Quantcast

∆¶∆ mid crappola gmt ∆¶∆

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Entered a statewide Strava segment challenge that starts in January yesterday. Road, Gravel, Mountain Bike all rotate in and out. Pretty creative way to stay fit for a few months.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still reeling over the news from @binary visions that I cant have the animated avatar, not sure I will ever be the same again. So empty inside.

In other news,

USPS is fvcking with my RMSS delivery date. I am not saying there will be violence but, if they delay the last piece of this shipment one more day I will come unglued. Possibly even go jason statham or jason bourne or even just jason. Wait, this is a new age, * I will wear a flat brim and go Kyle...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi all. slept like a bag of hammers. MC hammers

I finally have all of my RMSS stuff in. It's probably not going to get out the door until shortly before xmas, but I think it'll be a decent package. So, dear elf, enjoy my package. It's decent.

Feeling the holiday joy today. I want to crawl in a hole and prepare for death. At least my car was marginally less squeaky this morning!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Waking up at 7:30 means I was only 30 minutes late walking in to my office this morning, oops.

Hey @stoney how does it feel living in a dumb school district? Anything you can do about last nights no more masks decision?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Still reeling over the news from @binary visions that I cant have the animated avatar, not sure I will ever be the same again. So empty inside.

In other news,

USPS is fvcking with my RMSS delivery date. I am not saying there will be violence but, if they delay the last piece of this shipment one more day I will come unglued. Possibly even go jason statham or jason bourne or even just jason. Wait, this is a new age, * I will wear a flat brim and go Kyle...
Chug a monster and pretend the post office is a fresh sheet of drywall.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
last year my elf got their RMSS in two shipments. one item in particular was delayed into january, didn't make any progress until i filed it missing. last item for my elf didn't get to them until early february.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Waking up at 7:30 means I was only 30 minutes late walking in to my office this morning, oops.

Hey @stoney how does it feel living in a dumb school district? Anything you can do about last nights no more masks decision?
1. Unfortunately the idiots are south, but there are a lot of them.
2. Haley is still required to wear a mask by us. She makes enough snarky comments about people who don't, so I have no concerns about her continuing to wear it.
3. Just intrigued to see how long it will be until more teachers start quitting. If it's bad enough and they are getting replaced by bible crazies (they seem to go hand in hand with these policies), Wifey might actually get me to move - as long as it's out of district.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey might actually get me to move - as long as it's out of district.
My kids are very happy at Polaris (within DPS), fwiw.

/me is working 2-10 PM today from home. Going to wing a noon lecture to the residents via Zoom before that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man time is fucking flying by. I honestly didn't really clue in that Christmas is in two weeks. I have yet to even start gathering anything for it.

Lovely start to the morning; just got off a call with a manager from the building that I've been helping out (their IT pretty much up and quit). They're looking at using an existing system for something, which I told them straight up "I don't know if it works like that, I will have to ask the vendor" yadda yadda yadda. Dude got heated and started swearing and proclaiming "well what the fuck I've been doing this for ten years blah blah blah fuck blah".

Just went silent for a moment and told him that I'm just trying to help you guys, with a problem that you yourself don't even fully understand. Also expressed frustration in the whole thing, why try to invent something new when "you've been doing it for ten years" - should have probably held back that comment, oh well. Guy just hung up the call.

Oh well. I guess some people just have a short fuse.

GIVE ME SOME COFFEE

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I honestly didn't really clue in that Christmas is in two weeks. I have yet to even start gathering anything for it.
:popcorn:

went over all the stuff for the kids the other night, need to get 1 or 2 things for my son. just remembered i have an MTB jersey stored away for him.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I was seriously disappointed with the performance of those saws. Was really looking forward to saw frame that would stay true. And by the looks of the design it should. Tried the first one and it doesn’t cut any straighter than a standard saw frame. Not worth the price. But your mileage may very as I am particularly hard on saw frames.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Presentation later today.

Spent almost 4hrs on Teams meeting with Director in charge of sales final yesterday getting our pieces put together, since we'll be bouncing off each other and doing our parts intertwined with one another. Feel a LOT better about it and my notes/scripting is going to be taken as the baseline for others in my role for future presentations. Given I used to do this type of work (large B2B sales), but haven't in 10+ years, it really was just a matter of getting a cadence together and comfortable with it again. Here's to hoping I don't choke in real life.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

I too am enjoying bean extract. Fancy that.

Tool shopping. On the hunt for a coping saw amongst other things.
If you're planning on doing square baseboards, I've been using a Japanese handsaw and it's been way easier than using a coping saw I'm actually regretting having bought a coping saw at this point

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Presentation later today.

Spent almost 4hrs on Teams meeting with Director in charge of sales final yesterday getting our pieces put together, since we'll be bouncing off each other and doing our parts intertwined with one another. Feel a LOT better about it and my notes/scripting is going to be taken as the baseline for others in my role for future presentations. Given I used to do this type of work (large B2B sales), but haven't in 10+ years, it really was just a matter of getting a cadence together and comfortable with it again. Here's to hoping I don't choke in real life.
you'll do fine. and if you don't, we'll tell the authorities we had no idea you could rip people's arms off.