Quantcast

──√v^√√v^── Yeah Mon, Monday! GMT ──√v^√√v^──

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was away most of last week on the other side of Denmark. Nice to get out for once and found a really nice hotel. Being back in the office on a Monday is less motivating.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Flooring laid, furniture acquired. Wifey has been motivated to get a hutch and we found one locally for $50. Not a big outlay and she's happy, so that's a win.

Now to do some trim work and plan out a hardwood staircase build.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
eff me. lost my house key this morning. came home for breakfast and was locked out. Used the vans wheelchair lift to boost me high enough to climb over my fence. Back door is never locked because if you open in you face 4 big dogs that don't like strangers. grabbed my spare house key.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Boss took a stroll this morning to say hi. He gets in around 6, I was here by 6:30, nobody else gets here until 9. I like to make sure he sees me before I duck out. My automation is running, so it seems like I'm at my desk and he's seen me, so I can be gone for a couple hours and nobody knows. :rofl:

This job is pretty sweet sometimes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I get to spend a portion of today explaining that 30 days of availability for service is not the same as 30 days of service to someone who will only want to hear the latter. Especially when provides availability was over 60... Should be fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Insurance paperwork filled out for both thefts of the same car. I popped for a Club steering wheel lock yesterday. I have zero faith in it. I mostly got it to prove to my friends the car will still get stolen with it, and in hopes that if the thief returns and has to cut the steering wheel or break other things that the damage will push me closer to getting the car totaled.
Anyone wanna bet if the car will get stolen again before the claims adjuster sees it tomorrow?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thank you morphine.

Haven't pooped since Friday, before getting the morphine that night.

I now have things ready to go to attack from both ends of the colon.

:panic:

In the good news, my raging headache has gone away, I believe.

"working" from home today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. I get to spend a portion of today explaining that 30 days of availability for service is not the same as 30 days of service to someone who will only want to hear the latter. Especially when provides availability was over 60... Should be fun.
Is this some form of English? The words all look familiar, but it makes no sense... :homer:

I need a break from my life, a ski trip might provide just that.
I guaran-fuckin-tee this will be just what the doctor ordered.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is this some form of English? The words all look familiar, but it makes no sense... :homer:

I guaran-fuckin-tee this will be just what the doctor ordered.
Contracts have availability requirements by number of days. Accordingly, I can only handle so many accts, because my total availability has to be to that total. Ex: if I have 24 days each for 3 accounts and 150 for another, then I total at 222. I cannot take any more accts if they plan my annual availability at 225 days.

Contract: must provide availability to advisor for 30 days. Actually used by employees was 20. Our actually provided availability was 60 days, since we had two reps covering acct. Their lack of usage isn't our problem, because we provided the time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Insurance paperwork filled out for both thefts of the same car. I popped for a Club steering wheel lock yesterday. I have zero faith in it. I mostly got it to prove to my friends the car will still get stolen with it, and in hopes that if the thief returns and has to cut the steering wheel or break other things that the damage will push me closer to getting the car totaled.
Anyone wanna bet if the car will get stolen again before the claims adjuster sees it tomorrow?
i missed have missed an update, did you get it back from the second theft?

also, sorry to hear you have to deal with this nonsense. what a pain in the ass.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Pleading for help from random admins at HQ to help me get spare parts through customs and then to customers in need. I have been at this company for nearly 4 years. Some days I am not sure how some of our infrastructure even works anymore.

Any time I need to do something it feels like I am doing it for the first time. My boss calls it “panhandling for information.”

:coolstarrybra:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sick kiddos and work. Got loads to do before the end of the month. Called my first customer and he starts off with "must be the end of the month..." why yes it is, i've been giving you space. Now unlock your doors and lemme in.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i missed have missed an update, did you get it back from the second theft?

also, sorry to hear you have to deal with this nonsense. what a pain in the ass.
It was recovered with some additional damage. I’ve got about $4,200 in estimated damage on a $5-7k valued car. Hoping the adjuster/claims just says to total it. The replacement car I want is in stock at a local dealer and I’d love to pull the trigger on that but want to get this resolved first.

Oh. Car is still curbside. For now.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I think a dump truck of mail is about to show up with most of my small parts for the new build. This is getting harder to conceal.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
CPA. The more you got, the more complex it is. Your CFP should have a good one that he works with.
she.

and already situated the CPA a couple years ago.

but this is one even Google was unclear on, so I'm definitely going to leverage my CPA.

my post was a general lamenting.