Quantcast

<∆> Sunderping gmt <∆>

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ima be sick tomorrow...
Funny. I don’t feel well... might be coming down with something.
Copper? I'm thinking Copper. Haven't tried that with the kids yet, but has the pluses of being able to charge the Tesla in their Beeler lot (and at the Supercharger on the way home if traffic bad).

I floated the idea of me + kids going up tonight instead to the wife and she broke down with irrational crying, so I guess that plan isn't happening.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
told the kids they could have a movie night. tried to put in star wars v; put in vi by accident...still better than i-iii.

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
This is truly an epic travel day in the mountains. EB I-70 closed at Vail and per Google Maps also closed between Copper and Silverthorne. Fastest route back to Denver from Copper is this!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Copper? I'm thinking Copper. Haven't tried that with the kids yet, but has the pluses of being able to charge the Tesla in their Beeler lot (and at the Supercharger on the way home if traffic bad).

I floated the idea of me + kids going up tonight instead to the wife and she broke down with irrational crying, so I guess that plan isn't happening.
3 kid problems

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sweet jeebus:

I'm showing 2h 1m from my place to Copper at the moment, which is with some mild traffic. 3h 8m on the way back in comparison.
I left Copper at 12:30. I've been home for 30min.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well fuck. They finally figured out what is going on with my dad. Dehydration coupled with excess potassium in his diet shut down his Kidneys. He would have died if the nursing home hand not sent him to the ER. Renal doc doesn't see any non reversible complications. he need a kidney diet and liquids, worst case is that he will need dialysis for a few months. but he does have one kidney that is mostly functional and one that is fully shut down but at 96 he need both of them.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I left Copper at 12:30. I've been home for 30min.
You had to go south via Buena Vista? I figure worst case we get stranded there, have to spend the night, and they get another day of lessons.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You had to go south via Buena Vista? I figure worst case we get stranded there, have to spend the night, and they get another day of lessons.
No. We looped back to 70. Over an hour from Silverthorne to the tunnels; 1.5hrs to Georgetown; 1.5hrs to Idaho Springs, 1hr to home.

The 45min dogleg to Loveland Pass probably cost us 2hrs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Did some fabricating and welding on my friends Snow Machine trailer. Much success. Also got a new Chop saw and finally dispatched my old Milwaukee grinder for a new Dewault. Re bar concrete bricks iron railings or pipe fuck you...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The mercedes is going to get me in trouble. Its so smooth that I had to put it in cruise control to keep the speed down on I5. Before I kicked it in I would just be going with the flow of the other cars and look down at the speedo..90+ Set it to 78. LA to Livermore 330 miles in 5 hours on 3/4 of a tank of gas including two pee breaks and a fuel up 90 miles from home at a cheap station and the 20 minutes in city traffic to reach the freeway

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I was and it was super fun. Lap after lap after lap of thigh deep tree runs in Corona Bowl... beer at Very Nice Brewing after my legs exploded... pizza from Backcountry Pizza... and no I-70 gauntlet.
hmmmmm.... maybe. you found the goods it sounds like. the backside is fun & if you can ski the trees over there you can ski trees anywhere.