in the hills!

assembling ingredients for taco tuesday. let's see if i can top epic nacho sunday. not sure if it's possible as sunday involved both beef and chicken and i only have bison on hand tonight. i'll give it the old college try though.

in other news, this fucker is feeling tired. need a few nights of bed before midnight to recharge, methinks.

in other other news, need to get plane tickets for me and the kids to visit parents in maine weekend after next. pops says he's probably moving mom to memory care place later this year. she's gonna be furious but he can't deal anymore. shit that's already awkward is about to get super awkward...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
back to 60s by friday. just in time for a fuckit day in the hills!

assembling ingredients for taco tuesday. let's see if i can top epic nacho sunday. not sure if it's possible as sunday involved both beef and chicken and i only have bison on hand tonight. i'll give it the old college try though.

in other news, this fucker is feeling tired. need a few nights of bed before midnight to recharge, methinks.

in other other news, need to get plane tickets for me and the kids to visit parents in maine weekend after next. pops says he's probably moving mom to memory care place later this year. she's gonna be furious but he can't deal anymore. shit that's already awkward is about to get super awkward...
You know what to do. https://www.greensborocoliseum.com/events/detail/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-world-tour-2022

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I dunno how dudes that age manage to have so much energy. On the road all the time, rocking half the night away. Just the idea of going to a concert makes me tired.

They must have some good cocaine or something.
Right. All I know is it was the best show I ever experienced.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
From my suspect email box :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

F r i e n d,

Pardon my invading your privacy, I am currently looking for a partnership i n v e s t m e n t in your c o u n t r y because I intend to i n v e s t t in y o u r country as long as you are able to cooperate and do this b u s i n e s s
with me. Your d o not know me but Ig o t your information in s e a r c h of ab u s i n e s s partner in y o u r country. I am B a r. Michael Matthias (E s q) an a t t o r n e y to MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER from Munich, Germany, a deceased Immigrant and Property magnate, Also referred to as my client. On the 25th of July 2000, my client, his wife and their two Children died in the Air France concord plane crash
bound for New York in their plan for a world cruise.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

Before the d e a t h of Mr. Andrea Schranner, I assisted him to i n v e s t some f u n d s with a reputable bank in the Denmark; now the funds are matured and were deposited into his Local account in the United States. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the m o n e y and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by his bank particularly, the bank has issued me a notice to provide any of his n e x t of kiin or have the account confiscated within a short time.

I now seek your consent to present you as the next of kiin of the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account valued at $20.5 m i l l i o n dolla can be paid to youu, and then you and I can share the m o n e y. The mode of shearing will be discussed on your interest in assisting in the t r a n s a c t i o n. I have all necessary information that can be used to back up any C l a i m we may make.

All I require is your honest co-opperaation to enable us to see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate a r r a n g e m e n t that will protect you from any breach of the law. Trust me, as his a t t o r n e y; this is a Risk f r e e business r e l a t i o n s h i p. Please get in toucch with me if you are i n t e r e s t e d and I shall discuss f u r t h e r about this t r a n s a c t i o n up?on your r e s p o n s e to this message?.

Best regards,???

Michael Matthia

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
From my suspect email box :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

F r i e n d,

Pardon my invading your privacy, I am currently looking for a partnership i n v e s t m e n t in your c o u n t r y because I intend to i n v e s t t in y o u r country as long as you are able to cooperate and do this b u s i n e s s
with me. Your d o not know me but Ig o t your information in s e a r c h of ab u s i n e s s partner in y o u r country. I am B a r. Michael Matthias (E s q) an a t t o r n e y to MR. ANDREAS SCHRANNER from Munich, Germany, a deceased Immigrant and Property magnate, Also referred to as my client. On the 25th of July 2000, my client, his wife and their two Children died in the Air France concord plane crash
bound for New York in their plan for a world cruise.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

Before the d e a t h of Mr. Andrea Schranner, I assisted him to i n v e s t some f u n d s with a reputable bank in the Denmark; now the funds are matured and were deposited into his Local account in the United States. I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the m o n e y and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by his bank particularly, the bank has issued me a notice to provide any of his n e x t of kiin or have the account confiscated within a short time.

I now seek your consent to present you as the next of kiin of the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account valued at $20.5 m i l l i o n dolla can be paid to youu, and then you and I can share the m o n e y. The mode of shearing will be discussed on your interest in assisting in the t r a n s a c t i o n. I have all necessary information that can be used to back up any C l a i m we may make.

All I require is your honest co-opperaation to enable us to see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate a r r a n g e m e n t that will protect you from any breach of the law. Trust me, as his a t t o r n e y; this is a Risk f r e e business r e l a t i o n s h i p. Please get in toucch with me if you are i n t e r e s t e d and I shall discuss f u r t h e r about this t r a n s a c t i o n up?on your r e s p o n s e to this message?.

Best regards,???

Michael Matthia
I fail to see the downside to this opportunity.