Quantcast

$∪₦₫₳¥ ThunderDome GMT

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

I was quite tired yesterday after my long-ass day. 4:45 AM alarm, snoozed. On road with kids by 5:10. Copper at 8:15. Skied by myself, then skied two runs with the kids. Dinner in Frisco (Ramen Sushi Steakhouse is ok at the first two things but subpar for steak), then managed to stay awake on the traffic-free, dark, quiet (sleeping kids) drive home. Home before 8:30. Took a bath then was passed out by 9:30 or so.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fun day yesterday. after work event went and chainsawed blowdowns in light snow. then rode a bit. trail runners were doing a 12hr race. cheered them on as rode by. then went to a benefit held by local skaters at a brewery where they auctioned off a lot of custom decks created by everyone from middle schoolers to professional artists. friend's daughter won a complete board. she was stoked. then to a different brewery for food truck dinner, then went and watched unc/duke roundball game at a different bar and made plans for windrock next sunday.

today, cleaning up the casa. might ride later.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola, conquistadors! I had a 16 mile run on my calendar today and I called it quits at 6.3 miles. I'm exhausted. Off to the grocery stores now to restock an empty fridge....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If you ever find yourself on road on the east bank of the Columbia River between Vernita Bridge and Beverley Junction, make sure to stop at the Wanapum Heritage Center.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
It is the first day I don't work and we got good snow last night.

So I don't get to go anywhere but shop.

I dream of snowboarding again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lift lines at Vail this weekend. I timed my vacation well and had no waits all week until the Friday dumping. Why even bother when it's like this?

Haley just asked me if that's why we go to Winter Park. The answer is 'Yes. This is why we go to Winter Park."

She was asking about people skiing on Berthoud yesterday and why the top of the pass looks like a groomer. When I told her it used to be a resort she asked if she could ski that run. It's one of those "no honey... you're not old enough for Backcountry yet" conversations."

Drive home from WP was fast and only took 1.5 hours with a pee break stop. You'd never know that we got hammered given how light the traffic was. I made it until 7:15pm before I passed out and didn't wake up again until 5:30am when Hannah decided it was time to get up; slept another 2 hours until she killed the battery on my phone watching Elmo. Still really, really tired.

Talked to a family we know from Devo and I feel less bad about Haley and I sleeping in the Frisco Safeway parking lot Friday night. They've done it more than once and it's why they have a place in Granby now. Sounds like most of the Devo families have had it happen at least once.

Came home to a microwave that is broken, so I had to buy a new one. Thankfully I just got a $150 Best Buy gift card from Rakutan (ebates) so it was only $330 for a really nice microwave in the lineup that Wifey wants the kitchen to end up with as things die.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, my kiddo is the goalie for our 'c' team, and we just creamed our 'A' team here at a tournament. That was a little fun for some bragging rights!
We did that back in college with our A-boat and B-boat for rowing. The A-boat should have beaten us by a few lengths, but we took lead early on and held it for the entire race. Bunch of A-boat guys lost their seats and it reset our team structure. Feels good when it happens.

Mad fist bumps to kiddo!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Decided to have a leisurely morning, eat breakfast with my gal, then get a slow start With no traffic up the hill to ski. Currently nuking snow, zero lifts lines, and they’re opening some of my favorite terrain on the hill. Visibility is garbage, but the trees are skiing awesome. Oh, and I got to have tacos with @rideit last Thursday, my three-year anniversary was yesterday, and I might have an interview tomorrow. Best. Week. Ever.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
skied a new (to me) zone at a infrequently visited (by me) ski area. SO FUN. Steep trees, tons of snow, 5-6 laps and I was toast. lift lines only a few minutes, dumping snow all day. Time for lunch.

Also I might have impulse bought a v10 yesterday. :weee:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think I ghetto fixed a sagging Reverb. As there was no oil in the air chamber I decided to instead of a full rebuild just open the poppet valve side and refill some oil there. I don't have the oil height tool and just tried to hit the right level. After reassembly and bleeding of the remote it looks like there is only a hair of sagging left (<1 mm). Need to see if this translates to real world use and lasts for a while.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Took the kids to Franklin Institute this morning. They made it halfway through their first planetarium show. Wegmans for lunch. Acceptable rueben. Home for a nap, then woke up, loaded some firewood, refilled bird feeders, and made pizzas see pizza thread). Hot tub once kids in bed then maybe a little tv before bed.

You fucking CO monkeys make me miss winter mountain time, but also remind me of my total disdain for traffic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Talked to a family we know from Devo and I feel less bad about Haley and I sleeping in the Frisco Safeway parking lot Friday night. They've done it more than once and it's why they have a place in Granby now. Sounds like most of the Devo families have had it happen at least once.

///Ski ///Haus

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Man, it’s nice to be home. The hockey travel is a little ridiculous:
missoula
idaho falls
denver
sun valley
bozeman
salmon, Idaho
and finally, Salt Lake City.
and this is for 11/12 y.o. Players.
there is a bonus one in Phoenix we aren’t going to.
good thing we like to get out of town.

Last edited: