Quantcast

^∆^ Monday gmt ^∆^

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got yelled at yesterday.
I was at a gay/les bar with friends for a birthday party. The aggressive spanking of the birthday girl by our crew triggered the wrath of a Karen who almost asked for the manager. We were all convinced it was a joke, but she kept ranting at us until we stopped, just to keep shit from escalating (I’M A PATRON HERE AND YOU CAN’T DO THAT!!!)
...and then we went outside and continued the ass beating against a chain link fence, at the request of the birthday girl.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got yelled at yesterday.
I was at a gay/les bar with friends for a birthday party. The aggressive spanking of the birthday girl by our crew triggered the wrath of a Karen who almost asked for the manager. We were all convinced it was a joke, but she kept ranting at us until we stopped, just to keep shit from escalating (I’M A PATRON HERE AND YOU CAN’T DO THAT!!!)
...and then we went outside and continued the ass beating against a chain link fence, at the request of the birthday girl.
you should have told karen what the plans for the after party were, and told her to thank you for keeping it mild in public.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Top restaurants in my area
Chili's
Applebee's
Golden Corral
Bob Evan's

Top hat and monocle options
Red Lobster
Ruby Tuesday
We have your typical fast food joints along highways and interstates but corporate restaurants don't really exist here. Walmart has even failed to scar the landscape, to the great dismay of my father.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am living the working life. Going to an info session for a gifted and talented program at a local elementary school after work, and cooking a steak after that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's cool. If it is snow. And even if it isn't, then more power to ya if that's your thing

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if any of you colorado people have been to the devils head fire lookout....the gentleman who staffed it for the last 35 years retired at the spritely age of 87....hats off to you billy ellis...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Invoice didn't get processed last week cuz of that stupid trade show. :rant:
ran 3.25 miles on a mountain bike trail that looks pretty fun. soaked & steamed afterwards. now I am at the orifice with a hot project & a case of FTS cuz the already mentioned invoice issue. :rant:
hopefully I will get to ski fresh powder snow this friday.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
if any of you colorado people have been to the devils head fire lookout....the gentleman who staffed it for the last 35 years retired at the spritely age of 87....hats off to you billy ellis...
you passing around a card or some shit?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Phone screen tomorrow, resume sent off to a sweet full time gig, and another recruiter hit me up this morning. I am so tired of this shit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Good luck. Hopefully all your data has good backup.
The important stuff on the server was backed up, we only lost progress from midnight Thursday to close of business Friday, and we were mostly slacking off anyway being Friday and all. The IT weasels say they may not be able to unfuck 3 of our CAD workstations and 2 of the servers, so maybe new computer for me? Current one was replaced last time we got hacked, this time last year, I’m starting to suspect our IT and cyber security guys kinda suck at their jobs.

May not have to go in tomorrow, which would be a win

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The important stuff on the server was backed up, we only lost progress from midnight Thursday to close of business Friday, and we were mostly slacking off anyway being Friday and all. The IT weasels say they may not be able to unfuck 3 of our CAD workstations and 2 of the servers, so maybe new computer for me? Current one was replaced last time we got hacked, this time last year, I’m starting to suspect our IT and cyber security guys kinda suck at their jobs.

May not have to go in tomorrow, which would be a win
I'm guessing it's more of an understaffed and under budgeted type of situation.

The reality is that protecting data and providing training to end users is a full time gig, outside of "normal" IT work. Maybe companies unfortunately dont see the value in this, until it's too late.

It all starts with education down at the user level. There are so many ways for a hacker or something of that nature to work it's way into a business (social engineering, malware, legit emails, straight up asking for credential information....), it only takes one errant click to bring it all down.

And it sucks nowadays too as these malicious attacks are usually performed by people that know what they are doing (for the most...and/but criminals are still not the sharpest knife in the drawer). Even if you have your stuff backed up, you still aren't safe, they actively target those backups. Or infect in ways that future backups will be comprised.

In short, just bang your head against a wall when dealing with this shit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Facial hair on my lip has now merged with my nose hair, but only on the left side. I have entered a new phase in life.