Quantcast

∆¶∆ mid crappola gmt ∆¶∆

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Saw those in my travels but was having a hard time justifying 5X the price of a basic, yet decent one. Though I'm certainly open to it, I have no problem spending money for decent tools.

If you're planning on doing square baseboards, I've been using a Japanese handsaw and it's been way easier than using a coping saw I'm actually regretting having bought a coping saw at this point
Thinking mainly for crown molding, though perhaps some baseboard too. I should probably have some Japanese saws anyway for flush cutting dowels and the like.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I never understood what that "picture the audience naked" was supposed to do to alleviate nervousness. I'd still be just as anxious, except now I'm hiding behind the lectern concealing a throbbing boner.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Then consider the following instead

Dolt
Moron
Buffoon
Pratt
Dunderhead
Block-head
Air-head
Scatterbrain
Half wit
Imbecile
Ninny
Simpleton
Dimwit
Oaf
Fool
Nincompoop

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Going to try and make it through the day without calling anyone a dipshit, probably won't make it.
living in my neck of the woods....fuckstick and shitbird get the most use

in my mind....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saw those in my travels but was having a hard time justifying 5X the price of a basic, yet decent one. Though I'm certainly open to it, I have no problem spending money for decent tools.

Thinking mainly for crown molding, though perhaps some baseboard too. I should probably have some Japanese saws anyway for flush cutting dowels and the like.
I found the using my quick square to physically give a straight edge to start the cut was the best way when using it. Really good for those fine end cuts.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Honestly never used the Knew, I use a shitty $5 coping saw from Homeless Depot. I pretty much only use it for removing material from joints before paring with a chisel, but even then I mainly use a router because I'm not Amish and don't feel the need to be a "handtools only" guy.

For molding work a coping foot on a cordless jigsaw is the shit!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Honestly never used the Knew, I use a shitty $5 coping saw from Homeless Depot. I pretty much only use it for removing material from joints before paring with a chisel, but even then I mainly use a router because I'm not Amish and don't feel the need to be a "handtools only" guy.

For molding work a coping foot on a cordless jigsaw is the shit!
I've had the Collins Tool Co. coping foot bookmarked for a while, just never pulled the trigger. It work well? I was always semi-worried that the jigsaw would feel a bit cumbersome for that task. Right now I have a barrel gripped Bosch, and it's a pretty substantial tool.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I've had the Collins Tool Co. coping foot bookmarked for a while, just never pulled the trigger. It work well? I was always semi-worried that the jigsaw would feel a bit cumbersome for that task. Right now I have a barrel gripped Bosch, and it's a pretty substantial tool.
I like the jigsaw method, it takes some getting used to for sure, but the speed is hard to beat. Some saws are defintely easier to hold upside down than others, my Makita is pretty comfortable, if I did more than 1 room of molding every 10 months I may spring for a Festool, the Karvex is the shit for coping, but also costs more than the nation of Denmark.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kinda pissed. Victory is not brewing Winter Cheer as their winter seasonal. It was one of my favorite winter seasonal beers, and among the better wheat beers. They replaced it with another hazy IPA. Kill List.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We got it. They already decided and we got it!

And apparently I'm going to be incorporated into the short-notice sales team...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We got it. They already decided and we got it!

And apparently I'm going to be incorporated into the short-notice sales team...
Congratulations Stoney, and also not-congrats for the short term sales role I guess? Or are you rolling on the high right now?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not worth the hype, at least not the Carbon fiber one. Stupid pivot bolt is only too loose or too tight, no way to get it right. Luckily I found this one in the dirt so the price was right
Ah, my North Fork is like that. I can never find the sweet spot. Maybe some blue loctite is in order?

My Mini Adamas, Bugout, and Mini Bugout are solid. They also have 4 years less wear and tear on them too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats? That second part sounds an awful lot like they want you to do more of this same thing, no?
Being rewarded for not being incompetent by having more stressful events added to one's docket

:D

so yes, congrats?