Quantcast

√π£ tuesfly gmt €π√

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I couldn't fall asleep. Still can't lose the flu/cold/ebola. Will train anyway today. Did some fancy stuff on the weekend. Family wants to screw me over financially again.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Last night was budget night at the town hall. They've budgeted $77k for land purchase for our organization. And last week we received a land donation of 73 acres. We now own 150 acres of land out of 400 for our entire network. Next up is another 65 acres to secure the core of the network. Great way to finish the year!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee then off to work. It's supposed to rain this afternoon so instead of riding I will work on the road bike. Last night the shifting was really sluggish, time to lube the shifter cable housings and the lever mechanism. I will probably put in an hour on the elliptical after that

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Snow last night was a dud...we were promised up to 6" but got maybe an inch (twss). Today's ice storm though seems to be delivering. I got up earlier than usual today to get my treadmill run done and drive into work before the ice got bad. I think I just made it. roffle

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How’s the job hunt/building burning plans going, IAB?

6 year old got sent home at end of day yesterday with 103 Freedums fever. She elected to have me snuggle with her from about midnight when she awoke, unhappy due to feeling sick.

It is good to be useful for something.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Got to love flying
1.tray table broke can't leave gate
2. Too much snow accumulation on engine's need to clean off
3. One engine has to be started manually
4.de Ice
5.tower delay
6. Land In Atlanta some one gets up to go to bathroom plane stops on tarmac and waits till someone is done taking a dump
7. No ground crew to get us to gate wait
8. No one to drive jetway to plane wait
9. Food service people open right side door without ok
10.they start fueling plane captain freaks out
11. Wait till food service and fueling stops
12. Jet way to plane get off plane have 6 minutes to go 15 min
13. Speculation I'm sure my bag gets lost

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yesterday's phone interview was the least interview I have had in a while. Great conversation with the hiring manager who is in Phoenix. There is an office downtown with almost nobody in it and most folks wfh 3 days a week. I have never worked in digital forensics, but it sounds totally cool. Going in to meet the 2 people I would work with on Thursday.

I would like it if they would keep me here to be honest. But working month to month is not ideal. See how Thursday goes, I am not sure if I am nervous yet or not.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
older rugrat got his braces off this morning. one of the younger rugrat's pet rats died this morning. the other one's not far behind. our whole building is rented out this morning for the MLS expansion announcement. yay futbol. calendar is blissfully clear of meetings. sounds like a lunchbeer kind of day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got to love flying
4.de Ice
5.tower delay
6. Land In Atlanta some one gets up to go to bathroom plane stops on tarmac and waits till someone is done taking a dump
good work @Pesqueeb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How’s the job hunt/building burning plans going, IAB?

6 year old got sent home at end of day yesterday with 103 Freedums fever. She elected to have me snuggle with her from about midnight when she awoke, unhappy due to feeling sick.

It is good to be useful for something.
Funny you should ask....that nutsack recruiter who reached out to me last week has not gotten back to me after I told him I was interested. Then, somebody else from the same agency sent me a separate message last night about the same position and asked if I was interested in talking. So I replied and said "Yes, for fuck sakes!" well, I'm paraphrasing there. So we'll see if that goes ignored again. In any case, my resume is updated and ready to go, which is a new development since last week.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got to love flying
4.de Ice
5.tower delay
#6 was you #2ing wasn't it?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got to love flying
4.de Ice
5.tower delay
"we know you had a choice in airlines, and you chose poorly."

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Too bad @stoney got the EV, this is hot.

I can't afford tires at that rate. On a side note, how many 'bought the power' people can actually drive that? If you get too cocky with that level of power, you're just asking for problems. Maybe I'm being arrogant but at ~500 my car gets ugh... exciting... at upper limits and I feel good at that to about 75-80%. It can get downright scary above that, though it doesn't have any nanny controls. But I've also spent a lot of time on track and karting learning how to push 4 wheels. 850 without any training or putting the time in? That could get sketchy as fuck.