Quantcast

≈‰≠‰§=… Hurr durr let’s go to work Thursday GMT ¥€§

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
popped a migraine right before bed last night as I was tucking my daughter in. Took all the drugs and waited for the aura to pass. At I shouldn't get one during MFest again…

Almost done at work. I work in a company with three people. One of them hasn’t talked to me since I put in my notice last Monday :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Coffee time here at work.

Riding tonight with a buddy who has made every excuse to not ride with our group of friends this year. On Sunday he said "oh I'm working on wednesday, can't ride. I'm off Thursday." To which my buddy and I both responded with, "well good thing we're riding on Thursday too!"

Late last night he tried saying he needed to bleed his brake. He has all day to do it today - and is going riding at the bike park in the afternoon...so.... :rofl: I told him I'll bring the bleed kit and we'll do it in the parking lot.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
HBD @slimshady

/me is in house at the hospital for two days in a row. I will make sure to not work too hard so as to make you all proud.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thank you all :monkeydance:! my family just surprised me with an Oakley jersey and a Fox windbreaker, so I shall go biking on Saturday to give them a proper shakedown.

That little family trip to the new Fox/Oakley/Alpinestars/Ride Concepts shop in our town early this year is really starting to pay out (wink, wink).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Totally spaced a meeting yesterday, oops. We have cancelled the last 4 or 5 so I figured this one would as well, my bad.

The new water heater controller shipped out and they want the old one back. They sent a shipping label, so no biggie. I asked RecPro if they wanted either of the failed ones they sent me and they said to scrap them. $900 worth of failed water heaters into the scrap pile.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Totally spaced a meeting yesterday, oops. We have cancelled the last 4 or 5 so I figured this one would as well, my bad.
90% of the time when I have a meeting there's an emergency 20 minutes before. I hate hate being late for anything. Now I just go to the meeting area an hour early and turn off my phone service.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
90% of the time when I have a meeting there's an emergency 20 minutes before. I hate hate being late for anything. Now I just go to the meeting area an hour early and turn off my phone service.
I am typically 5 minutes early to every meeting, even on Teams. It's a habit I learned early in my career at Intel because if you get there early, you can get the chit chat out of the way and maybe start the meeting on time.

Here I am early, so a few folks jump on as well, then we all sit in silence until the meeting starts. Unless Carl is there, then we can bullshit a bit.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i would like to register a formal complaint that this should be saturday, not thursday. but if the slackers in charge aren't gonna fix it, i guess i'll go ahead and thursday it up.

26 year anniversary today...probably just do something low key. 18yo's bday tomorrow. otherwise, just sloggin' along.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Re: meetings:

We have some shared responsibilities with another team. They insist on having weekly knowledge share sessions abut some topics and procedures they won't allow us to manage, but they still demand we learn about. The worst part is these knowledge share meetings would normally digress into internal discussions about the unfinished parts of what should have been a finalized procedure.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lil Mans birthday party is at Top Golf. I'm pretty sure he chose that so I'd pay the bill and that's fine. But I had no idea it was like $70 an hour ($282 for 2 bays for 2 hours). That just seems crazy. Then the wife says " have you looked at the food prices?" If she's concerned about the price, then I know better to even look. It's once a year, he and I will have a blast, that's what matters.

I looked at the kids party package and it's like $700 for 2 hours and up to 4 bays or some shit. Wow, I'm so glad my kids are grown and I only have the 2 grandkids to spoil.