Quantcast

→→→2fer GMT ←←←

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was on the road today, 101 miles, 10750ft climbing, with most of the ride above 7500ft.

Ready to eat everything now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
While I did not get out for a morning ride this a.m. I am going for an after work pedal... hopefully it hasn't all turned to moondust by 5pm. Also, I've been eyeballing this "event" for a while and I think I am gonna sign up this year...

http://thecougarslayer.com/ride/

Any interest in joining me @6thElement ? I would just be looking to complete the whole route, not to "race" it or anything... Registration is a refundable $25, which one can choose to "donate" to the race in exchange for a finisher's belt buckle. Seems legit.
Let me get back to you.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
I brought my dad and kid to work today. This cancer is kicking his ass, a month ago he was driving himself. Now he needs help getting in the car. Fucking bummer.
My father in law went to the hospital on Saturday because of severe back pain. He has a cyst on his spine that has grown enough to pinch his nerves. The hospital kept him "for observation". Today my wife took the train to go see him (125 miles away). Apparently, the pressure was enough that he's lost the use of his legs. They could operate, but he's frail and might not survive. He broke his hip a couple of years back, and while in surgery had two heart attacks. So the options at the moment seem to be: surgery and risk not surviving, or live with pain and not walk. Or that's what it seems based on my limited text exchanges with my wife. such a shitty situation.

I'm going to go pick up my boys from camp now. I'm going to give them an extra big hug.
I lost my dad last year when he fell and broke his femur. He had cancer and was too weak to overcome the injury. SPent three days in hospice. It was pretty rough. I Feel for both of you

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
you guys have any plans to come east and visit the tiny mountains?
Yeppers. The plan at the moment is to head up to AK to grab the last of summer, follow fall down through BC/AB, then make our way back to the East Coast for Christmas. After that we are planning to head down the East Coast, across the Gulf Coast, then to the Southwest to enjoy the desert before it gets too hot.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, we are building a mud room, which is great...but found out today that we have to lose two thirty year old shade trees.
Bummer.
We are finding out if one can be moved (~$800, with a 50% success rate) but the other is a goner.
In a pinch we can plant some aspens which would take about 10 years to be significant...
Any landscapers in the house?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeppers. The plan at the moment is to head up to AK to grab the last of summer, follow fall down through BC/AB, then make our way back to the East Coast for Christmas. After that we are planning to head down the East Coast, across the Gulf Coast, then to the Southwest to enjoy the desert before it gets too hot.

If'n you make it near Seattle, holla.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
is that the cove in the background? visible from your estate??
The monocle helps see the peekaboo views... Not quite Deep Cove. I think I'm still technically alongside Burrard Inlet.

I'm more interested in the fact that my house is 0.4667 miles away from the trail head.