Quantcast

∆∆∆∆ Heatwave Thursday ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Unseasonable hot in Copenhagen. Not sure if I can find the motivation to ride today or like yesterday head to the beach and drink a beer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:dead:

Woke up to rain and hail in the middle of the night. Shortly after I went back to sleep small dog started tippy-tapping up and down the hallway, so had to let her out. Never really went back to sleep.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Next door neighbor street parked his truck last night. Some dingbat hit it this morning. I heard it happen, looked outside to make sure they didn't just drive away. Thankfully they did not. Hit hard enough the truck almost jumped the curb.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rode my bike last night. Found myself in the single track of poison ivy hell. Now we wait to see if my uncovered legs were touched.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Easy day, got my brain MRI done, it made the muscles on the inside of my knees spasm.
Asked the operator if I was imagining things, she said nope, it happens but they don't warn people because it doesn't happen too often and isn't a problem.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
part of the trails closest to me are unrideable from late spring to mid/late fall due to stinging nettles.
Ughhhh I couldn't imagine that. The PI in some spots of the trails at the Stewart Buffer zone gets bad. There isn't a ton of trail maintenance that happens eithers. The trails I rode last night I hadn't ridden in several years so I wasn't too familiar with. Probably won't ride them again for several more years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ughhhh I couldn't imagine that. The PI in some spots of the trails at the Stewart Buffer zone gets bad. There isn't a ton of trail maintenance that happens eithers. The trails I rode last night I hadn't ridden in several years so I wasn't too familiar with. Probably won't ride them again for several more years.
yea, there's some extended sections of trail its impossible to miss. only solution is pants, which is a no-go when its over 90F and humid.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I always used to enjoy SSing the trails at Stewart. DH40 and Singlespeedapolooza were great fun.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
second round of espresso is being consumed. Had to go into the office at 5am to swap out the M Tank on an ambulance because my Millennials at to weak and lame to to accomplish the task. Sucks being the OPS Mgr sometimes but the 20% raise that kicked in on Sept 1 makes it less painful.

another day of 100F+ temps

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
second round of espresso is being consumed. Had to go into the office at 5am to swap out the M Tank on an ambulance because my Millennials at to weak and lame to to accomplish the task. Sucks being the OPS Mgr sometimes but the 20% raise that kicked in on Sept 1 makes it less painful.

another day of 100F+ temps
ok boomer

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Seriously, this is why contracted Amazon drivers should have a rooftop sign or something. This dude creeping through my hood looks suspect. Is he leaving packages or taking them? Maybe he's swapping packages just to fuck with people?

PXL_20240905_154231373.jpg