Quantcast

∂∂∂∂∂∂ Friday Full Belly GTM ∆∆∆∆∆∆

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ironically, that's where my wife is from. Do not recommend. Buffalo probably wins that one. :D
moms is from buffalo, dad is from dayton. worst place i've ever been, iirc, was staying in holiday inn in somewhere horrible, ohio (zanesville?) back in the late 90s when moving from chicago to charlottesville. never slept a wink that night...sirens and weird noises all night long. shoulda just kept driving...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You mentioned that the other day, what else is Maverick up to these days?
It's a little service/bike shop, mtg recommended them for trade shock service with a little rebound tweak for the GG's.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
moms is from buffalo, dad is from dayton. worst place i've ever been, iirc, was staying in holiday inn in somewhere horrible, ohio (zanesville?) back in the late 90s when moving from chicago to charlottesville. never slept a wink that night...sirens and weird noises all night long. shoulda just kept driving...
Spent a lot of time in Dayton for work at a GM plant in Dayton. Right next to where the machines I was installing was a giant pit where they were trying to remove all the heavy metals from the soil from a chrome plating line that had been leaking for 50+ years. The plant was built directly on top of the Dayton municipal water wells. So if you notice any unusual behavior from your father, that is a possible explaination. I fucking hated that town with a burning passion.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On a side note, I'm about the nail in the last piece of baseboard in the house. Just need to caulk this one, since it's on the shower edge, then I'm done. Everything is getting packed up for my buddy.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Was thinking about this today, if all single track in insanely crowded urban areas were 18” wide, no one would get anywhere, and there would be more fighting among user groups.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was thinking about this today, if all single track in insanely crowded urban areas were 18” wide, no one would get anywhere, and there would be more fighting among user groups.
It's possible... but yeah a delicate touch is needed.

These trails are all pretty skinny, maybe not THESE exact ones, but most are like this or narrower. These trails are in downtown Toronto. Doesn't get much more idiotic than that. But somehow it works, mostly..

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's possible... but yeah a delicate touch is needed.

These trails are all pretty skinny, maybe not THESE exact ones, but most are like this or narrower. These trails are in downtown Toronto. Doesn't get much more idiotic than that. But somehow it works, mostly..
Watching guys on XC bikes go fast is awkward.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got a few lol's out of what they were calling "sketchy".
The video doesn't show it but some of those trails have a significant fall factor down to the right, it's super steep.

This is the bridge with railing that they call sketchy. The trail is pretty easy, just don't fall down. It's a drop and a half....and you end up in a steep bog of poo water thats coming out of some random pipes in the ground. :rofl:

They're also running Maxxis Forekasters, of course it's sketchy :busted:

The video doesn't show it but some of those trails have a significant fall factor down to the right, it's super steep.

This is the bridge with railing that they call sketchy. The trail is pretty easy, just don't fall down. It's a drop and a half....and you end up in a steep bog of poo water thats coming out of some random pipes in the ground. :rofl:

Looks just like some stuff we had in Colchester...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What loop you got planned?
We had planned on riding Hiline to the Hogs to Hangover (with a bunch of connecting stuff like Slim Shady and HT and Little Horse) but we were running short on time so we skipped the Hogs in favor of Broken Arrow to connect over to Hangover. I am not too proud to say that a few things on Hangover scared the ever living shit out of me.

Edit to add a pic from Hiline…

176C1505-8B6A-4653-975D-A8722CECCE09.jpeg

And the top of Hangover…

3F535E64-ED61-4DD8-85C3-6908A658702D.jpeg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Looks like a scene from WWI