Quantcast

∆°` Suddenly Sunday GMT `°∆

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
In the shed with coffee. Have to take my kid to a birthday thing at a zoo. Gunna be hot and crowded. Im not happy about it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think I shall wake up before dawn tomorrow and get a quick lap in at White Ranch before work. Seems more fun than tame Green Mountain trails at night with lights tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Exercise! Ran a hilly 5K race in 19:37 yesterday, though the course was long (3.18 miles) so that cost me about 30 seconds. Still a good race. 3rd place overall. This morning I rode the tri bike 65 miles (19.6 mph) followed by a 5.4 mile run, all at a pretty hard effort. Good times. I had to layer up on the bike ride. Tights, arm warmers, gloves, and a long sleeve shirt under the jersey. 50 degrees!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How is the 403 descent to Gothic Rd?
I'd last done 403 10 years ago and vaguely recalled the final stretch being steep.

After riding it again today I think a good chunk of the dirt has washed away in the last decade. Steep, plenty of loose rocks on it too. You actually get higher up on 403 than you do at the top of 401.

It's a brake cooker fo sho.

edit: The descent at mile 12 is the final stretch down to Gothic. 403 started at ~8.7 miles.
profile.png

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley bought her first Technics set today; a roller coaster. She had the choice of Hot Wheels at O'Reilly's or going to Target for the Technics. She chose the latter, which was awesome imho.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
don’t let it take over...one day i’ll snap a pic of our 13yo’s room... :fie:
Little girl doing things that lead to STEM interest? I'll let it take over if she wants it to.

She's been telling me that she wants to go to Cal. I told her that smart isn't enough, you have to work incredibly hard and never give up. The Legos and now Technics/Kinex are on that track.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Little girl doing things that lead to STEM interest? I'll let it take over if she wants it to.

She's been telling me that she wants to go to Cal. I told her that smart isn't enough, you have to work incredibly hard and never give up. The Legos and now Technics/Kinex are on that track.
oh, don’t get me wrong, i think in concept legos are awesome for creativity, engineering, etc...just not when they are all a kid wants for presents for 8 years, plus you’ve given them all of your old ones, and they cover every surface and inch of floor in the room and gather massive amounts of dust...

tuning up the bike and drinking burial ipasssss

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fucking 5 year old water heater decided to take a shit tonight. Draining whats left outside using a garden hose. Probably lost 5 gallons onto the garage floor before we caught it. Showering in the camper is the back up option