Quantcast

⌫ Shun dray more leaves ⌦︎

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Sq-Earl bought a new truck so now we will be setting that up and deciding if his current rack system can work or if I need to buy another. Ugh. Coffee consumed and now I am debating the merits of making homemade croissants so I can have them for breakfast. Europe ruined me for American bakeries!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ugh, I think I'm hung over. Can't wake up, have no drive.

Went for dinner at an Izakaya place last night and ordered a bottle of sake. Turns out my wife didn't like it so it was up to me to drink the whole thing...

It's a beautiful sunny day here. Not sure what to do with the kids. Maybe go for a canoe?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still sore throat. Marginally better. 31 minutes of sweet middle child snuggles this morning—consistency is good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Grilled burgers and had a bonfire last night. Hot tub was heated and ready to go but I was too tired. Alas. More chores today. Trying to knock out a bunch before opening day of dh next Saturday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Race day. Got rear-ended on the way to the track. Trailer bent, hitch bent, but functional. Today we drive. Tonight I have more shit I don't want to deal with.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh I gotta get the wife to go on the road without me more often. 2 days of sleeping in without someone waking me up with a honey do list has been glorious.

Espresso, eats, then off to the barn around noon to help Ruth unload her horse clean out the trailer then use the RV dump at the barn. I have to get the rig ready for me to use Fri-Sun as a show medic out by Sacramento

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
youngest son turned 13 today so all day celebration plus we saw Guardians yesterday. Been out in the sun all day mostly gardening and more testing of my tile skills.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Race day. Got rear-ended on the way to the track. Trailer bent, hitch bent, but functional. Today we drive. Tonight I have more shit I don't want to deal with.
No sir, I don't like it.

Drowning my sore back sorrows in maple syrup and strawberry pancakes. Then going to cancel the rest of my hike itinerary. Sigh…
I also do not like this.

Borrowed the tiller from @Morryjg and churned up my small garden plot in anticipation of throwing tomato seedlings in the ground soon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride complete. Fun one with a few people. Started pissing rain halfway through. Casualties of this ride: one XTR derailleur, one cracked frame. :fancy:

Now, I am pondering taking a nap. But we're at that dangerous time of the day where it's almost too late to do so, without risking being up all night. What didn't help is the person who decided to bust out the chainsaw, weed whacker and lawn mower at 7am.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ride complete. Fun one with a few people. Started pissing rain halfway through. Casualties of this ride: one XTR derailleur, one cracked frame. :fancy:

Now, I am pondering taking a nap. But we're at that dangerous time of the day where it's almost too late to do so, without risking being up all night. What didn't help is the person who decided to bust out the chainsaw, weed whacker and lawn mower at 7am.
Just seeing a question mark where your carnage shot should be.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Now, I am pondering taking a nap. But we're at that dangerous time of the day where it's almost too late to do so, without risking being up all night.
I feel like 2:00 is that hour. If I am not in the process of getting that nap started around 2:00, it's better to just power through the rest of the day.

On an unrelated note, I have acquired pie.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Aborted our ski mission due to weather. We climbed up most of the first bit, thinking the clouds would break “any minute” because snow and full cloud cover was not in the forecast. Rather than continuing out into a pretty exposed ridgeline, we just turned back and skied frozen sun cupped garbage back to the car, then tucked our tails and drowned sorrows in mimosas at brunch.

Oh, and I napped from 1:30 until about quarter past 2pm. I’ll take it.

Now to get the dogs out and do some chores around the house.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified fast 8/12. Fastest of the rookies. Still having issues with traffic. During pre-heat she started fast but halfway through just started slowing down - finished 10/12. She said that she was dragging on the ground when turning right, so I pulled the body sliders and found a bolt that I could replace with a shorter one. Final was a mechanical. She spun in the formation lap and went partially off, which shifted her axle about 3mm. Which was enough to drag her brake the entire race. Ended up 12/12 down 2 laps.

Now I get to send an email to a state trooper and call State Farm.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Pretty sure if I swing my mattoc one more time my arms are going to fall off.

Spent an hour in fucking a trail that some no talent ass clown previously fixed per IMBA standards

Then a kids birthday party, so naturally I spent an hour hucking toddlers into the ball pit and bounce house

Finished it off with two hours of plant trimming, stump removal, sprinkler line snapping and generally trying to have a less ugly garden. It was unsuccessful.

Now beer, burgers shortly

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey man! I took the tri bike out for an easy 100 mile spin today. That's sort of like riding. Then I ran 3 miles. I need pie.
My easy 36 mile road ride had more vert than your 100 mile road ride.
My 17 mile MTB ride yesterday had more vert than both.

I'll post you some vert :p

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had a good mixed surface gravel spin after dinner. I explored a bunch of urban canal banks and saw lots of backyards. Dozens of dogs barked at me. Good times.