Quantcast

→→→2fer GMT ←←←

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
While I did not get out for a morning ride this a.m. I am going for an after work pedal... hopefully it hasn't all turned to moondust by 5pm. Also, I've been eyeballing this "event" for a while and I think I am gonna sign up this year...

http://thecougarslayer.com/ride/

Any interest in joining me @6thElement ? I would just be looking to complete the whole route, not to "race" it or anything... Registration is a refundable $25, which one can choose to "donate" to the race in exchange for a finisher's belt buckle. Seems legit.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
While I did not get out for a morning ride this a.m. I am going for an after work pedal... hopefully it hasn't all turned to moondust by 5pm. Also, I've been eyeballing this "event" for a while and I think I am gonna sign up this year...

http://thecougarslayer.com/ride/

Any interest in joining me @6thElement ? I would just be looking to complete the whole route, not to "race" it or anything... Registration is a refundable $25, which one can choose to "donate" to the race in exchange for a finisher's belt buckle. Seems legit.
62 miles
9,172 ft gain
12,027 ft descent

:think: is shuttling involved?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin...errr, afternoon!

Left the Tetons yesterday; hiked Lake Solitude which was hands down, no questions asked the most spectacular hike I’ve ever done.

Hanging out in Bozeman, MT area today. Gotta run some errands before heading back to Big Sky. Fun times ahead!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I brought my dad and kid to work today. This cancer is kicking his ass, a month ago he was driving himself. Now he needs help getting in the car. Fucking bummer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Left the Tetons yesterday; hiked Lake Solitude which was hands down, no questions asked the most spectacular hike I’ve ever done.

Hanging out in Bozeman, MT area today. Gotta run some errands before heading back to Big Sky. Fun times ahead!
check out alter bike shop in brozeman.....they do weekly rides/shindigs at their shop...and check out sklar bikes...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My father in law went to the hospital on Saturday because of severe back pain. He has a cyst on his spine that has grown enough to pinch his nerves. The hospital kept him "for observation". Today my wife took the train to go see him (125 miles away). Apparently, the pressure was enough that he's lost the use of his legs. They could operate, but he's frail and might not survive. He broke his hip a couple of years back, and while in surgery had two heart attacks. So the options at the moment seem to be: surgery and risk not surviving, or live with pain and not walk. Or that's what it seems based on my limited text exchanges with my wife. such a shitty situation.

I'm going to go pick up my boys from camp now. I'm going to give them an extra big hug.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

I see how you are* -- oh well, I'm in the weeds anyways today.

*coming to my own hometown, and not buying me beer for beta from last year's Yellowstone/Beartooth excusion.

#justkidding
#notreally

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I see how you are* -- oh well, I'm in the weeds anyways today.

*coming to my own hometown, and not buying me beer for beta from last year's Yellowstone/Beartooth excusion.

#justkidding
#notreally
Wait...home = Bozeman? Also, when are you going to be in Glacier through? The wife and I are planning to arrive on Sunday and stay for 3 or so days.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode a horse on an Oregon coast beach today, with Yuna ahead of me on the saddle. Mariko rode with Jessica out and then my mom back. Beach is windy as fuck.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

you guys have any plans to come east and visit the tiny mountains?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Wait...home = Bozeman? Also, when are you going to be in Glacier through? The wife and I are planning to arrive on Sunday and stay for 3 or so days.
Yeah, I live in BZN but have been spending 5+ nights a week down in Idaho fixing up a rental cabin.

We're heading up to Glacier on Thursday for 10 glorious nights (5 @ Fish Creek, 5 at Many Glacier) but we have friends visiting from DC so our schedule will be tight.

No worries, I'm jealous of your trip, and please reach out if you have any Qs re: camping/biking/tacos/beer

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If Yellowstone blows, they are predicting that New Zealand might be the only habitable place on the entire planet.
thinking NZ is going to let anyone is precious if that is the case.