Quantcast

>∞< sundizzle gmt >∞<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Early night last night as I got dizzy just before bed. Not sure what's happening, but it's probably related to my recent diet of tacos and pizza and the resultant high sodium/blood pressure.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: Christmas lights, I am sitting here watching the local news like I like to do on the weekends, and there was a story that WALMART is now offering a service where they'll do all of your Christmas light installation on your house. This is the first I have heard of such a service, but I am surprised it hasn't been thought of before. Unless it has and I just hadn't heard about it.

Anyway, we were awaked at 6:00 to the sounds of the dog puking in her bed. Good times.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not riding until this afternoon. Should probably do more than watch the footie and F1 this morning but we'll see.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I feel great. Finally slept, after 4 nights of misery.

Small dog needs a trip to the vet. Fearing tooth extraction and antibiotics will be required.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here, sitting in the parking lot at Copper Mtn with Haley.

Passed a wild fire that was just starting in Dumont - no fire dept, probably less than an acre, but up the hill and it was windy as all hell. Called 911 and apparently there had already been a lot of calls with fire inbound. We saw a command truck heading east, hauling ass, about 5min later.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Passed a wild fire that was just starting in Dumont - no fire dept, probably less than an acre, but up the hill and it was windy as all hell. Called 911 and apparently there had already been a lot of calls with fire inbound. We saw a command truck heading east, hauling ass, about 5min later.
seems like an alibi post to me……

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Even after being in the military and being a career firefighter I doubt there is, or ever will be such a noise that catapults a person to being wide awake and out of bed.
a 20 pound maine coon cat hacking up a hairball on me in a dead sleep triggered defensive measures....it was launched across the room...it being a cat....landed on its feet...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Installed the studded big boys on the fartbike. Goin' ridin' steep icy stuff!

But first, I need to go clean the chicken's coop.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Early night last night as I got dizzy just before bed. Not sure what's happening, but it's probably related to my recent diet of tacos and pizza and the resultant high sodium/blood pressure.
Meniere's disease?

Had bad vertigo years ago and was diagnosed with meniere's. Simply dialing back on the salt took care of the problem.

Also had a slight ringing in the ear.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Recent Karate Monkey conversion from 760mm Renthal to 460mm Deda Elementi drop handlebar. Lost many torquealators when climbing, found a Surly stainless chainring in Buy Sell w/ Pinkbike for a .8:1 improvement from 1:1 - effectively added a low gear. Pics showed a 'very fresh' item, as advertised and paid basically what a new one would be. Turning it over though and the teeth on that side are caved-in from the chainline running fulltime Everest Mode, even punched in and chipped tooth after running into Sasquatch during a nap across the Trail.

Very angry at the moment but seeing the BeigeBiker just uploaded a pic of his Dog with a shit-eating grin on. So - not as angry but feel as though this Bluenose Pitbull is being exploited somehow...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Anybody ever done any kickboxing classes? The GF is enjoying them and wants me to join in.

In other news, should get about 7-8 miles of range with the new FPV antennas.

View attachment 168387
Strong Fallout vibes
How’s the snow situation? Winter Park is pretty sad. March Hare and Larry Sale. And that’s about it.

/me is being driven back from WP at the moment. Wife-bot took over driving at Empire.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welp, kids just got their first jab. It's funny how the eldest is the bigger wuss when it comes to needles. the little guy is a fuckin trooper.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Meniere's disease?

Had bad vertigo years ago and was diagnosed with meniere's. Simply dialing back on the salt took care of the problem.

Also had a slight ringing in the ear.
No idea. Never had a dizzy spell like this (that I can remember). No issues with hearing and really no other symptoms. I had what might be a migraine last week but nothing else. Did a bike ride yesterday on the trainer and felt fine. Then got up to tuck the kids in and whoowhoowhoo

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Recent Karate Monkey conversion from 760mm Renthal to 460mm Deda Elementi drop handlebar. Lost many torquealators when climbing, found a Surly stainless chainring in Buy Sell w/ Pinkbike for a .8:1 improvement from 1:1 - effectively added a low gear. Pics showed a 'very fresh' item, as advertised and paid basically what a new one would be. Turning it over though and the teeth on that side are caved-in from the chainline running fulltime Everest Mode, even punched in and chipped tooth after running into Sasquatch during a nap across the Trail.

Very angry at the moment but seeing the BeigeBiker just uploaded a pic of his Dog with a shit-eating grin on. So - not as angry but feel as though this Bluenose Pitbull is being exploited somehow...
Never know what will come out of a PB deal. I paid money for a stem that the seller neglected to mention was entirely stripped out.

Yard work and getting the kids outdoors. Every day has been the "last best day of the year" at this point. I can take that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No idea. Never had a dizzy spell like this (that I can remember). No issues with hearing and really no other symptoms. I had what might be a migraine last week but nothing else. Did a bike ride yesterday on the trainer and felt fine. Then got up to tuck the kids in and whoowhoowhoo

I would feel perfectly fine then would say get up from a chair and fall over like a drunk, would be fine again 20 minutes later. Meniere's is very common in middle aged dudes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A few years back I had one of those. We had friends over for dinner that night and I spent it laying on the bathroom floor. Never happened before, hasn't happened since. Still have 0 explanation for what happened.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maybe dehydrated a bit?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Never know what will come out of a PB deal. I paid money for a stem that the seller neglected to mention was entirely stripped out.

Yard work and getting the kids outdoors. Every day has been the "last best day of the year" at this point. I can take that.
A wall mount clock with swinging pendulum needs a refresh. Instead, going to retro-fit it under the clock's hands, good side out of course.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Full weekend of gymnastics and it's great to be back. Syd coached her first meet and her level 2 & 3 kiddos did a great job. Alex is a level 3 now and he managed 3rd place on Vault, Bars, Beam and All Around and 4th on floor (9.1 only good enough for 4th with this crew). Syd is a level 8 now and got 1st on Beam, 2nd on Floor and Vault, 3rd on Bars and 2nd overall. Not too shabby. Another meet next weekend so we shall see how they do against the girls in Western NY. Now, it's time to wrap some presents, do some cleaning and teach a couple of trumpet lessons.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Strong Fallout vibes

How’s the snow situation? Winter Park is pretty sad. March Hare and Larry Sale. And that’s about it.

/me is being driven back from WP at the moment. Wife-bot took over driving at Empire.
American Flyer and Eagle are open. Main groomers down from each are open. Not a ton of options, but at least long runs.

But crowded... We left after 5 runs (11am) because it was getting dodgy. The full speed down the green (mostly) snowboarders, freestyle and race kids straight-lining the blues (mind, there are no blacks), and generally no sense or respect for downhill right of way. Haley got yelled at by someone she apparently cut off. However I was right behind her, she was making consistent turns - he was just straight-lining.