Quantcast

√√√√√√√ Fridayzzz ∂∂∂∂∂∂∂

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Done! was onsite for 30 min, got all three trees down in under 15 mins. had flaggers on each end, road signs on each end, radios, lights traffic control etc.

I still got every Karen in town bitching and complaining.

Karen: "you know you have a sign in the middle of the road?

Me: yep, thats the point
Just tell them you're building a sex toy and anti-depressant emporium and they'll help you build.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I had a first today. I rode my bike to work today for the first time at any job ever. The only reason I could do it is because it's an ebike. Not only the speed allowed it but also that I could do it in jeans and a polo shirt and not be drenched in sweat.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I had a first today. I rode my bike to work today for the first time at any job ever. The only reason I could do it is because it's an ebike. Not only the speed allowed it but also that I could do it in jeans and a polo shirt and not be drenched in sweat.
: approve:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Homeless dude went though the garbage cans by the curb last night. He went through EVERYTHING I just stuffed in the bin last night. I hoped he enjoys old yogurt, black bananas, and q tips. I’m surprised he didn’t make use of the hair clippings from the last time I buzzed my skull.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Homeless dude went though the garbage cans by the curb last night. He went through EVERYTHING I just stuffed in the bin last night. I hoped he enjoys old yogurt, black bananas, and q tips. I’m surprised he didn’t make use of the hair clippings from the last time I buzzed my skull.
Sounds like someone needs an extra galvanized rubbish bin and an Oscar the Grouch costume. Might be good for @gonefirefightin as well.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Done! was onsite for 30 min, got all three trees down in under 15 mins. had flaggers on each end, road signs on each end, radios, lights traffic control etc.

I still got every Karen in town bitching and complaining.

Karen: "you know you have a sign in the middle of the road?

Me: yep, thats the point
what you really need is a big sign saying something like "new arby's coming soon" or "there's a jiffy lube in your future"!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so... tell me about Mexico these days. I haven't been in... 30 years? I'm trying to pitch the idea of Oaxaca to my buddies (the ones on the BC bike trip currently).

They keep coming back with safety considerations. One of them even said the head of CARE Canada's security said it was more dangerous than Darfur and Somalia... I can't help but feel there's an element of ignorance in there, and it's also associated with parts of Mexico that are very far from Oaxaca... Or am I just being naive?

When I went there in my teens, I felt totally safe. But that was 30 years ago. I suppose it helps that I speak the language, and that I love the culture... it's been so long, and I'm turning 50 next year. a trip to Oaxaca seems like it would be a great idea...

Jun 24, 2024
JTown
so... tell me about Mexico these days. I haven't been in... 30 years? I'm trying to pitch the idea of Oaxaca to my buddies (the ones on the BC bike trip currently).

They keep coming back with safety considerations. One of them even said the head of CARE Canada's security said it was more dangerous than Darfur and Somalia... I can't help but feel there's an element of ignorance in there, and it's also associated with parts of Mexico that are very far from Oaxaca... Or am I just being naive?

When I went there in my teens, I felt totally safe. But that was 30 years ago. I suppose it helps that I speak the language, and that I love the culture... it's been so long, and I'm turning 50 next year. a trip to Oaxaca seems like it would be a great idea...
My wife went this year, she told me she felt safe

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
now WFH for the afternoon. Swung by REI to get a new pannier that's on discount and see if they have any rack extenders for the little one's setup. We'll see if I can get it done

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

My group of riding buddies are planning on going to Oaxaca next year as well, probably in the fall. Imagine if the timing lined up?

https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/oaxaca.296553/ :brows:

One buddy loudly voices how he will never set foot in Mexico and this and that, but we think he is just paranoid. He's also been a broken derailleur all year, so its his loss and at this point we don't care if he comes or not. :D

We are looking for good times, shuttles etc.

Need to start actually researching it and picking dates, even if its a year out. The stars only align so often for all of us to get on a big trip like that haha.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Had such a good ride yesterday. I might ride tonight again too. Leave work early. My joy also has to do with the bike. It just a much better bike than my old bike. Fits better and just a faster and more fun bike. I see a lot of hate towards electronic shifting but I have really like the AXS setup and I have no problem charging a battery once in a while (sorry for the bike related post in the Lounge).
What is this "bike" of which you speak??

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
You should tell 'em it's way safer than coming to the U.S. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Race this weekend. Hannah managed to fall going uphill last night and rip the fresh skin off her knee from when she crashed her Razor going uphill last week. Wtf?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
9:45AM, five bird swoops at home with the last one going all in with a bit of chest action.
It must have broken in to the house and seen all of the eggs in the fridge.
I still can't work out where the nests are, they wait till you stop looking to return and announce their war cry from a different spot each time.
It's bike ride time, so they'll go for me again, it's a bit of fun.

Edit- It would seem doing my own war cry has elevated things, I now get swooped at the clothesline.

Swooping season is when Trump supporters should holiday in Australia.

Last edited: