Quantcast

∆•∆•∆ Sam-dee GMT ∆•∆•∆

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Not much going on. Will assemble some cabinets today and go for a walk with the pups.

Trails are unridabru.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah's birthday party at 11am. Wifey is freaking out over every detail.

I have to change the throttle cable and housing, and replace one length of fuel hose on Haley's kart today. I got a modular tool chest setup yesterday, so I started moving karting stuff and larger tools into it. I have everything transitioned from tool bags already with leftover apace, and my rolling toolbag is actually accessible now. It should make packing and unpacking much easier, as there is only one footprint vs. three tool bags.

Found someone selling all of their karting stuff, so I might be able to get a nicer folding stand, kart rain cover, and lead (at $1/lb) less than the cost of the stand alone. And I should be able to sell my stand to offset about half of it. My current stand doesn't break down and is one of the hardest parts of packing up the stuff.

She has a race tomorrow morning (@Nick if you feel like swinging by), so need to get it all done and packed into the trailer tonight.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meh. coffeeing. taking kid to his rugby game. replacing new gate post on backyard fence. sounds like an epic day, eh?

also, anytime seattle wants its weather back would be just great, mmmmkay?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Well below freezing today, I shall ride. Trails should be frozen and good.

Now if I could just find my damn warm riding gloves. I have a feeling that left them on the roof of my car on Wednesday night... :banghead:

Told a friend that I'd goto a Christmas party tonight. Kinda sorta really would rather just not. Hmm...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Another week of perfect weather ends in rain on Saturday, guess this is Jesus’s way of telling me I’m better off grumpy and shouldn’t ride bikes to get happy

Calling the financial advisor Monday inform her I need to retire at 36 instead of 55, this is bullshit.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Omelette, coffee, may run to the local kart track for a quick look this weekend if there is anything going on. @stoney if I do anything stupid in the next few months I’m blaming you.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Calling the financial advisor Monday inform her I need to retire at 36 instead of 55, this is bullshit.
You'd be surprised what you can get away with if you keep your income low enough. You can get govt supplemented healthcare on the Exchange, which will save a ton. That's not normal advisor level creativity though. You need to get a CFP involved; worth their weight in gold in those situations.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hello!

company party last night was fun. today is chilling and chores, gotta get the RFX cleaned up and listed, dinner later, tomorrow skiing. BOOM, it's like that.

You gonna do some real touring, or use it a a gravel bike? From where you are, I would probably tour the Eastern Provinces before anywhere below the border.
I do lots of what I call mixed media riding, pavement/gravel/off road.

I have a Lance wannabe road bike that I don't like, no provision for fenders, drop bars, all that. I wanted backswept bars, disk brakes, no plastic, no batteries, ability to mount a rear rack if/when I might want. I saw a Hog's Back mentioned in the past week either here or on JORBA's site, looked it up, liked it.

Today I drove down to Analog Cycles in Poultney (good shop, no plastic, no carbon, no batteries), saw and rode one, fell in love, and paid for one. It's inheriting the seat and pedals from the Fort road bike, and it'll probably get a dropper post in relatively short order.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The freakin white stuff falling out of the sky again... 8" this time, overnight.

At least shoveling snow is kind of like exercise.

I decided I need a 4x4 backhoe. That would get the job done nicely.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skied

shall ski an hour and a half tomorrow with elder kid +/- middle kid as well

B91354D4-0A79-46A2-BB62-0C467FE8A237.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I do lots of what I call mixed media riding, pavement/gravel/off road.

I have a Lance wannabe road bike that I don't like, no provision for fenders, drop bars, all that. I wanted backswept bars, disk brakes, no plastic, no batteries, ability to mount a rear rack if/when I might want. I saw a Hog's Back mentioned in the past week either here or on JORBA's site, looked it up, liked it.

Today I drove down to Analog Cycles in Poultney (good shop, no plastic, no carbon, no batteries), saw and rode one, fell in love, and paid for one. It's inheriting the seat and pedals from the Fort road bike, and it'll probably get a dropper post in relatively short order.
Have recently come to the conclusion that a nice hardtail with two sets of wheels is all one really needs for a bike, unless you are road racing, but why would you do that?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Have recently come to the conclusion that a nice hardtail with two sets of wheels is all one really needs for a bike, unless you are road racing, but why would you do that?
boo this man. an efficient enderpo bike plus legs is the one bike to rule them all. my solution for 15+ years. the best.