Quantcast

√√√√√√ Ch®istmas Saturday GTM ††††††

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Will leave work in about an hour or so. A quick last minute market run, then a (hopefully) painless and quick trip to the post office to ship my RMSS elf their gift! Then bed time. Mrs. Scrub is going to spruce up the house a bit for some last minute guests while I'm napping, then we are ordering a boat load of dinner for everyone from out favorite local Chinese place. Maaaaaaybe we'll watch Glass Onion in the evening.

/sweetblog

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
9 y.o. is bouncing off the walls. Windy as heck here too, hopefully the roads are cleared before I leave to drive to my MILs... Google maps is saying there's a bunch of accidents along the way, and currently it would take an extra 30 minutes. That's not too bad, considering the storm that's hit us...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
11F and little wind, so that's nice. I think I am going to test the trails, see how wet and blocked by windfall they still are. Baby Jesus is visiting this evening so I can't spend too much time in the woods today, unfortunately.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Currently 30 and my driveway is 1" sheet of ice, as is the road in front of the house. No walkies this morning and the pups are getting stir crazy. But if I let them out back, they all slip on the patio and I want no part of it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello chums!

slept quite well due to benadryl (thanks science!) but I am sick with man flu again so sore throat yesterday and stuffy today. I'll grab some sudafed and maybe a ride to carve out the boogies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Couple of beers last night, slept like shit as a result. Probably ought to run out and get a couple last minute stocking stuffers. My fat ass could really go for some exercise of some sort as well now that it's not well below zero.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
¡Hola, monos! :monkey:

Unsure what’s on tap for me today, but I’ll tell you this: I bought Teh Spousal Unit™ an art for Christmas this year. It’s a risky move, but I think she’ll like it. I’m usually more of a “useful gift” like of guy, but dang it if she (and I) don’t really just have what all we need already. That sounds so bougie when I think it out loud in my head.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last hour:
Let me just uninstall Adobe Creative Suite, since Wifey doesn't use this computer anymore. Wait, why do I need to update the software first? Wait, why is it not downloading the software to update it? How the fuck do I delete this? Ah! Adobe has a forced uninstall program. Excellent! And... Dreamweaver and Muse are left. Let me just use Windows to uninstall. What do you mean I can't? Great. Now I need to find a new program. What the fuck is this? I need to get into the Windows Program Files to delete this shit? What the fuck is that? Well, at least it's only 2.GB left... FTS. I'm gonna go drink my coffee and study.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
16*. picking up stuff for tomorrow's dinner. went to bed too late and thus am le tired. going to friends for dinner tonight. need moar coffee now and to wrap a few things laterz.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last hour:
Let me just uninstall Adobe Creative Suite, since Wifey doesn't use this computer anymore. Wait, why do I need to update the software first? Wait, why is it not downloading the software to update it? How the fuck do I delete this? Ah! Adobe has a forced uninstall program. Excellent! And... Dreamweaver and Muse are left. Let me just use Windows to uninstall. What do you mean I can't? Great. Now I need to find a new program. What the fuck is this? I need to get into the Windows Program Files to delete this shit? What the fuck is that? Well, at least it's only 2.GB left... FTS. I'm gonna go drink my coffee and study.
Try it now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode, so that was nice. As expected, plenty of trees down, lots of frozen surface water and still quite a bit of running water that freezes instantly on anything it lands on, my bike is a pretty icicle. The lakes are far from frozen though, so that's less nice.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Sister's in town from Sac, so we're going to hang out with her family this afternoon. Then we're doing our annual Christmas Eve steak dinner. Still have a little wrapping and Christmas prep to do, but hopefully I can throw some weight lifting in there somewhere.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Still windy as fock. Will skip mother nature's snow bukakke for now and go skiing instead of plowing.

Assembled shelving in the pantry this morning. Extra 3 shelves on the left will help.

received_6459112687433285.jpeg

:fancy:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

'tis dark, dreary, and very rainy in seattle now but hopefully the sheets of ice have resolved

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I decided to take the recycling out to the curb and immediately regretted it. Tried to go down the rocks next to the driveway and busted my face on the big rocks dividing the property.

It just started raining so it might melt by this afternoon, but it's an ice rink.